Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N8 Megathread

Options
1636465666769»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Czarcasm wrote: »
    You could go further than that testa and put the custom firmware on it that I referred to in my earlier post. That's build on Belle Refresh, or as one of the other lads suggested, there's the Xeon custom firmware available. I just prefer Delight as it's cleaner. There are numerous other firmwares available too besides just those two main ones.
    Thanks for the suggestion Czarcasm - would I lose functionality of apps that are already installed? Also, is it still detected as Belle Refresh OS for purposes of loading new apps etc from Nokia Store? (I know, WHAT new apps? :rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Thanks for the suggestion Czarcasm - would I lose functionality of apps that are already installed? Also, is it still detected as Belle Refresh OS for purposes of loading new apps etc from Nokia Store? (I know, WHAT new apps? :rolleyes:)

Nope, you'd still maintain all the functionality (though another poster did mention earlier that they lost a dropbox client app compatibility with the Belle Refresh update, I haven't had a chance to test it, but SkyDrive works for me), and there are no issues with the app store, maps, Office 365 mobile, Exchange, etc.

When you first flash the new firmware though, you will have to re-download your apps again, but the benefits (for me at least), by far outweigh the two hours spent downloading apps and maps and copying contacts back to the phone using Nokia Suite (I keep my phone contacts separate from those in my Exchange address book).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

The skydrive app has been the best app I have on the phone. So many photos uploaded

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

Anyone having trouble using the onedrive app. I can't login to upload photos

Advertisement