Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead (AMC) [**Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

OK, this officially sounds f*cking EPIC!

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/07/amc-walking-dead-panel-comic-con.html

Trailer out soon apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I just saw the trailer for this, hole-lee crap it looks good!! The production on it is really high, it seems more like a film than a television series. The zombies looks ace, too.

You can find the trailer on YouTube but since it was of a Cam quality (still watchable) I didn't bother posting it here, save yourselves for the real trailer which should be out soon.

Plus, the trailer they should at ComicCon was of a cut down version since the event is a "family friendly" one. The trailer is still fairly violent, though. :D

And the closing shot is savage. Really can't wait for this now!

= meh, after seeing that....28 Days Later, which i hated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Already got renewed and they haven't even aired an episode!
    While at Comic Con, producer and series overlord Frank Darabont has announced a second series has been green-lit so impressed are AMC with what’s been delivered already.

Opr

^ sounds like AMC just tryna out do Starz. I'll reserve qualified opinion until i see the pilot with an episode or two, it's hard to say based on a cam trailer....but i really hated 28 days Later, cheapo zombie crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

^ sounds like AMC just tryna out do Starz. I'll reserve qualified opinion until i see the pilot with an episode or two, it's hard to say based on a cam trailer....but i really hated 28 days Later, cheapo zombie crap.

There's little or no shaky cam on this series, it's filmed in a more cinematic style (coming from on-set reports and from Frank, himself)

Being that it's a TV show I'd say it costs a lot to make this happen, especially the 1st season to clarify the wider scope of zombie apocalypse (cities, streets and all that) The only comparison to 28 Days Later is when main guy wakes up in hospital, it ends there.

I love that bit with the tank at the end.

^ well i hope so, the whole "tralier park boys" look puts me off, dunno...i was hoping for more zombies and battles, tanks and armies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

even from the crappy cam job, it still looks class :D can't wait for the actual trailer to come out and see it proper

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not gonna watch that trailer as it looks like woeful quality!

They'll release an official one in the next week I'd say.

EDIT: How could anyone hate '28 Days Later'? Once again Richard, you baffle me! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

i was hoping for more zombies and battles, tanks and armies.

You'll be really disappointed if that's what you expect, the comic book is nothing like that, though there's plenty of action/suspense in it. The trailer looks very faithful to the first few issues, though there are some notable differences which is good, as it would take away from the show to know everything that is coming...

Great news about the early renewal too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

It gets better.... Bear McCreary of BSG fame is doing the score, can't wait to see the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ihackedboardz

is that the guy from teachers, Andrew Lincoln?

is that the guy from teachers, Andrew Lincoln?

Yep, it is.

is there any word on when it's going to air?

whiteman19 wrote: »
    is there any word on when it's going to air?
    October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Caught a bit of the trailer but switched it off cos i hates spoilers. Even tiny ones. But I am really looking forward to this.

Are AMC kinda like Showtime and HBO in that they wont pussy out on gore & nudity & violence?

Are AMC kinda like Showtime and HBO in that they wont pussy out on gore & nudity & violence?

Nope, I think AMC is basic cable so they're more like FX rather than premium cable channels like Showtime and HBO. They won't broadcast the same level of violence, nudity or swearing as HBO/Showtime but they are a bit more free than the basic free-to-air networks like FOX, ABC, etc. So there probably will be more violence and swearing on the show than on the major networks. The trailer shown at Comic-Con was apparently "watered down" for the convention.

I started reading the comic series the other night... excellent stuff!

They're a brief read at 32 pages per issue, and there's been 75 issues so far AFAIK.

i'm reading the comics myself as well, basquille.....really entertaining :) would recommend them to anyone.

basquille wrote: »
    I started reading the comic series the other night... excellent stuff!

They're a brief read at 32 pages per issue, and there's been 75 issues so far AFAIK.

Definitely recommend them too. The problem with starting to read them now (I only did a few weeks back too) is that you go through all 75 issues really fast and then crave more :). Kirkman tends to end the majority of issues on pretty big cliffhangers too...

• Advertisement

Any stripper zombies in this???

Bit of a question from left-field there RD! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

J-blk wrote: »
    Nope, I think AMC is basic cable so they're more like FX rather than premium cable channels like Showtime and HBO. They won't broadcast the same level of violence, nudity or swearing as HBO/Showtime but they are a bit more free than the basic free-to-air networks like FOX, ABC, etc. So there probably will be more violence and swearing on the show than on the major networks. The trailer shown at Comic-Con was apparently "watered down" for the convention.

Tbh if its done right I wont care about the nudity, gore and violence. I read the comics when they came out and its more character driven anyway.

Still...when you think Zombies you think gore.

Still...when you think Zombies you think gore.

Yep, and the comic is pretty gruesome at times, though it usually isn't because of the zombies! ;)

^ when i think zombies....i think lesbian stripper zombies?

This is such a cool banner..

TWD-CC-Banner-1163.jpg

Has anyone seen a wallpaper size (at least 1024 x 768) version of this?

basquille wrote: »
    This is such a cool banner..

TWD-CC-Banner-1163.jpg

Has anyone seen a wallpaper size (at least 1024 x 768) version of this?

Very, very, very cool.

i thought Pic 9 looked like someone shítting :o til i realised it was a horse

zombie pics look really cool. thanks richard :)

• Advertisement

Still no officially released trailer?

I'm a sad panda! :(

Advertisement