Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this is what the transition looks like when a boy becomes a girl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Can't we just leave it at this?
    http://transgirldiaries.com/?p=1000
    Crack a joke and move on. Everyone's different no matter the label they live under.

http://transgirldiaries.com/?p=933

http://transgirldiaries.com/?p=82

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Oh gawd!!! Can open, worms everywhere!!! :eek::eek::eek:

This was not my intention!
    shay_562 wrote: »
    With respect, because I'll acknowledge I have very little experience or knowledge of transgender issues, isn't it just as offensive to dismiss her view because you don't think she's suffered enough pain and discomfort? Or to condemn her feelings and classification of her own genitalia as being 'hate speech' because it's at odds with your view of transgendered genitalia? The problem with transphobic people who dismiss it as 'an inside-out penis' is surely less about the ontology of vaginas and more about the way that they interact with transgendered people - dismissing their feelings, ignoring their opinions of their own bodies and seeking to impose societal norms on them that they don't fit, irrespective of the discomfort caused. Yet that seems to be what you're doing here.

Ok ok ok, I have NOT dismissed her views because I don't think she's suffered enough pain or discomfort!
    I know a lot of trans women who don't even feel they have any pain or discomfort with their physical sex and still feel the need to transition anyway, and I do not think they themselves or their reasons are less valid than mine at all!

I respect a person's right to self-identify as well, so many people don't find the terms transgender or transsexual (personally I like transgender) suits them, and some people are deeply offended by other people calling themselves shemales and such because it's supposedly offensive and demeaning to trans identities. But then I've heard from some who think that to prefix a woman with trans is demeaning.

I can only offer that what Bornstein says regarding her genitalia coasts far too close to what transphobic bigots would say for my liking. It has nothing to do with if she's felt the same pain and discomfort I have, I have no way to measure that.
    hare05 wrote: »
    I didn't mean to cause offense. I don't define womanhood as being able to reproduce as a woman, but you've gotta admit, if you had the choice...

I'm not belittling transwomen. I simply think the current solution isn't exactly... elegant.

Sure, if I had the choice I'd much rather a fully functional vagina the same as any other woman and have the capacity to get pregnant, and I admit the current solution isn't perfect. But what choice do I have? Continue on with something that I can't even bare to have touched at the best of times, or have it surgically rearranged into something that I would be happy to have?

Surgically constructed vaginas can be perfectly elegant and beautiful, and that is something I would much rather have with the current options that are open to me.
    Johnnymcg wrote: »
    Is it that subjective? I'm genuinely asking here because I don't honestly know!

Yes, I suppose it is subjective.

To play devil's advocate, everything that a trans person is is subjective. How do we defy the genital-obsessed norms of gender definition if we don't look at what makes a man and a woman in subjective terms?

l_af83e29ea6215b888c215edf5cb22715.jpg
    l_60270a3c79c5f4dd3e9a19f4aab7799a.jpg
    l_175bad1b9208252b359e083ca09448d3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Can someone point out the individual differences in appearance to me please? I can see there is a massive difference, but I can't work out exactly what has changed.....

whirlpool wrote: »
    Can someone point out the individual differences in appearance to me please? I can see there is a massive difference, but I can't work out exactly what has changed.....

ok well if we look at this one for example: http://i.imgur.com/SDMw8.jpg
    Take a look at the difference of her cheeks because in the later picture her cheeks are fuller, more rounded out, more feminine. You can see it very well in this picture too: http://imgur.com/Sshcr.jpg
    What you are seeing in all of these pictures is a general softening of the features.

It's these softer features that we read as typically female, so when you're looking at a before and after picture of a transgender girl it's almost as if you're looking at brother and sister. If you ever look at a brother and sister that closely resemble each other, you can see they look very much the same, but one will look distinctly female and the other distinctly male.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 livlondon

I just remembered my grandmother saying that I was looking a lot like my sister the last time I was home (they have no idea as I was in my old-mode) and said it completely out of the blue. Very strange and odd. I noticed my shoulders and cheeks changing slightly (only 6 months here on the pills) but to me it's too slow to notice. It's other people that notice so much of it.

Oh and if I could live as a lad/man/boy and be happy I'd do it in the morning in less than a heartbeat, believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Katherine Jane

:DWow.. She looks amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

I've had a consultation about f.f.s......which most people think sounds crazy.....well to uninformed minds....the pain and the expense...very,very expensive,don't think there's any limit..if money was no object I'd jump at it though.....Interesting to see how hrt alone can change a face.....

