Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yeah, nothing escalates a nagging into a row more quickly than telling them they're nagging you. I'm lucky enough too, but the grief some mates get.......
    Suddenly pretending that English is not your first language is a brilliant way around this. See their faces light up when you reply to a nagging tirade with "which way to the next village".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

old gregg wrote: »
    Suddenly pretending that English is not your first language is a brilliant way around this. See their faces light up when you reply to a nagging tirade with "which way to the next village".

Well considering English is not her first language, it could get very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

The year is drawing to a close. Highlights? Lowlights? Resolutions?

Get ready to see this a gazillion times in your Facebook feed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Is it a fake. According to this vid it is

If the second one hasn't been doctored I'd have to say it looks fake

• Advertisement

joker77 wrote: »

Highlight has been quitting smoking properly. I quit in 2011 but was smoking when drinking still. I was also smoking spliffs most evenings. Have managed to knock it all on the head since August (space cakes ftw!).

Resolution - I'm not explaining my actions to anyone anymore. It ties in to my lowlight which I don't really want to go into.

Overall been a very busy but good year. Hopefully 2012 is a bit easier. And hopefully I make it to a few gigs in 2013. Last dance gig I was at was Underworld in the RDS in 2010 I think. Having kids knocks the sails out of your clubbing life big time.

I take it you mean life wise rather than music?

Highlights - Finding out I have a Bambino on the way in the new year. Just moved home recently, which has been a long time coming, and I've finished setting up a decent music room. :)

Lowlights - Work has been pretty stressful this year (says he messing on t'internet!) but as a result it's been pretty rewarding.

Resolutions - Cut out the procrastination for the new year. And do the Dublin marathon!

Music wise

Big highlight was getting to see the Stone Roses both in Dublin and Manchester.

And this for me was the best song of the year. I know I've posted it in the recent releases thread but I've waited months to get it on vinyl!

Big highlight was getting to see the Stone Roses

That was a great gig alright.

Highlights - Finding out I have a Bambino on the way in the new year.
    Congratulations! Enjoy the lie ins while you can is all I say.

Congratulations! Enjoy the lie ins while you can is all I say.

Ha. That seems to be the one line that parents take glee is saying to expectant parents.

• Advertisement

Highlights - spending another summer playing festivals abroad and finishing the Berlin project, enjoying some great gigs with friends, getting through another 12 months without a haircut
    Lowlights - getting rained on even more often than ever in Ireland, regular periods of burnout
    Resolution - same as every year, try and reduce the stress levels, work much faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Ha. That seems to be the one line that parents take glee is saying to expectant parents.

I think it's because it's the only solid advice parents can give. They wing the rest of that sh¡t.

I think it's because it's the only solid advice parents can give. They wing the rest of that sh¡t.

Too right. Some learning curve those first few weeks

That's why I moved to the the country! Gonna move back to the Dublin before the child develops a bogger accent though. Can't be having that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

That's why I moved to the the country! Gonna move back to the Dublin before the child develops a bogger accent though. Can't be having that!

Ha, my 6 year old has a D4 accent and where in meath. Congrats Baz! it's going to change you're life for the better.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Get ready to see this a gazillion times in your Facebook feed.

ericl wrote: »
    3s96uj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

my mate a couple of days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnvqTwMRdls

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Highlights - Losing 5 stone, running again, quitting smoking (14 weeks now), quitting drinking (more or less), getting my blood pressure to 120/80, getting back to music, getting through 1st (and half of 2nd) year of medical school (2 and a bit to go), buying records again, the kitchen-sync night i played in the TP, getting my records/decks/etc set up in my place, building ikea stuff, Obama getting elected and er, Christmas. Oh and it looks like we are going to have abortion sorted out in this country.

Lowlights: The fact that it took the ultimate human interest story to get abortion sorted in this country.
    The Iona Institute. The fact that Romney got the popular vote. Leo Varadkar.

