Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

A stereotype because its true?
    Funniest experience ive had was going to see minority report in new York and a preview for some god awful slasher flick came on.....
    Like Irish drink too much?

If you are in the cinema with batman fans one piece of the movie will have people getting very much into the movie as its nearly taken straight out of the comic and I know everyone around me was nearly shouting awesome at the screen and gasping!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Best review of the film so far is from the great Fred Willard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have my popcorn bought (Is 5am too early for popcorn?)

Early night tonight and head to Lighthouse for around 4. Only 10 mins down the road so not too bad. This is like christmas eve :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm going for the late night approach ;) Night out followed by cinema. Going to be a sleepy weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,074 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

a shot in the dark here but anyone know what the earliest showing is tomorrow morning on screen 17 in Cineworld? Anyone enquired about it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Liam O wrote: »
    a shot in the dark here but anyone know what the earliest showing is tomorrow morning on screen 17 in Cineworld? Anyone enquired about it?
    It was mentioned a couple of days ago in this thread - someone rang up, but I can't remember off the top of my head. Let me check back.

Edit: 9:10 according to redmond08 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Was the Man of Steel trailer shown before this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I'm not wearing hockey pants

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

MJ23 wrote: »
    I'm not wearing hockey pants

hockey pads not hockey pants
    Sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm going for the late night approach ;) Night out followed by cinema. Going to be a sleepy weekend!

Awaits post from johnny telling us he fell asleep in the cinema after staying up all night:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,074 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ape X wrote: »
    It was mentioned a couple of days ago in this thread - someone rang up, but I can't remember off the top of my head. Let me check back.

Edit: 9:10 according to redmond08 :)

cheers, was hoping it'd be one of the slightly later ones. Maybe they just said that to get everyone there for the earlier one though :D maybe I'll be falling asleep in the cinema now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

fruvai wrote: »
    hockey pads not hockey pants
    Sorry :o

I always thought it was pants. Just checked it there. Sorry dude

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Not long now. I'll almost be sorry to see this thread go. Just looking at the "who posted" stat and it seems I've posted in here over 200 times, making me the second most prolific contributor to this thread after Handsome Bob.

My god, what have we been waffling about for the last two years? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Hope you all enjoy as much as I did ladies and gents, go in with an open mind to it and you are guaranteed to love it, be prepared for real emotion and a stunner.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Not long now. I'll almost be sorry to see this thread go. Just looking at the "who posted" stat and it seems I've posted in here over 200 times, making me the second most prolific contributor to this thread after Handsome Bob.

My god, what have we been waffling about for the last two years? :pac:
    I'm surprised I posted that much in this thread - comparatively speaking that is :p It's interesting to read through, especially the first few pages of the discussion with all the theories, rumours & hopes for this movie; with the ball started rolling thanks to 'maquiladora' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Going to the marathon tonight - Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises. SO PSYCHED.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

^ So is there midnight showings tonight?
    I thought the earliest was 5am tomorrow? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

5am is the earliest in Ireland. Da Shins Kelly is in California.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

5am is the earliest in Ireland. Da Shins Kelly is in California.

Should of copped on. he has it in his "location" :pac:
    But i'm still going to call him a git for seeing it before me :P

Going to the marathon tonight - Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises. SO PSYCHED.

Git.

lol.

Well, California is 8 hours behind us, so if you go to the 5am screening you'll actually be seeing it first. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

I had my marathon yesterday woke up, watched batman begins with some coco pops, had lunch with the dark knight, then to the cinema was an awesome idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

oooooh i just clicked into the "seen" thread by accident, phew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Why are they worried about midnight shows when this has already shown in Australia? Makes no sense. And why is Australia getting these days and sometimes weeks in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Different distributor I think

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Going to 8.30pm showing in Savoy tomorrow night.
    Can a movie really live up to this hype??
    TDK was a stone cold classic IMO its gonna be some task to equal..
    Please don't suck..:eek:

It's not really clear why. But I suspect the decision to delay European showings was made very late, possibly at the behest of Nolan himself, but it wasn't possible for them to do the same in Australia because Warners aren't distributing it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Skadoosh! wrote: »
    oooooh i just clicked into the "seen" thread by accident, phew

Did that myself too earlier. Luckily all I saw was someone with the good sense to have spoiler tagged whatever they had typed. Just as I was thinking "What numpty put spoilers in here?", I realised I was the numpty in the wrong thread.

Another close call with the radio today. A DJ started saying "Now I'm not gonna reveal anything accept..." *Cue epic dive across kitchen at radio screaming "LALALALALALALALA!!!"*. John Carter would have been proud.

Banning myself from everything tomorrow before a midnight showing - no facebook, twitter, radio, TV, forums, internet. Somehow the universe will find a way...feckin' messenger pigeon or something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭cena

Well the 3d be any good.

It's not in 3D. 3D sucks!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

I posted earlier asking about cinemas showing Dark Knight and Begins .. found VUE were showing the triple bill, excellent.

Just about to start, now at 11.30pm and finishes at 8am!

EDIT: was excellent seeing all three back to back, well done VUE!

Advertisement