Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Turtyturd wrote: »
    But the downside is that you have to sit through a 20 minute ad for their sound system.

I'll forgive them that for the buttered popcorn to be fair. The Dark Knight Rises... to stuff his face with ridiculously calorific buttered popcorn. Oooops. Should have used a spoiler there, I've just given the game away. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Turtyturd wrote: »
    But the downside is that you have to sit through a 20 minute ad for their sound system.

You are joking?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    You are joking?

20 minutes might be a slight exaggeration but they like to hype it up beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

just booked tickets for the 5am screening in the nearest cinema to me... :D:D:D

Over the moon as i thought it would only be the major cinemas doing the early screening and us up here in Donegal would be forgotten about (as usual)

So Im gonna go in my batman pyjamas and bathrobe :D:D:D:D

Is it really not friday yet????

Seems that the writer of the first published negative review is getting death threats. Sad to read that so many people are unable to accept that another opinion may differ from theirs, especially when most of those attacking him have yet to see the film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Seems that the writer of the first published negative review is getting death threats. Sad to read that so many people are unable to accept that another opinion may differ from theirs, especially when most of those attacking him have yet to see the film.

thats pretty messed up, I'm not expecting a perfect film, BB and TDK arent flawless, and TDKR wont be either, its a movie ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

krudler wrote: »
    thats pretty messed up, I'm not expecting a perfect film, BB and TDK arent flawless, and TDKR wont be either, its a movie ffs.

*Throws grenade at krudler's house.* :D I haven't been this hyped to see a film in a long time actually..

There is some seriously disturbed fanboys of this francise who think the movies are not only the greatest movies but the highest form of the artwork ever attained. Lunatics. Just look at the number of threads started by these idiots on IMDB. I'm sure Nolan has had to take out restraining orders against some of these LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    There is some seriously disturbed fanboys of this francise who think the movies are not only the greatest movies but the highest form of the artwork ever attained. Lunatics. Just look at the number of threads started by these idiots on IMDB. I'm sure Nolan has had to take out restraining orders against some of these LOL.

I enjoyed the previous two films but the reality is I saw at least ten other films better than TDK the year it was released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

The sexism in the comments is really cringeworthy too.

2 comments on Christ Lemire's mixed (but still rotten) review:

"it's probably her time of the month, you know how women get.."

"Stay in the kitchen"

Idiots. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Has anyone got the soundtrack? I can't download it as i don't have credit card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Someone pm me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

MJ23 wrote: »
    Has anyone got the soundtrack? I can't download it as i don't have credit card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Someone pm me please.

*cough*
    One doesnt need a credit card to download it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

MJ23 wrote: »

the entire thing is on youtube

follow that link and the whole thing is on the right.

I actually bought it on itunes, I'll pay for stuff I like :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Couldn't give a flute to be honest. Fanboys in empty threats shocker.

Doesn't take away from the fact that the majority of critics have given this film an at the least equal rating to TDK.

Couldn't give a flute to be honest. Fanboys in empty threats shocker.

Doesn't take away from the fact that the majority of critics have given this film an at the least equal rating to TDK.

It is quite sad that someone can't express their opinion without having to worry about their safety. It's highly unlikely that someone would go after him but at the same time why should he have to worry about some deranged nutter tracking him down?

From the few reviews I've looked at thus far they all seem to agree that the film isn't without problems. I tried not to read too much of any review that looked to contain spoilers so I'll have to wait till the weekend to comment properly on it.

I agree, I'm not going to judge the film before seeing it, but I'll take the word of the majority of critics for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

the amount of hype over this film is mental

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Bale's reaction to negative reviews

:pac:

And in relation to the knobs sending death threats, it's really quite pathetic. Do they not have anything better to do? Fanboys really grind my gears :mad:

Not so long ago people were complaining about the lack of hype, so this is a good complaint. ;) The marketing really has kicked into overdrive over the past month and a half.

LOL. Just look at the reviews, mainly positive except for three. And look at the number of responses to those three and the vitriol towards the reviewers. Really pathetic.
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight_rises/reviews/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Watched BB and TDK over the past couple of night, hurry up Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Watched BB and TDK over the past couple of nights, hurry up Friday!

Watched BBegins myself yesterday. Quite enjoyable. I'll watch TDK tomorrow or Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

I'm happy that judging from reviews it isn't a massive drop from the previous two, which is so often the case in trilogies. Anything else (equalling or surpassing) is a bonus for me personally

• Registered Users Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

And rightly so too.
    Films of this quality sadly dont come along too often nowadays.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Best to avoid threads on internet forums about it so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Tickets booked.
    Thurs 11:40am. NZ time.
    Oh yeah!! Centre seats too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

You should have been in London, Summer 1989. Massive hype over Burton's Batman and all without the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Frogo

Anyone know which screen the 21.00 showing in Cineworld on Friday is? Booked my ticket for that showing but can't find out if it's Screen 17 or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Going to BB & TDK tonight in Odeon Point Village!! Can't wait. Why aren't the Odeon PV showing a 6am screening in iSense :mad:

Advertisement