Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Bane does at least look like a formidable enemy and not just because of muscle.

Remember the
    boat scene
    in TDK? Part of the trailer for Rises made me wonder if we're seeing a repeat of that
    the collapsing bridges, etc
    ...I'm hoping not.
    I'd say it's a case of Bane and his goons cutting off one entrance/exit to Gotham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

We've seen very little of the film, so any judgements based on the trailers are more than a little premature.

With that said, I was disappointed with the trailer. I hope we get a more action driven trailer before the film's final release.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Remember the
    boat scene
    in TDK? Part of the trailer for Rises made me wonder if we're seeing a repeat of that
    ...I'm hoping not.

I don't think there's any need to spoiler-tag things from the The Dark Knight; the thread title warns of spoilers (albeit from the 3rd film), and if you haven't seen the second movie, why would you be here? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Remember the
    boat scene
    ...I'm hoping not.

I'm guessing Bane cuts off Gotham and takes over completely, for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

cant wait to see bale and hardy interact on screen i say it will be awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

wonder will the
    bridges being destroyed
    be some sort of extreme version of an occupy movement by Bane and whi I'm guessing are the inmates of Arkham as all the trailers have had guys in orange prison suits with guns, looks like a big part of it is taking Gotham back from the rich, you see people being torn out of their apartments and
    a bunch of guys firing guns in offices and the stock exchange
    . and Hathaway telling Bale that line about how did they ever think they could leave so little for the rest of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

pixelburp wrote: »
    I don't think there's any need to spoiler-tag things from the The Dark Knight; the thread title warns of spoilers (albeit from the 3rd film), and if you haven't seen the second movie, why would you be here? :)

Yeah, but sometimes people complain..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

The new trailer was the best so far...

But my favourite part is when Batman is talking to who I believe to be Catwomen, and he says "I haven't given everything" to saving Gotham...

Cue Bane breaking the Bat

175px-Bane_breaks_Batman.png

Really hope they don't cop out on this one...

Its the last one in the series, so why not go out on a high and shock the audience and let Bane do his thing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, but sometimes people complain..
    Let them! Like I said, on their own head be it; they shouldn't be here if they're avoiding spoilers past & present. Besides, your spoilers weren't exactly earth-shattering anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

pixelburp wrote: »
    Let them! Like I said, on their own head be it; they shouldn't be here if they're avoiding spoilers past & present. Besides, your spoilers weren't exactly earth-shattering anyway :)

Nail on the head! not like anyone seen the movie yet either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I think Batman will sacrifice himself to kill Bane and they both will die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Is Joseph Gordon-Levitt playing Batman in this?

And what happened to all the Hugo Strange speculation?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

FlashD wrote: »
    Is Joseph Gordon-Levitt playing Batman in this?

And what happened to all the Hugo Strange speculation?

I read on a website analysing the trailer that
    in the shot where Batman is replying to Catwoman telling him "You've given them everything," that they reckoned it might actually have been Joseph Gordon-Levitt in the suit as the voice was softer (I think it's because Catwoman knew Batman was Bruce or just because it was a personal moment) and the chin looked different.

I don't buy it myself though.

Definitely Bale, they've just toned down the voice from TDK, it's a nice balance now. His BB voice was better and more softer, but it was quite nasally at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kdevitt

I'm convinced JGL has a bigger role than just John Blake.

Theres a Pazazu like face flash within the trailer - chin does look slightly narrower as someone else mentioned, but I might be seeing something thats not there in the first place :D Mouth looks like Bale anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I hate trailers, I always have. I don't know why I watched this one. But I feel vindicated in hating them as I feel there was way too much shown and told. The narration of the trailler from Selina Kyle was almost spoilerific. Great score though might download it to my ipod later haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Some toy manufacturer said that Levitt's profile
    came with the codename 'Azrael'

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/DarkKnightNews/news/?a=57872

This could be a spoiler IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Trailer looks good, however I feel Bane is suffering Venom from Spiderman-3 syndrome - way too small. Tom Hardy may have bulked up, but he is nothing compared to the colossus depicted in the comic versions of Bane....

RVD420 wrote: »
    Trailer looks good, however I feel Bane is suffering Venom from Spiderman-3 syndrome - way too small. Tom Hardy may have bulked up, but he is nothing compared to the colossus depicted in the comic versions of Bane....

Hardy is a quality actor though, Nolan once pinpointed this quality as being down to Hardy using every part of his body in everything he does on screen. Every movement has a purpose and this will be ideal for playing for Bane. You can see this quality in the teaser and 2 trailers as well. For example, when he's menacingly walking towards a clearly rattled Batman at the end of the teaser. Another example would be how he arrogantly throws away Bruce's broken mask and walks away in the latest trailer.

He may not have the physique of a pro wrestler, but I've no doubt Hardy will be an intimidating force as Bane. Plus, if you've seen Bronson, he's already proven that he can do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

kdevitt wrote: »
    I'm convinced JGL has a bigger role than just John Blake.

Theres a Pazazu like face flash within the trailer - chin does look slightly narrower as someone else mentioned, but I might be seeing something thats not there in the first place :D Mouth looks like Bale anyway

picture.php?albumid=1458&pictureid=12699

Looks like Bale to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

People need to stop reading into JGL's role. He's probably just a cop who helps Batman or whatever. There's no more secrecy surrounding his character than there is anything else in the film. Him becoming the new Batman is a ridiculous idea.

And there's going to be enough ambiguity about Catwoman's loyalties, not to mention Cotillard, so I can't see him turning out to be another villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

People need to stop reading into JGL's role. He's probably just a cop who helps Batman or whatever.QUOTE]

What are you talking about, he's obviously going to be Robin!!

joseph%2Bgordon-levitt%2Brobin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

F*ck. July 20th can't come quick enough now.

Anyone any theories on the propulsion system for the Batwing/batcopter thingy?

Everything Batman has had in the last 2 movies was plausible(at least plausibly within reach of a billionaire vigilante. From the very high tech tumbler(based on a real thing), to the surprisingly low tech escape from Hong Kong by way of the skyhook(1970s technology).

So how does this yoke fly/hover?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's a VTOL - vertical take off and landing aircraft. Like a harrier jet.

It's a VTOL - vertical take off and landing aircraft. Like a harrier jet.

Is there anything like it in real life? I mean, obviously there are harriers and other VTOLs, but I mean is there anything that size and shape?

No, I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

syklops wrote: »
    Is there anything like it in real life? I mean, obviously there are harriers and other VTOLs, but I mean is there anything that size and shape?

no, but if this is set 8 years after TDK that would make it 2016, theres probably some super secret hovercraft type thingy around right now and this is just a more advanced version.

anyway its Batman, some kind of suspension of disbelief is required.

krudler wrote: »
    anyway its Batman, some kind of suspension of disbelief is required.

I thought we had already discussed that. Its Nolans Batman, so not alot of suspension of belief is required. Thats one of the reasons it is so popular, because it is believable. He hasn't had anything yet which wasn't plausible and/or already available in some form. Since TDK, people have built functioning replicas of the tumbler and the batpod. I'm just curious if there is anything like this out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

krudler wrote: »
    no, but if this is set 8 years after TDK that would make it 2016

Does it though? I don't think there's supposed to be a specific real-world timeline associated with Nolan's Batman films, is there? I mean, no historical or current events are ever referenced. Batman Begins may very well take place in 2015 for all we know?

As for the Batwing, there are a few examples of this type of thing; i.e. the F-35 and the likes. I don't know why it's intentionally so ugly; and un-steamlined though. Maybe just to be reminiscent of the Tumbler? Aesthetics rather than story I'd guess.

Advertisement