Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead (AMC) [**Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

They're getting there considering there used to be a few months gap once.

Ya, but it's also getting easier to watch shows straight away or if you like to stay up late,watch them when they're on in the US.I'd give it about 1 or 2 days where I'd consider watching it on TV, but usually I'd end up forgetting to watch it on TV.The only thing I watched last year on TV was Lost and to a lesser extent,Glee, but Glee got crap and I didn't care too much about missing it and catching up a few weeks later.

Anyway,back to The Walking Dead,I can't wait to watch it.Hopefully,it'll be as good as Boardwalk Empire and I'll have 2 great new shows to watch for the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

basquille wrote: »
    Who needs to wait a few weeks? I'm about to pop this bad-boy on! :cool:
    You must have gotten your own private screening. I can't find anything in the usual places. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

DeepBlue wrote: »
    You must have gotten your own private screening. I can't find anything in the usual places. :(
    same. you got me excited there, basquille :mad:
    it's not supposed to be airing til sunday week (Halloween)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

DeepBlue wrote: »
    can't find anything here either. :(

I presumed he was messing .

If he isn't, sharing is caring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No, I'm not messing.

But can't say anymore. I'm gonna put my review in spoilers since I seem to be in the minority.

Was watching Hardy Bucks so throwing on 'Walking Dead' now.

hmmm, if only there was some way to share these types of things anonymously over the internet. ;)

:D

No, I'm not messing.

But can't say anymore. I'm gonna put my review in spoilers since I seem to be in the minority.

Was watching Hardy Bucks so throwing on 'Walking Dead' now.

Man,I'm so jealous right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Well, it's definitely out there, and legit. Not too sure about the quality (can't beat a bit of HD!) but I guess I'll bite the bullet. The opening scene looked really good in setting up atmosphere
    "No Gas" and the little girl
    . can't wait!

This was goddamn amazing!

Definitely one of the most cinematic pilots I've seen since 'Lost'.. it was EPIC written all over it.

Andrew Lincoln is pretty damn good as Rick.. he plays Rick a bit meeker than I'd imagined him from the comics (or what I've read of them).

The special FX are absolutely superb, although there was one of two moments where they weren't quite as convincing (
    Ricks first encounter with the legless zombie in the grass
    ).

And christ, it is VERY gory (never have I seen so many
    gunshot's to the head, a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head that looks all too real, not to mention a woman with the flesh literally torn off her
    ). I mean it's rated at 'TV 14' - the blood and gore isn't as glorified as say 'Spartacus: Blood And Sand' but it isn't far off.

And credit to Bear McCreary whose score is understated but superb.

The 67 minutes flew by.. and at the end, all I could think was "the 2 and a half week wait to episode 2 is gonna kill me".

AMC and Frank Darabont, you've gone and done it again!

• Advertisement

How did you find it?Is it the Directors cut that will air normally or different?

titan18 wrote: »
    Is it the Directors cut that will air normally or different?
    I'd be pretty sure it's the version that'll air.. there was no SFX to be added or anything like that. It had the opening titles (awesome by the way), and was an hour and 7 minutes, so it'll easily be padded out to 90 minutes with ads.

I'd be pretty sure it's the version that'll air.. there was no SFX to be added or anything like that. It had the opening titles (awesome by the way), and was an hour and 7 minutes, so it'll easily be padded out to 90 minutes with ads.

Did you know someone who got a copy of it or is it on the internet somewhere?

Nm,I got it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Meh. I was somewhat underwhelmed. It was good, but the visual style was ridiculously boring, considering it's based on a comic series I was hoping for something more visually appealing and strong. Instead it just looks like your bog standard early 00's tv show.

I'll give it a few more eps but I was really expecting something far more exciting.

