Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 alleyjoe

Batman I am eagerly waiting :/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Huh, Click slated it, calling it bloated and with a weak villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

The film shot for 6 months, so I'd imagine Hardy's size fluctuated quite a bit.

Exactly :)

it should be noted too that while Tom Hardy is in the Bane outfit his tattoo doesnt show. They must of covered it with make-up.

and .... well i havent seen the movie but it easy to deduct that the scenes were bane just has the vest on without a shirt were filmed when hardy was 'taking his vitamins' ;) then during his off-cycle vest + shirt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I do think with movies like these, with such massive amounts of hype and expectation, that there are people out there who subconsciously want - or expect - to be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

How have people seen it already.... ye lucky sods... can't wait :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

pixelburp wrote: »
    I do think with movies like these, with such massive amounts of hype and expectation, that there are people out there who subconsciously want - or expect - to be disappointed.

Generally i agree, when a film gets positive reviews by many people, there will always be a few who don't like it to stand out.

Been so busy for the last two weeks setting up the youth theatre and my first night off is tonight. D'ya think with my (ridiculously long) list of contacts that I could get a ticket for the preview tonight?

Could I f*ck.

Boooooooooooooo

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Been so busy for the last two weeks setting up the youth theatre and my first night off is tonight. D'ya think with my (ridiculously long) list of contacts that I could get a ticket for the preview tonight?

Could I f*ck.

Boooooooooooooo

:(

I have it on good authority that 35mm prints have rolled out today. I suggest you camp out a cinema and then threaten to report them unless they let you in to watch the staff showing :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Back from the midnight screening there, excellent film. Top drawer stuff, not sure where the spots of negativity are coming from online. Not as good as The Dark Knight, but still an epic film.

• Advertisement

Back from the midnight screening there, excellent film. Top drawer stuff, not sure where the spots of negativity are coming from online. Not as good as The Dark Knight, but still an epic film.

This is the PRE RELEASE DISCUSSION. I don't even want to read people saying that it's not as good as The Dark Knight. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Anyone know when this is showing in Screen 17 please?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Was talking to the most reliable film critic I know today just after the press screening. He was also of the opinion that it was a tad disappointing. Same general criticisms seen elsewhere - slow build-up, weak villain - but also said the ending was fantastic. One to the add to the 'worse than The Dark Knight, but still pretty good' crew.

Was talking to the most reliable film critic I know today just after the press screening. He was also of the opinion that it was a tad disappointing. Same general criticisms seen elsewhere - slow build-up, weak villain - but also said the ending was fantastic. One to the add to the 'worse than The Dark Knight, but still pretty good' crew.

Are you fcuking kidding me? I don't want to be reading this shit, especially from the mod of the films forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

This is the PRE RELEASE DISCUSSION. I don't even want to read people saying that it's not as good as The Dark Knight. Seriously.
    To be fair now, I dont get how someones opinion on it not being as good as TDK is a spoiler and how it would ruin your experience, considering opinion isn't fact and all that.

In saying that, im insanely pumped. Pints before hand, then to the cinema!

To be fair now, I dont get how someones opinion on it not being as good as TDK is a spoiler and how it would ruin your experience, considering opinion isn't fact and all that.

In saying that, im insanely pumped. Pints before hand, then to the cinema!

Listen, if I wanted to read someone's opinion of the movie, I'd read a review. I expect a pre-release discussion to be just that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Are you fcuking kidding me? I don't want to be reading this shit, especially from the mod of the films forum.
    chill out man ha!

I have high hopes for Bane in this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Then maybe you should stop reading this thread. There's nothing else to talk about at the moment but the reviews which may feature comparisons to the previous films. As long as discussion is kept spoiler-free there's no harm.

Wait til you see me for Superman next year :D

Listen, if I wanted to read someone's opinion of the movie, I'd read a review. I expect a pre-release discussion to be just that.
    There hasn't been a single spoiler or even a hint of one mentioned from the people who have seen the film already. So wheres the problem?

• Advertisement

You could post in the spoilers one? I get his annoyance tbh.

I'm out of here til Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

I watch BB last night, 6 years since I have last seen it. I really did forget what a masterpiece it is.
    Yeah it's a classic.
    Thought it was much better than DKR.

Digitalism wrote: »
    There hasn't been a single spoiler or even a hint of one mentioned from the people who have seen the film already. So wheres the problem?

If someone says something like it was a disappointment...or it's slow to start etc...that's ruining the expectation for me. How do you not get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cjuoi.jpg

If someone says something like it was a disappointment...or it's slow to start etc...that's ruining the expectation for me. How do you not get that?
    Or maybe you could just watch the film and come to your own opinion on what its like, just like 95% of other people do?

Or maybe you could just watch the film and come to your own opinion on what its like, just like 95% of other people do?

And yes, I'll do that, but in a thread that's supposed to be just about pre-release discussion, I don't want to hear things like there's a slow start, there's a weak villain, great end though...maybe that's just a personal opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

And yes, I'll do that, but in a thread that's supposed to be just about pre-release discussion, I don't want to hear things like there's a slow start, there's a weak villain, great end though...maybe that's just a personal opinion.

I don't want to read it either but I won't say it three more times in case others don't want to read it too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm sorry, but not wanting to hear even general opinions about the film is taking this whole spoiler culture to an absurd new extreme.

I've managed to avoid everything but the teaser trailer, but I have absolutely no problem with hearing some general comments before the film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There's no pleasing everyone. On the one hand, people want spoiler-friendly discussion where they don't have to use spoiler tags, so we're creating a thread for that soon, probably tomorrow. On the other hand, people like reading spoiler-free reactions, be they from critics or other users, so we were planning to leave this thread open for that for a while. Now, however, people are complaining about having their "expectations ruined" because a few people said it's not as good as TDK, which is neither here nor there considering the film has received rave reviews from nearly all the top American critics.

Anyone who doesn't want to hear the spoiler-free thoughts of critics etc who has seen the film should stop reading this thread. People have been posting critical reactions to the film for the last several pages. The ship has sailed. We can't suddenly disallow it.

• Advertisement

I don't want to read it either but I won't say it three more times in case others don't want to read it too.

True. Apologies.

Advertisement