It gives the rest of us hope. If I can turn out THAT good without FFS, yee ha!

Hi there Katherine. Welcome to boards, glad you like this thread! ;)

This is a picture I really want to share.

hCYSg.jpg

I don't know who she is, she's on the wikipedia page about transsexualism, but whoever she is, I think she is beautiful beyond words. I often look at her picture, it always makes me happy for some reason. Maybe because of the statement she's making? I love her.

• Advertisement

She is beautiful! If I turn out half as well!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think the fact that transitioning people are usually becoming happier in themselves has a lot to do with how much more 'feminine' (or 'better') they look in their photos.

Well, it definitely helps if you are perceived as a woman, instead of as some sort of "freak" as some in society would put it. I do NOT want to be an advocate, or a spokesperson for any movement. I just want to fit into life as a woman.

Well it's about expressing on the outside how one feels on the inside, and I wouldn't limit that to the physical realm either.....in that there's more to gender reassignment than the shape of the body one inhabits.......

I agree! But INSIDE, I've always been female. It is making outward appearances match what is inside that is the challenge.

fKweU.jpg
    spurious wrote: »
    I think the fact that transitioning people are usually becoming happier in themselves has a lot to do with how much more 'feminine' (or 'better') they look in their photos.

There's definitely a lot of truth to that. Transition is probably as much emotional as it is physical. I can see it in myself, and I haven't even gotten on hormones yet. Just since coming to terms with things, I think my personality has changed a bit, and I'm a lot more confident in myself now. People notice it about me, but I don't think they really know why. I see a picture of myself from a few months ago, I just have this dead expression, there's no life in my eyes. In more recent pics I look alive and full of fun.

There's going to be a lot more changes to how I think and how I feel when I do start hormones, and that will be wonderful. :)
    Freiheit wrote: »
    Well it's about expressing on the outside how one feels on the inside, and I wouldn't limit that to the physical realm either.....in that there's more to gender reassignment than the shape of the body one inhabits.......

One thing about transition is that you are going to be reinventing yourself in the most profound way possible. As much as it is about expressing how you are on the inside, it's an incredible opportunity for self improvement. It's a physical, emotional, and personal transformation, and I want to take every advantage I can of that. I've already started shedding elements of my personality that I disliked, that over compensating false confidence I used to have is gone now.

It's a change inside and out. And do you know what I want? I don't just want to be the same person in a different package, I want to be a better person in a better package!

Another pretty amazing transformation Links234.........

Wow... Another stunning woman. Are these photos from a site?

I've come across these pictures on different sites and I have a folder that I've saved them all to.

Here's an update of one I posted early in the thread:

jOVZz.jpg

• Advertisement

Links,

You give me hope by posting all of these before, and after photos, and videos. Thank you!

Kate

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

you go girls! this coming from a straight guy, I gotta say if i didn't see the earlier pics I would have no idea. What is interesting though is how much happier the people in the pictures seem to look as time goes by. the last video was impressive.

but truth be told, it do kind of cringe when i watch them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

aido179 wrote: »
    you go girls! this coming from a straight guy, I gotta say if i didn't see the earlier pics I would have no idea. What is interesting though is how much happier the people in the pictures seem to look as time goes by. the last video was impressive.

but truth be told, it do kind of cringe when i watch them...
    Why?

qizD3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm starting to see what you mean when you say "softening of the features". It really is amazing to think that's the difference between where they start and where they finish.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I'm starting to see what you mean when you say "softening of the features". It really is amazing to think that's the difference between where they start and where they finish.

Yeah, it's quite a subtle but really huge difference

6dYSE.png

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RocketFalls

Would the..erm..erogenous zones develop in such a way as to make sex pleasurable? Or would that area never really live up to its true potential?
    I'm straight, but this has always kind of fascinated me.

Would the..erm..erogenous zones develop in such a way as to make sex pleasurable? Or would that area never really live up to its true potential?
    I'm straight, but this has always kind of fascinated me.

Are you talking about after genital reassignment surgery? By any account I've read (unless something goes wrong with the operation) the erogenous zone is very sensitive to pleasure and fully capable of orgasm if that's what you mean?

• Advertisement

Advertisement