Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead (AMC) [**Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

allanb49 wrote: »
    Didn't he direct the Mist??:confused:
    Sorry.. don't know what I was drinking that day.

That's what I meant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Don't be making me question myself it's too early in the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

If they don't use this they sure as fcuk better come up with something just as good .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

still hoping to see a few zombie strippers

Superb fan-made opening title..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

A.M.C RULE BABY.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭James74

basquille wrote: »
    "From the producer of The Terminator"?

Christ.. the man has probably one of the most impressive directorial careers of someone working today. Don't be putting producer credits on the poster! :rolleyes:

He almost directed 'The Mist'.. that deserved a place there!

The "From the producer of The Terminator" is for Gale Anne Hurd, not Frank Darabont

James74 wrote: »
    The "From the producer of The Terminator" is for Gale Anne Hurd, not Frank Darabont
    Ah right... I was thinking Frank Darabont wouldn't have anything to do with 'The Terminator', but never googled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Cool fan made opening credits.

Opr

Go back 6 posts opr! ;)

• Advertisement

Go back 6 posts opr! ;)

The internet is hard work to keep up with :p

Opr

Not a single episode has been broadcast, and well over 3,000 views!...impressive, hit written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

over 100 posts and its not shown yet i hope it lives up to its hype and it should do given the network and all involved

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Zombies and gore on mainstream TV? It should, if nothing else, stoke up a fair amount of controversy StateSide. :D And then once this series airs and World War Z gets made, I think we should then retire the zombie from pop culture for the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

Really looking forward to this! Sarah Wayne Callies seems to be the weakest link in it though, thought she was awful in Prison Break. Still, if it's half as good as it could be, she'll be carried along on a wave of brilliance.

mmmmm...Emma Bell.

Interesting article, about if it's best to read the books first then watch the tv show, or vice versa: http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/10/01/walking-dead/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Poochie05

According to the Premiere list page on DigitalSpy FXUK premieres this on 5 November at 10pm.

• Advertisement

In a now popular action by TV networks to fight piracy, The Walking Dead will premiere worldwide the same week as on the USA, on 120 countries, and 33 different languages. On FOX Latinoamerica particularly, it will premiere the following day: on Monday, November 1st at 10:00 PM, while in the UK and Spain it will premiere on November 5

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/walking-dead-to-premiere-worldwide-on.html#ixzz12dDpsKlm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

In a now popular action by TV networks to fight piracy, The Walking Dead will premiere worldwide the same week as on the USA,

Ahh piracy, is there anything it can't do?

It's a strategy that should be used more often to be honest!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's a strategy that should be used more often to be honest!

It seems to be more and more common. I think the BBC 3 started it when they were showing Heroes S3 2 days after NBC. In the UK Five showed Flash Forward and V within a day or 2 of the US. And a lot of promo's for new series on Sky end with the VO saying, "just days after the first American viewing!"

I think the biggest problem though will be that will be new series. It's one thing for a "pirate" viewer to decide to watch a new series based on hype. If it's crap they've not really lost anything. But if it a tv channel does that they could have blown their budget for a show no-one is watching. Afaik, Five had been banking on much bigger viewing figures for both FF and V. So then the problem becomes one where they have spent their budget for 2 shows on the early airing of 1. Which could lead to a point where great, less hyped shows never get a foreign airing as the channel spent too much cash on a show that is a loss for them.

As well as that "piracy" isn't widespread in a lot of demographics. Sci-Fi/Fantasy and mega-hype youth shows are most vulnerable. The majority of people who watch period dramas, for example, aren't going to be as likely to get online and work out how to watch early, nor are they as likely to want to watch asap so they can jump on forums straight after and discuss it so they don't have the same impetus.

iguana wrote: »
    It seems to be more and more common. I think the BBC 3 started it when they were showing Heroes S3 2 days after NBC. In the UK Five showed Flash Forward and V within a day or 2 of the US. And a lot of promo's for new series on Sky end with the VO saying, "just days after the first American viewing!"

I think the biggest problem though will be that will be new series. It's one thing for a "pirate" viewer to decide to watch a new series based on hype. If it's crap they've not really lost anything. But if it a tv channel does that they could have blown their budget for a show no-one is watching. Afaik, Five had been banking on much bigger viewing figures for both FF and V. So then the problem becomes one where they have spent their budget for 2 shows on the early airing of 1. Which could lead to a point where great, less hyped shows never get a foreign airing as the channel spent too much cash on a show that is a loss for them.

As well as that "piracy" isn't widespread in a lot of demographics. Sci-Fi/Fantasy and mega-hype youth shows are most vulnerable. The majority of people who watch period dramas, for example, aren't going to be as likely to get online and work out how to watch early, nor are they as likely to want to watch asap so they can jump on forums straight after and discuss it so they don't have the same impetus.

Sounds like a character on Spartacus :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

iguana wrote: »
    And a lot of promo's for new series on Sky end with the VO saying, "just days after the first American viewing!".

They're bullshítting everyone with that. They're between a week and 3 weeks behind with almost all of their imports. Modern Family is a week behind whereas House is 2 or 3.
    No doubt they'll catch up soon enough though, what with all the breaks in the US scheduling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbf,it's a week behind.I'm not going to wait a week to watch it.

titan18 wrote: »
    Tbf,it's a week behind.I'm not going to wait a week to watch it.

They're getting there considering there used to be a few months gap once.

Who needs to wait a few weeks? I'm about to pop this bad-boy on! :cool:

• Advertisement

WARNING - following links MAY contain SPOILERS!!

Reviews of the first two eps. are out + interviews etc.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/10/19/the-walking-dead-comic-tv-lbcc-cover/

http://io9.com/5667199/spoiler+free-review-of-the-first-two-episodes-of-the-walking-dead?skyline=true&s=i

http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/walking-dead-tv

http://www.examiner.com/the-walking-dead-in-national/interview-with-the-walking-dead-s-zombie-makeup-designer-greg-nicotero

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2010/10/19/epic-reviews-for-the-walking-dead

"If the first two episodes are any indication, this series is already a home run! The Walking Dead isn’t just a killer show, it’s the best horror offering we’ve seen all year, period. As it stands, the extended first episode (written and directed by Darabont) is arguably the single greatest television pilot since Twin Peaks, not to mention the best zombie "movie” in almost a decade. And all you cynical horror fans who screamed about television censorship, fear not, this show has serious bite! In fact, the first two episodes alone are gorier than Romero’s last three Dead films combined," - Dread Central.

http://www.tvovermind.com/cable/amc/the-walking-dead/darabont-remaining-committed-walking-dead/35254

http://techland.com/2010/10/19/rumor-patroll-walking-dead-has-guts-roth-not-clowning-around/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+timeblogs%2Fnerd_world+%28TIME%3A+Techland%29

Advertisement