Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Announce HTC Desire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

deadlytea wrote: »
    I actually meant is the iphone from 3 locked? :)

no, it's not locked at the moment- they come from 3 Italy, where all phones are unlocked by law.

Once 3 officially launch it, you can expect it to be locked then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

lads i was offered the HTC desire on meteor for 19e (bill pay 85e a month) im with 3 at present with my contract due to expire august, would i be mad to leave 3 and go to meteor if i wanted to get the HTC?

I am thinking of playing meteor off 3 regarding the price plans& mobiles available what do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Meteor actually have decent customer care and few problems.

If your willing to pay 85 a month - go ahead as the difference in bill pay plans isnt much at that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tadayuki

Hi guys,

any news about that smartphone?

I'll move to Dublin in the next couple of weeks and I would love to have a Desire, but because it is in "coming soon" status since ages I guess I'll go for a Samsung Galaxy S.

What do you suggest me?

Thanks

tadayuki wrote: »
    Hi guys,

any news about that smartphone?

I'll move to Dublin in the next couple of weeks and I would love to have a Desire, but because it is in "coming soon" status since ages I guess I'll go for a Samsung Galaxy S.

What do you suggest me?

Thanks

according to their customer care launch date is 24th sept but they dont have any prices yet.

• Advertisement

so maybe it's worth to wait a couple of week.
    I suppose the prices won't be much different than the Galaxy S, isn't it?

I am reading posts on several forums to understand which one of the thw is better, but I have not yet a clear answer.
    For sure Desire looks nicer :)

What do you think?

Read through these threads this phone has been coming soon for months and months now.

Read through these threads this phone has been coming soon for months and months now.

Yes, I know and that is why I wil most probably take a Galaxy S.
    However, I am still not convinced that it is better than the Desire.

Moreover, yesterday 3 has removed the "Free Skype and "Free Windows Live Messenger" graphics from the Galaxy S advert on the its website, but kept "The Galaxy S also comes with GPS, and you can turn it into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot for your laptop or any other Wi-Fi enabled device. Plus you get free Skype™-to-Skype calls and free Windows Live™ Messenger on the Samsung Galaxy S, only on Three." on the overview section.

Quite strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

tadayuki wrote: »
    Yes, I know and that is why I wil most probably take a Galaxy S.
    However, I am still not convinced that it is better than the Desire.

Moreover, yesterday 3 has removed the "Free Skype and "Free Windows Live Messenger" graphics from the Galaxy S advert on the its website, but kept "The Galaxy S also comes with GPS, and you can turn it into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot for your laptop or any other Wi-Fi enabled device. Plus you get free Skype™-to-Skype calls and free Windows Live™ Messenger on the Samsung Galaxy S, only on Three." on the overview section.

Quite strange.

I haven't been able to download messenger so i'm not sure it works yet, skype sure does, you also get free sky sports 1,2 &3 + Sky news free for 12mts with the galaxy, the galaxy has a bigger better screen and is a lot lighter, I prefer the galaxy, the desire feels very brick like compared to it. One or 2 reviews have called the design flimsy but I really think it's great to have a phone that powerful with such a large screen and still feel so light is a trade off i'm prepared to make, and judging by this video flimsy is the wrong word. I'd like to see the iphone 4 after these tests:)

I would get used to the ''quite strange feeling'' if i were you, if you plan to stay with three.

• Advertisement

I would get used to the ''quite strange feeling'' if i were you, if you plan to stay with three.

With them 4 years, pretty happy with where they are now. Wouldn't change even if there was a cheaper network. Went back to o2 in a strop about 2 years ago for a week, sticking with 3 there way ahead of the rest of them network wise and price wise.

price wise especially for data they are amazing - stay in 3 coverage amazing, but if you leave and have to use vodas network under the guise of three it all goes wrong.

so when there is no 3g coverage you use vodas network and the switch back is where the trouble starts.

price wise especially for data they are amazing - stay in 3 coverage amazing, but if you leave and have to use vodas network under the guise of three it all goes wrong.

so when there is no 3g coverage you use vodas network and the switch back is where the trouble starts.

That's the phone and your customer profile, both can be fixed, I know I've went through it.

you may know it.

Three customer care (15 differnt reps easy) about ten different tech support reps and the manager did not know it.

how could it have been fixed? (just pure curiosity and this stage)

First of all you needed an official 3 phone without they could do no more for you. They can also tweak your profile to allow it to stay on 2G or 3G longer but it's not common, it's more for business customers that are on the road all day.

http://ogreswamp.info/?p=37

official three phone has same problems.

People need coverage - I dont care who it is provided by. The above is not really a decent fix now is it?

further problems - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056003333

last post as this is pointless

same ''non three phone and non meteor phone and non irish phone'' works fine on meteor except getting robbed on data charges but it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

further problems - http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056003333

last post as this is pointless

Not very accurate to point out a thread which started before 3 changed their positron to allow 2g data

not very fair to ignore the rest of my points :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

I was in the Three shop in Cavan last week as I am thinking of switching to them from Meteor (I moved house and the reception on Meteor is woeful). Anyway I asked the guy in the shop about the HTC Desire as I would like to get one and he said they are expecting them in on Sept 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

You mean desire hd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

iwo wrote: »
    You mean desire hd?

Three have yet to release the standard desire, god knows when they'd get round to the yet unannounced HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Announced now...coming next month , my desire is for sale ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 profsasquatch

I reported them to the Advertising Standards Authority last week, saying that something is 'Coming Soon' for 6 month is completely taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I reported them to the Advertising Standards Authority last week, saying that something is 'Coming Soon' for 6 month is completely taking the piss.

Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Well the Three store in Cavan still dont have the bloody HTC Desire. I dont think they know when it will be coming to their stores at all. Its rediculous at this stage. I went into the Carphone Warehouse and they have none either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Here at last: http://www.three.ie/shop/htc-desire-graphite-classic-max.htm

I bought the superior Galaxy S in the end.

Pity they f'ed it up for everybody else!

a f**k that anyway i only got the iphone4 last week and i could have got the desire for nothing on my plan,quick question why does the likes of the htc not have large internal memory compared to nokia/iphone?.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Just as I started to look elsewhere. I've ordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It just arrived. Melike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Three appear to have the HTC desire in stock finally!

Advertisement