(That said, are there two parts to the first release? I watched an hour-long episode but no more, was this right? Heard rumours it'd be two eps.)

titan18 wrote: »
    Did you know someone who got a copy of it or is it on the internet somewhere?
    There's a reason I left didn't answer that in my previous post.. I'm not saying!
    liah wrote: »
    Meh. I was somewhat underwhelmed. It was good, but the visual style was ridiculously boring, considering it's based on a comic series I was hoping for something more visually appealing and strong. Instead it just looks like your bog standard early 00's tv show.
    Funnily enough.. the visual style reminded me more of Stephen King's "The Stand" (which is early-mid 90's) but I really dug it
    I'll give it a few more eps but I was really expecting something far more exciting.
    Have you read the comic books it's based on? It's very much a character driven show and the first episode only covers the first 2 issues of roughly 75.
    (That said, are there two parts to the first release? I watched an hour-long episode but no more, was this right? Heard rumours it'd be two eps.)
    No, that's the one I saw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Not arsed with screeners, i'll wait for 720p HD....i can't watch standard def. anymore!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

There's a reason I left didn't answer that in my previous post.. I'm not saying!

Funnily enough.. the visual style reminded me more of Stephen King's "The Stand" (which is early-mid 90's) but I really dug it

Have you read the comic books it's based on? It's very much a character driven show and the first episode only covers the first 2 issues of roughly 75.

No, that's the one I saw.

I'm actually in the process of learning German via the Walking Dead series (housemate only has them in German), they're sitting behind me on the bookshelf atm. :p

I know it's meant to be character-driven but even then I was expecting a little more. Maybe the cast will grow into their roles more with time but for some reason it just didn't click for me yet; I'm hoping over the next few episodes that'll change.

That said I'd've probably liked it more if the visual style was better.. I wonder why they chose to go so.. dull, considering the artistic freedom they had the option to use?

Also SERIOUSLY disappointed they didn't use that fanmade intro! :p That thing rocked.

how long before it airs and we get to see a 720p copy?

not sure if i can wait, but i'm still not finding it online. i guess i'm just looking in the wrong places. :(

i know we can't openly link to things of this sort of nature on the thread, but if someone were to PM me a hint as to where i should be looking for it, i think that would be okay and i'd be very grateful. :)

if thats not allowed then maybe someone could PM me and i'll send them my IM details and then they could just mention it in casual conversation. ;)

vibe666 wrote: »
    how long before it airs and we get to see a 720p copy?
    November 1st I'd imagine.
    vibe666 wrote: »
    not sure if i can wait, but i'm still not finding it online. i guess i'm just looking in the wrong places. :(

i know we can't openly link to things of this sort of nature on the thread, but if someone were to PM me a hint as to where i should be looking for it, i think that would be okay and i'd be very grateful. :)

if thats not allowed then maybe someone could PM me and i'll send them my IM details and then they could just mention it in casual conversation. ;)
    I'd like to take this opportunity to ask people to familiarize themselves with our charter and in particular:
    * Don't ask where you can download/stream TV shows or give any links to them. Infact try to stay away from discussion of downloading altogether.

This is my final warning on the topic!

I'm not speaking to basquile anymore. He got to see it before me.

<crosses arms>

humph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

I'm watching it now. More excited than when I was waiting for my first born.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Basq did they use these titles in the end?

Basq did they use these titles in the end?
    Nope.. fraid not!

But I liked the new titles... but they're pretty bleak! ;)

So now I know what I'm doing tonight ..

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

I loved it. Thought it was really good. But I'm not sure about the intro. No need for that. Thought the characters were really well thought out and good acting. Loved the ending.
    Poor feckin horse and the lad's voice " Hey dumbass , yeah you in the tank"
    Well chuffed that i've seen it.

I'd like to take this opportunity to ask people to familiarize themselves with our charter and in particular:

This is my final warning on the topic!
    sorry, i'm desperate. :o

not to worry anyway, it's starting to appear in more and more places now, so JFGI as the saying goes. :)

should be ready in an hour, so it's just enough time to give the front lawn its last mow of the year and clean out the gutters before it gets too cold. :)

i think i might be making some popcorn for this one. :D

The quality of this pre-release will be sh*te imo....i'm gonna wait.

Not arsed with screeners, i'll wait for 720p HD....i can't watch standard def. anymore!!
    The quality of this pre-release will be sh*te imo....i'm gonna wait.

Is there an echo in here? :pac:

All my posts are automated, didn't you know?

• Advertisement

grrr, the download crapped out, got to start again now. :(

Advertisement