Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Doesn't really give any more away! Didn't want to watch it either but I relented instantly.

Is it just me or did they do some trickery with Bane's voice to make it clearer? Not sure what he said when Batman asked hime "What are you?" though.

Anyone else get the impression that Batman is going to die in this??

"Gotham's reckoning"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Anyone else get the impression from the trailer that GJL will be taking up the Batman mantel? That scene with the kid suggested it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Doesn't really give any more away! Didn't want to watch it either but I relented instantly.

Is it just me or did they do some trickery with Bane's voice to make it clearer? Not sure what he said when Batman asked hime "What are you?" though.

Anyone else get the impression that Batman is going to die in this??

I think Bruce Wayne will die but Nolan will leave it open for WB if they want Gordon-Levitt to become Batman and continue the series in a different direction

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Unless you go through it frame by frame, I don't think it reveals much at all.

Anyway, good stuff but I prefered the first trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Jasus - Bale looks shattered in the first glimpse of him from the new trailer....I love the bridge scene, well cool

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,162 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it'll be a definitive ending anyway, I don't think it'll be ambiguous ala Inception where it's left up to you to decide what happens.

I certainly hope its not ambiguous, an ending like that would have no place in a Batman film and certainly have no place in the concluding part of a trilogy!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think Bruce Wayne will die but Nolan will leave it open for WB if they want Gordon-Levitt to become Batman and continue the series in a different direction
    It's getting a reboot regardless of the ending. So even if Bruce dies he will be back in the next one as they're wont be part of the same universe, much like Burton's Batman isn't related.

Of course they could continue it without Bruce if they wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

this looks kinda **** :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

al28283 wrote: »

TBF, I think you had your mind made up a long time ago. Each to their own though. ;)

TBF, I think you had your mind made up a long time ago. Each to their own though. ;)

yea, i was a bit on the fence after seeing the prologue but this really hasn't done much to help. it's just all very underwhelming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

yea, i was a bit on the fence after seeing the prologue but this really hasn't done much to help. it's just all very underwhelming

A tough question, I know, but what did you need to see to be sold on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Otacon wrote: »

Shark repellant bat-spray

Otacon wrote: »

hmmm, not sure about that, just not impressed generally,really not liking catwoman, wasn't impresed by Bane, the other chap is in their quite a bit but not doing much either. Woulda liked some more batman, and the last shot of was a bit dodgy

hmmm, not sure about that, just not impressed generally,really not liking catwoman, wasn't impresed by Bane, the other chap is in their quite a bit but not doing much either. Woulda liked some more batman, and the last shot of was a bit dodgy

I thought that Hathaway was one of the highlights of the trailer. Her performance looks to be very good and convincing.

yea, i think it might be just the Batman and friends vibe i'm getting from this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Nice trailer!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Savman wrote: »
    Nice trailer!

Yeah, I love it. Surprisingly short than the previous one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you're basing this on less than 90 seconds of footage?

krudler wrote: »

well, that's what a trailer is for. Isn't everyone basing their opinions on the same amount of footage :confused:

krudler wrote: »

The character is still very much shrouded in mystery, but it does the job for me as he comes across as quite sinister. Especially with the "Your punishment must be more severe" line. Just a very tense and intimidating moment (and it's both down to the delivery of it and Hardy's eyes).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

well, that's what a trailer is for. Isn't everyone basing their opinions on the same amount of footage :confused:

I just dont see how it makes sense to judge an actors performance on out of context short scenes.

Hardy does sound much clearer now compared to the prologue and earlier trailers, cant wait to see how he plays the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Whats this reboot I seen someone mention? Rebooting a reboot? wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,551 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

My jaw has hit the floor after watching the new trailer,it looks amazing.Drool.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Release the film already!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

I was thinking of heading to London to watch this at the BFI IMAX cinema. Trailer has made my mind up now, can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I've just jizzed myself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

CL7 wrote: »
    I was thinking of heading to London to watch this at the BFI IMAX cinema. Trailer has made my mind up now, can't wait.

Is the official release date set? Was thinking of doing the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Fappage. Absolute fappage. (in a non gay way lol)

Cannot wait. Does bane know that wayne is batman then, since he obviously beats the sh*t out of him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

the fight scene in the batcave or whereever looks class. i wonder how they will reference the joker in the film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

The movie itself looks good just this particular trailer left me cold, didnt feel as epic or tense as the first.

Advertisement