Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead (AMC) [**Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

basquille wrote: »
    Still no officially released trailer?

I'm a sad panda! :(

Just watch the crap quality trailer - it's pretty good, besides the crap quality itself, totally worth it...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

J-blk wrote: »
    Just watch the crap quality trailer - it's pretty good, besides the crap quality itself, totally worth it...
    Nope.. can't do it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Premieres with a special 90-minute episode on Halloween night, October 31st!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/08/24/amc-walking-dead-trailer/

Opr

Cheers opr.

I'm glad I waited the extra few days.. a fantastic promo (with truly woeful sound though).

Definately the show I'm most looking forward to this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Looks epic, hopefully it'll be a cracker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

that bit with the tank never happened did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Just watched the trailer. Its looks brilliant. Cant wait for this

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Anybody else find Lincoln's accent off-putting? I think he sounds terrible in the early scenes in the trailer.

iguana wrote: »
    Anybody else find Lincoln's accent off-putting? I think he sounds terrible in the early scenes in the trailer.
    He does overdo the "southern drawl" in the shootout scene alright..

.. but it's not as noticeable in later scenes.

• Advertisement

Some overkill with the new HD version :)

Opr

Oh oh oh. It looks even more glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The trailer looks great

Lincoln will always be Egg from This Life for me ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Just looked up Lincoln and I can't stop giggling that his real name is Andrew Clutterbuck.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

For those who have read the comic, is there anything differentiating this from every other zombie film, tv show, comic, novel, dream etc, or is it basically more of the same?

I'll give it a gander when it's on, but the novelty of zombies has gone the way of the lolcat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well, after I heard about this I read about 70 issues (It is really violent). The comic seems to deal more with how the survivors deal with each other rather than the constant onslaught of zombies.

Think more in the vein of Day Of The Dead.

That being said, they have said that they are going to take any possible and worthy path away from the comics in order to surprise the readers. (Example, that scene of the main character hopping into the tank at the end isn't featured in the comic..............though you do see the tank itself in it :pac:)

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Well, after I heard about this I read about 70 issues (It is really violent). The comic seems to deal more with how the survivors deal with each other rather than the constant onslaught of zombies.

+1 - it's more about the characters and other survivors they come across along the way, much more than it is about the zombies. In fact, there have been some issues where zombies don't feature at all and entire arcs that definitely deviate from the whole "survive the zombie horde" formula. If the show even uses half the stuff in the comic books, it should be very, very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

oh its the teachers bloke

J-blk wrote: »
    +1 - it's more about the characters and other survivors they come across along the way, much more than it is about the zombies. In fact, there have been some issues where zombies don't feature at all and entire arcs that definitely deviate from the whole "survive the zombie horde" formula. If the show even uses half the stuff in the comic books, it should be very, very good.

Oh that sounds interesting. That hasn't really been touched upon in most Zombie movies - the survivors story after the Outbreak.

Something that bothers me about these kinda of things is how the hospital is covered in blood, with dead bodies everywhere, but the main protagonist somehow manages to remain unscathed.

Do the comics flesh out any of the Zombies as recurring characters ? If so do you get to follow things from their POV at all ?

Opr

• Advertisement

opr wrote: »
    Do the comics flesh out any of the Zombies as recurring characters ? If so do you get to follow things from their POV at all ?

Opr

Nope, not so far at least (76 issues published so far). Of course, the series might do things differently (like Duggy747 mentioned, that tank scene does not exist in the comics at all) but I can't see it focusing on the zombies much either, because in the comics' universe, they are of the completely dumb and slow variety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

this looks exciting!!!

trailers are awesome, he seems to get himself into a lot of bad situations! is it just me or does anyone find it weird that the whole hospital is ruined except for his little room!! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

if i remember right, in the comic
    he was completely locked into the room so that the zombies couldnt get him, though i may be getting confused with 28 days later

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://walkingdead.fxuk.com/

Looks like FX UK will be showing it in November

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Interesting, it appears AMC has renewed TWD for a second series, before the first even starts!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/09/01/report-amcs-the-walking-dead-renewed-for-second-season-before-first-premieres/61827

Spartacus anyone? [edit - AMC has denied it's been renewed, disregard posting]

New Promo - "Don't Open, Dead Inside"

EDIT: Oh, and news of a second season renewal are just rumours according to Frank Darabont - see here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

this and boardwalk empire are my must see series this year, i love end of civiliastion series, loved jericho and survivors, shame both of them were canceled jericho especially,

i hope this works out, been done a lot in films, i think AMC should be good place for, it just wouldnt work on network tv,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Walking-Dead-Poster-500x740.jpg

"From the producer of The Terminator"?

Christ.. the man has probably one of the most impressive directorial careers of someone working today. Don't be putting producer credits on the poster! :rolleyes:

He almost directed 'The Mist'.. that deserved a place there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

basquille wrote: »
    "From the producer of The Terminator"?

Christ.. the man has probably one of the most impressive directorial careers of someone working today. Don't be putting producer credits on the poster! :rolleyes:

He almost directed 'The Mist'.. that deserved a place there!

Didn't he direct the Mist??:confused:

Advertisement