Resolutions: stay more on top of medicine stuff to avoid cramming. lose another 2 stone. sleep more.

Congrats on the smoking JT.

Obama won the popular vote didn't he.

The abortion thing is going to remain a problem even if they legislate imo. If you look at the Savita case, at what point would it have become obvious that her life was in danger and they would have been allowed abort? Or will it just be a case that if the woman says her life is in danger they will be allowed abort?

I only found out this week that the UK's rules do not allow abortion on demand and yet so many women (including Irish) have abortions over there.

nice one on the smoking jt. three or four years off them myself. happy ****ing days.

• Advertisement

Anyone watched this yet? I'm going to have a look over the weekend.

jtsuited wrote: »
    Highlights - Losing 5 stone, running again, quitting smoking (14 weeks now), quitting drinking (more or less), getting my blood pressure to 120/80, getting back to music, getting through 1st (and half of 2nd) year of medical school (2 and a bit to go), buying records again, the kitchen-sync night i played in the TP, getting my records/decks/etc set up in my place, building ikea stuff, Obama getting elected and er, Christmas. Oh and it looks like we are going to have abortion sorted out in this country.

Lowlights: The fact that it took the ultimate human interest story to get abortion sorted in this country.
    The Iona Institute. The fact that Romney got the popular vote. Leo Varadkar.

Resolutions: stay more on top of medicine stuff to avoid cramming. lose another 2 stone. sleep more.
    Some amount of highlights there chief!

Highlights: Watching the boy grow another year. Time is flying, sometimes I wish I could slow it down.
    Great friends, great parties, too many to single out - Kitchen Sync.
    Cycling - first year Open Racing - completely addicted. Hit a major milestone today - > 10,000 kms cycled for the year. In my mid thirties, but fitter than I've ever been (and I've never been that unfit really). Stepping up another level to 3rd Cat this season - 'proper racing' I'm told.

Lowlights: Luckily not too many. The external stuff - recession etc, hasn't hit too hard. We've 1 wage and 3 mouths to feed, but we're managing. Thankful for what we have - everyone is healthy - I know it's a cliche, but watching what some people have to go through, again we're lucky.

Resolutions: Stay focussed on the training.
    March is a massive month - 9th is our first big night in the Twisted Pepper with Rrose. Then at Easter Weekend the plan is to do my first big stage race - the Gorey.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Congrats Baz with the baby on the way... ah tis all ahead of ya!

Bit of a roller coaster of a year for me I must say.

Some highs:

Finally getting my sht together and starting a business. As I said to my business partner recently after a long tough day - it feels like 'living' as opposed to 'working'! Just need the cash to roll in and then we'll be sorted...

Yeah as Joker said also, watching the kids grow and in my context being around more now that I'm not in London for half the month anymore.

Been a right whopper year for music, wouldn't even know where to start but I will say its been less about electronic this year. Some amazing old discoveries and lots of fucing unreal albums released this year, I may get around to listing them at some point. Some great nights out too, most recent being the Destroyer gig a few weeks ago, brilliant gig.

Changing my car has been fun too, initially quite painful getting rid of what I had but worked out better in the end in terms of my new toy.

We've been told officially that our daughter is a 'genius' and has to attend classes to focus on other subjects. I knew this for quite a while though as she is my daughter, probably will never quite reach my level of intellect however :pac: Needless to say we are proud!

Lows:

Pain in the ass of a process in terms of leaving my job, went on for weeks and very stressful.

Haven't had as much time to keep up with exercises and reading - really bothering me and I need to find time to do both again ASAP.

While starting a business is great, not having a salary isn't so great.

