Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

cloud493 wrote: »
    Which vue?

The only one in Ireland - in Liffey Valley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Screens 1 AND 2 are now sold out for the Lighthouse that morning. That's over 400 tickets sold already. :D

If anybody going could take a few pics on the morning it'd be much appreciated, because I would've loved to go but can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Why is there no reviews yet?

Its unusual to be 2 days out and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Rabies wrote: »

Its embargoed until Wednesday I believe

kdevitt wrote: »
    Its embargoed until Wednesday I believe

I trust Nolan to deliver a great movie. But actions like that are usually reserved for terrible movies.

• Advertisement

I trust Nolan to deliver a great movie. But actions like that are usually reserved for terrible movies.

Not holding screenings for critics is usually the kiss of death - wouldn't associate having the reviews embargoed in the same way myself.

Regardless, all the feedback from the critics who saw the screenings was glowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm still trying to think of my favoruite scene from the dark knight(the first) Think it was
    If not the bit where Harvey's in the police truck, and the joker attacks, the bit with the boat, and Batman's assault on the building where the joker is with the clowns and hostages.

For me the best scenes were
    The Joker in custody, interrogation, phone bomb, etc.
    The opening scene was probably my second favourite.
    I think they could have done without the ferry scenes tbh.
    Raging I'm not going to get to see DKR in the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

My favourite scene in TDK is when Joker makes the pencil disappear. :pac:

Empire review is live!!!!!!!!

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/review.asp?FID=137000

5 stars :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

kdevitt wrote: »
    Empire review is live!!!!!!!!

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/review.asp?FID=137000

5 stars :D

Well that's quite good! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,778 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm all for great reviews - but an Empire review of 5 stars? Jaysus, colour me shocked! :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Must have given them some free merch lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I watch BB last night, 6 years since I have last seen it. I really did forget what a masterpiece it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

There's a good few out now and are pretty much all glowing. The only one who has been negative towards it is some internet personality called Devin who has a history of not liking the films.

FWIW, this guy prefers SM3 and the Fantastic 4 films to Nolan's films so take that for what you will.

Here's a thread elsewhere just for reviews and it's just for discussion so it's easy to read:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=387883

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

e_e wrote: »
    Screens 1 AND 2 are now sold out for the Lighthouse that morning. That's over 400 tickets sold already. :D

If anybody going could take a few pics on the morning it'd be much appreciated, because I would've loved to go but can't.

Crikey. Anyone here going, what time are you planning on heading there for?

Hoping that going solo might mean I wont have to queue too early to find a decent seat and allow me to slip in to the inevitable spaces that groups leave between them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Verdict:

A smart, stirring spectacle that faces down impossible expectations to pull off a hugely satisfying end to business. Boy, you’re in for a show tonight…

The Total Film 5 star verdict.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Verdict:

A smart, stirring spectacle that faces down impossible expectations to pull off a hugely satisfying end to business. Boy, you’re in for a show tonight…

The Total Film 5 star verdict.

Although they did say it's not quite as good as the dark knight, but the story " coheres better" than the dark knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

5 stars from Empire too, gahhhhh its going to be a loooooong week trying to avoid spoilers for this, I'm logging out of twitter for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

krudler wrote: »
    5 stars from Empire too, gahhhhh its going to be a loooooong week trying to avoid spoilers for this, I'm logging out of twitter for a week.

You may need to log out of life for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

IGN gave it 5 stars. Not gonna link it as some ass supposedly revealed the ending in the comment section. yes I did read it and I do feel sorry for having done so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I read the IGN review, but avoided the comments. Gosh darn I'm excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

cursai wrote: »
    IGN gave it 5 stars. Not gonna link it as some ass supposedly revealed the ending in the comment section. yes I did read it and I do feel sorry for having done so.

Confirmation it is no longer safe outside of here...

Haven't read IGN or Empire's review.
    Empire has been a rag for years, the golden days are well over.

I'll either get to it on Wednesday midnight or Thursday morning/afternoon session. Sorting out times with mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

tok9 wrote: »
    Confirmation it is no longer safe outside of here...

I'm not sure it will be safe here either come the previews, have to wait until 8pm Friday for my showing!

Watched Burtons 1989 "Batman" at the weekend. It really should be called "Joker". I didnt realise Harvey Dent was in it, pity they didnt do anything with that character in the 2 movies and then just threw Tommy Lee Jones in transformed in Batman Forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

6am viewing Friday morning for me, can't come soon enough. And what's worse is that I'm off work for the week so won't have any distractions :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Remember - IGN and Empire are about as reliable as a press release. But I'd imagine the grown-ups will be following suit relatively soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I'm curious, how long has Bruce Wayne been Batman in Nolan's universe.. Presumably there is only a few months or so between BB and TDK. It seems a bit silly that this so called Legend has only been actively on the scene in Gotham for a few months. Surely they should have made it so his bat tenure spans at least several years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm curious, how long has Bruce Wayne been Batman in Nolan's universe.. Presumably there is only a few months or so between BB and TDK. It seems a bit silly that this so called Legend has only been actively on the scene in Gotham for a few months. Surely they should have made it so his bat tenure spans at least several years.

There's 8 years between TDK and TDKR. It is true that he was only active in reality for a few months, but I imagine in the following 8 years he's been built up to be either the boogyman or a cult hero among others, so either way, his legend has been built up in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,778 ✭✭✭✭Basq

And there's only 9 months between BB and TDK!

I remember one of the Mike Engel GCN news casts covered that by saying it's been 9 months since Bruce Wayne's mansion burned down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Basq wrote: »
    And there's only 9 months between BB and TDK!

I remember one of the Mike Engel GCN news casts covered that by saying it's been 9 months since Bruce Wayne's mansion burned down.

Where did you see that?

Advertisement