Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead (AMC) [**Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

watched this online tonight - just wanted to see what others thought of it, to be honest I'd watch Andrew L reading the phone book, but I enjoyed it enough to watch the next ep (btw, it's starting on FX next Friday night at 9pm)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Only few more days to go! Anyone who watched that pre-air is weak and will never survive the the impending apocalypse :pac:

btw thanks everyone for keeping it clean till the episodes airs its much appreciated.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

opr wrote: »
    Only few more days to go! Anyone who watched that pre-air is weak and will never survive the the impending apocalypse :pac:

btw thanks everyone for keeping it clean till the episodes airs its much appreciated.

Opr
    i thought i'd be strong and unfollow the thread, but i still checked it :o thank you all for putting tags on spoilers :)

i've waited this long for it. i hope i can be strong and resist the lure of the preair til monday:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I must admit...i am disapointed there are no zombie strippers in Walking Dead :(

Frank Darabont has admitted that he has not planned for a second season of The Walking Dead.

The showrunner told New York Magazine that he has not formulated any storylines beyond the initial six-part run.

"[I've planned] until the end of episode six," he said. "I haven't thought beyond that and I don't think I've read any of the issues that [comic creator] Robert [Kirkman]'s published this year. I've been too busy."

Darabont added that he is waiting for an official commission before starting work on future episodes.

"If indeed there is a second season, we will reset to square one and revisit the entire body of Kirkman's work. And then I will get together with him and we will map out what the next 13 [episodes] would be."

The Walking Dead begins in the UK on November 5 on FX and in the US on October 31 on AMC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well I've been strong and waitied it out, in the end my patience will be rewarded with only having to wait a week until the next episode. Looking forward to this! :D

• Advertisement

This should be kept at just one season, I think. However I might change my tune when the show starts properly and I get drawn in to it. It just seems lately that shows don't know when they should end i.e. Lost, Inbetweeners.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I must admit...i am disapointed there are no zombie strippers in Walking Dead :(

Frank Darabont has admitted that he has not planned for a second season of The Walking Dead.

The showrunner told New York Magazine that he has not formulated any storylines beyond the initial six-part run.

"[I've planned] until the end of episode six," he said. "I haven't thought beyond that and I don't think I've read any of the issues that [comic creator] Robert [Kirkman]'s published this year. I've been too busy."

Darabont added that he is waiting for an official commission before starting work on future episodes.

"If indeed there is a second season, we will reset to square one and revisit the entire body of Kirkman's work. And then I will get together with him and we will map out what the next 13 [episodes] would be."

The Walking Dead begins in the UK on November 5 on FX and in the US on October 31 on AMC.

I could have sworn I read somewhere it was renewed for a second series even before the first series aired, actually my bad its just rumours,

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s135/the-walking-dead/news/a270399/new-walking-dead-to-film-in-february.html

Anyway I really hope it does get picked up for a second season if the pilot episode is anything to go by!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Nearly there... phew. :D Really, really looking forward to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

opr wrote: »
    Yes, because waiting until everyone has had their pick and moved on is a great way to survive an apocalypse. Your off scavenging duties when the apocalypse arrives.

Well i avoided the preair, i really feel 720p is the only way to do this. Anyways...not too long for the kickoff, Sundays for me are quite good now with Boardwalk Empire; The Walking Dead; Lost Girl; CSI Miami.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/first-hollywood-reporter-review-tim-33846

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/10/29/the-walking-dead/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

This should be kept at just one season, I think.

They have the comic books as a template though and those are already at issue 78 and going strong. I'm not sure what direction the series will take but I can only see season 1 covering about 12-15 issues worth. Some of the most memorable characters (and the best villain so far) are not introduced until 20+ issues in, which I expect to see in a 2nd season of the TV show if renewed (it has already been confirmed the 1st season will not go that far anyway into the comic book timeline).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

question about the zombies
    how long was Grimes in a coma for because it looks like a good bit of time passed with the way buildings are destroyed and the decomposition of the Z's themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Skerries wrote: »
    question about the zombies
    how long was Grimes in a coma for because it looks like a good bit of time passed with the way buildings are destroyed and the decomposition of the Z's themselves?
    The waking up in hospital thing isn't great, it's a great way of ignoring the gaping holes in the storey, it was believable in 28 days because they spread so quick but not really here.

It's really the main problem with all Zombie films, it couldn't spread as quick as they need it too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's really the main problem with all Zombie films, it couldn't spread as quick as they need it too.

Unless of course the greedy pharmaceutical companies convince a worried public that their Phalanx is a great vaccine against "African rabies."

I wonder if the clocks going back changes things?

clocks changed back last night, richard, at 2am -> 1am. no change occurs tonight

My computer just changed tonight, after midnight?

It's October 31st 2027 isin't it?

Coming up on my computer:
    Daylight Saving Time ended at 2am on 31st October 2010. The clock went back 1 hour at that time.

It's now the first of november so DST was yesterday after midnight.
    Anything airing (if you didn't change the time) at 10pm, actually aired at 9pm (for those of us who did change). You would have tuned in an hour before schedule if you forgot to change.

That help, Richard? :)

HERE WE GO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

lol so im not the only one crazy enough to stay up and watch this :P

Big fecker...2.4GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Nice, not in work till tonight, and the RSS feed kicked in overnight, currently 1min 28secs until watchable. Awesome! :D That's my morning planned!

[edit]

That was pure epic! F'cking hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Reasonably strong opener. Enough so that I will be watching again next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Definitely will be watching this again tonight in HD.

Just hit me the other day how Mondays are good days for me:

Boardwalk Empire
    The Walking Dead
    Dexter

Though with the way Dexter is going I might be calling it quits with it.

I think this thread needs a zombie inspired poll...mods?
    Ep. 1 - 1h 6m....right off the bat i wanna say i'm not usually a fan or even watch zombie or horror based tv/movies. On a very basic level:

The Walking Dead = 28 Days later, but it was much better then that UK flick, i want to first praise the sound quality and audio mixing, amazing....those gunshots blew my room apart!

The pacing i thought was pretty bang on, as was the editing, that early scene of the two cops talking in the squad car seemed overly long and didn't make sense at first, but it's important later on as we find out the wife is having an affair the the other cop dude, i don't know character names yet so bear with me.

Lennie James was fantastic, great acting, same goes for the male lead. I liked it alot, the final scene with the hoards of zombies and the tank and the final shot as the camera pulls out....ace!

Very solid opener, i predict record ratings for AMC, i'm calling 3.2 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No point in doing a poll unless we do a thread per episode, and that generally isn't done unless a show has its own forum.

Mr E wrote: »
    No point in doing a poll unless we do a thread per episode, and that generally isn't done unless a show has its own forum.

An overall poll, excellent = zombietastic etc.! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What if the next 5 episodes are worse than the first one (seriously doubt it, but what if....)
    Then the poll would be very misleading.

No poll until it gets its own forum, so start campaigning now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Mr E wrote: »
    What if the next 5 episodes are worse than the first one (seriously doubt it, but what if....)
    Then the poll would be very misleading.

No poll until it gets its own forum, so start campaigning now. :)

All new forums are on hold, I think.

Advertisement