Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/aust/54218/The_inside_story_on_Lil_Louis_tour_debacle
    I sorta know a man who once bought a dog from the guy behind this... Kinda funny, worth a read.

Prometheus was absolute sh!te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

From YLYL

lkWZH.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Ok the car hunt continues and is ramped up by the fact that my other car is gone :( Anyway, been looking at the Mazda RX8... seem reasonably priced, anyone any experience of them?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4214363

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Good cars, fun to drive with rwd, revvy engine, nice inside - slightly practical. However they are thirsty and they drink oil. Just avoid the cheapest ones..

Hmm, the thirsty bit puts me off alright. I read about the oil element so was prepared for that. Its really poxy trying to pick something fun and practical for the family. I'd like an A3, not that they are fun as such but similar to what I've had... in my budget though they are all very high mileage. The RX8 for some reason tend to be quite low mileage in the 2004-2006 ranges.

Need to get something soon, this public transport business while living in North County Dublin isn't working too well!

• Advertisement

poll.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

this was the top rated comment on the daily mail before it was deleted on an article about the suicide. what also seems to have also avoided being reported is just how hard the immediate superiors of this lady came down on her. that seems to me to be a more likely source of pressure that could lead to suicide rather than just the 'humiliation' that the press is reporting.

apparently the type of problems that kate is experiencing are consistent with a high chance of an early miscarriage. can you imagine the fall out if that was to happen. oh my ****ing god.....

no idea why that image isnt showing. if you right click on it it should open in a new tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭milltown

raymann wrote: »
    apparently the type of problems that kate is experiencing are consistent with a high chance of an early miscarriage. can you imagine the fall out if that was to happen. oh my ****ing god.....

I'm not sure about that. Mrs.Milltown suffered hyperemesis with our first lad and, while I wouldn't wish it on any woman, our boy was never in any distress and apart from the odd night or two in hospital on a drip to rehydrate, Mrs.M worked her full time job up to a week or two before her due date and gave birth to a healthy boy.

I don't imagine her majesty's boss will be putting her under any pressure to get back to work. I'd also be willing to bet that she's getting better looked after than any woman in a semi-private (read mostly-public) ward in the Coombe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Tbf, we have no idea what the mental state of the woman was before the prank call, was she suffering from anxiety and depression, etc. To lay the blame on pretty much solely on the DJs might seem harsh but lets be honest they were the catalyst for all of the subsequent events. They broadcast without the consent of the hospital or the staff. I don't think they deserve any punishment for it though. They've effectively destroyed their own lives as it is.

But the relentless nature of news coverage these days means that when a story like this breaks it is relentless and inescapable. That woman probably couldn't get away from all the coverage and lets say you're a person suffering from anxiety with a tendency to catastrophize things in your head, you're going to be in a pretty dark place.

But I call total bullsh¡t on the claim by the hospital that she received no dressing down.

Tbf, most prank calls are pretty crap, that one was no exception, but the normal outcome is that most people will take it in good grace. I guess this one shows that when interacting with strangers you have no way of knowing what is going on in their lives and what way they will react to being made a fool out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

^ Holy Sht. Just had a look at some of the comments for that video on youtube, this one is funny...
    For those who think he isn't really DJing, if you listen carefully at 3:15 he ****s up proving he is DJing. Apart from that he did a perfect mix.

No headphones. Obviously a phony.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

You gotta love the slow panning shot of the camera around the back of the unplugged mixer/cdj's :D

dj shadow gets the hoof in some ****e club in miami. the us is really making a pigs ear of this edm ****:

http://elbo.ws/post/4676533/dj-shadow-kicked-off-decks-at-same-club-as-dennis/

raymann wrote: »
    dj shadow gets the hoof in some ****e club in miami. the us is really making a pigs ear of this edm ****:

http://elbo.ws/post/4676533/dj-shadow-kicked-off-decks-at-same-club-as-dennis/

Vidjo.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

this EDM stuff is hilarious at this stage. The current pop charts sound like the beatport progressive house charts.....5 years ago.

jtsuited wrote: »
    this EDM stuff is hilarious at this stage. The current pop charts sound like the beatport progressive house charts.....5 years ago.

This is true.
    Meanwhile, regressive house has never sounded better!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Why do women moan so much?

• Advertisement

joker77 wrote: »
    Why do women moan so much?

Because you keep doing them up the arse like Susan Boyle?

It's a serious question by the way. Not meant at anyone in particular. It just seems a woman's prerogative to moan at a man.

Is it that they have us sussed?

They are the weaker sex physically. They cannot use force, so in order to get their way they must employ constant psychological warfare? Breaking us down bit by bit by their incessant nagging?

A woman would say it's because they have to put up with men.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

when 'er indoors starts nagging, the headphones go on and the techno goes up to 11. I jest not.

I suppose it does work though. Get nagged enough about something and you just do it to shut her up.....and so the cycle continues

her indoors isn't the worst in the world at it. But they all do it, from what I can see. Look at every relationship - friends and family, and I see it. (ok maybe not every, there's always exceptions to the rule, but 99%+)

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I suppose it does work though. Get nagged enough about something and you just do it to shut her up.....and so the cycle continues
    That's why I say they have us sussed. They know it works.

But most of them HATE to think they are a nag. Nothing winds them up like pointing it out when they are doing it.

her indoors isn't the worst in the world at it. But they all do it, from what I can see. Look at every relationship - friends and family, and I see it. (ok maybe not every, there's always exceptions to the rule, but 99.9999%+)
    FYP

But most of them HATE to think they are a nag. Nothing winds them up like pointing it out when they are doing it.
    Yeah, nothing escalates a nagging into a row more quickly than telling them they're nagging you. I'm lucky enough too, but the grief some mates get.......

That's why I say they have us sussed. They know it works.

But then the use the 'Well, if you did what I asked you to do, I wouldn't have to nag you about it' which is essentially them telling you that you made them this way with your feckless nature…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

It's a serious question by the way. Not meant at anyone in particular. It just seems a woman's prerogative to moan at a man.

Is it that they have us sussed?

They are the weaker sex physically. They cannot use force, so in order to get their way they must employ constant psychological warfare? Breaking us down bit by bit by their incessant nagging?

It's because they know that they're not going to get a dig for being a wreck-the-head

Advertisement