Cat died :(

In summary, I'm pleased with 2012 and looking forward to 2013. As another year passes, I continue to really see that life is what you make it. And here is a little song on that theme :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

Just thinking what a lowlight would be for me and just realised, even though i did at least one gig a week throughout 2012(sometimes 2 or 3 gigs a week) I reckon every single one was a commercial gig. Couldn't afford to live without the commercial djing as i'm only an apprentice in my day job but must make some effort to actually do at least some non-commercial in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

We've been told officially that our daughter is a 'genius' and has to attend classes to focus on other subjects. I knew this for quite a while though as she is my daughter, probably will never quite reach my level of intellect however :pac: Needless to say we are proud

Congrats. If you havent already, check out CTYI (http://www4.dcu.ie/ctyi/index.shtml) for your daughter. My eldest son goes and, although not cheap, it provides an advanced level of learning that his regular school just cannot provide....good selection of courses as well, so should be something that piques her interest.

great news on the genius daughter Scuba....hope she's started piano lessons already.

Synode wrote: »
    Congrats on the smoking JT.

Obama won the popular vote didn't he.

The abortion thing is going to remain a problem even if they legislate imo. If you look at the Savita case, at what point would it have become obvious that her life was in danger and they would have been allowed abort? Or will it just be a case that if the woman says her life is in danger they will be allowed abort?

I only found out this week that the UK's rules do not allow abortion on demand and yet so many women (including Irish) have abortions over there.

Sorry yeah, as it turns out obama did get the popular vote. The thing about abortion is, you don't legalize it in the same way you legalize other things (regulate etc). A tiny few adjustments to our legislation and it becomes up to a doctor(s) to assess the risk the pregnancy poses to the health of the mother.

Now, not a lot of people realise this, but being pregnant is dangerous as fcuk (clots, neuroendocrine problems, psychiatric problems, etc etc). Then throw in the suicidal ideation, and tbh if a woman didn't want to continue a pregnancy, one could easily argue that the risk posed is great enough to terminate.

Remember the issue here is not whether abortion is right or wrong but whether it is consistent with human rights conventions to have a blanket prohibition on it. Every single report and expert and court has said that Ireland's abortion laws contravene these conventions with the law as it stands.

Remember, Roe v Wade in the US was not a ruling that 'abortion is ok', it was a ruling that said that nobody could stop a woman deciding what to do with HER body.

jtsuited wrote: »
    Sorry yeah, as it turns out obama did get the popular vote. The thing about abortion is, you don't legalize it in the same way you legalize other things (regulate etc). A tiny few adjustments to our legislation and it becomes up to a doctor(s) to assess the risk the pregnancy poses to the health of the mother.

Now, not a lot of people realise this, but being pregnant is dangerous as fcuk (clots, neuroendocrine problems, psychiatric problems, etc etc). Then throw in the suicidal ideation, and tbh if a woman didn't want to continue a pregnancy, one could easily argue that the risk posed is great enough to terminate.

Remember the issue here is not whether abortion is right or wrong but whether it is consistent with human rights conventions to have a blanket prohibition on it. Every single report and expert and court has said that Ireland's abortion laws contravene these conventions with the law as it stands.

Remember, Roe v Wade in the US was not a ruling that 'abortion is ok', it was a ruling that said that nobody could stop a woman deciding what to do with HER body.

one of the impacts of roe vs wade was a huge drop in crime 20 years later. basically women themselves are in the best position to say if they should be bringing up kids. roe vs wade itself was about a drink and drug addicted mother. the evidence suggests that you end up with more kids being born into circumstances that favour them becoming dysfunctional.

as uncomfortable as this is it is backed up by real world statistics from all of the different states in the us (some legalised abortion at different times, the fall in crime 15-20 years later always corresponds with this) and other countries like romania.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Highlights: Great parties throughout the year, 12 Kitchen Sync events, went to pile of gigs as usual, got on my bike in the summer an completed the Tour of Meath 160km, learned the basics to making tunes, promotion in my job & spent 3 weeks Inter Railing which was amazing.

Lowlights: There was a couple this year unfortunately :(

Resolutions: Kick on with the productions an try get a release this year, go travelling again either in the summer or towards the end of the year & push Kitchen Sync on another notch.

• Advertisement

Happy Christmas bitches

Advertisement