Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Network Review

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Was talking to a bus driver last night in Dunbyone who told me that although he covers the 70 route because its not his primary route they won't be told for definite what changes to timetables / routes will happen until Monday themselves. He knew what was happening etc with the 39 route as that was his normal one. Either way it is all kicking off on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Was talking to a bus driver last night in Dunbyone who told me that although he covers the 70 route because its not his primary route they won't be told for definite what changes to timetables / routes will happen until Monday themselves. He knew what was happening etc with the 39 route as that was his normal one. Either way it is all kicking off on Monday.

I'm glad I just take the train now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I'm glad I just take the train now.

Indeed ChrisD and your point should perhaps be weighing somewhat more heavily on Dublin Bus management.

Anecdotally there are suggestions that Bray-Greystones Rail ticket sales are up some 30% since the NEW ! IMPROVED! Dublin Bus North Wicklow services were rolled out....:rolleyes:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Anecdotally there are suggestions that Bray-Greystones Rail ticket sales are up some 30% since the NEW ! IMPROVED! Dublin Bus North Wicklow services were rolled out....:rolleyes:

must be the revised 84 connection to the station at better times for people so
    :D

Must be the revised 84 connection to the station at better times for people so

Mea culpa.....I had completely overlooked that :).....revise,revise,revise...the secret to good grades !! :)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Apparently it has been pushed back again by a week or two due to training and the bank holiday weekend

Posters of the coming changes same as the stillorgan ones were available for at to see at bus shelters along the 39 route yesterday morning in the am peak rush hour. They were stating this coming Monday. By yesterday afternoon the posters were gone again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Ha anyone got any info on the 5 New Dublin Bus Terminus Stops on the Burlington Road area Dublin 3 ....all Parking has been removed on one side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

DominoDub wrote: »
    Ha anyone got any info on the 5 New Dublin Bus Terminus Stops on the Burlington Road area Dublin 3 ....all Parking has been removed on one side of the road.

This will be the new terminus for routes 37, 38, 38a, 39 and 70.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

http://www.dublinbus.ie/PageFiles/6554/ND-%20Ballyfermot.pdf

Planned Ballyfermot changes up now. Including the new 27b. Ballyfermot - Thursday 21st October - The Civic Centre – 12.00 - 18.00 for the consultation.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

The stop for the 151 and the 10 on College Street is one of the ones with two displays. Both now have Network Direct posters with the new routemap I haven't checked if one is N11 and the other is Blanchardstown, but only the Blanch one, if any, should be necessary as no other N11 routes besides the 39A will be stopping here. There are now no timetables for the for the 10 at this stop. I seen a very confused looking woman reading the posters and then kind of wandering off aimlessly :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Heart

The stop for the 151 and the 10 on College Street is one of the ones with two displays. Both now have Network Direct posters with the new routemap I haven't checked if one is N11 and the other is Blanchardstown, but only the Blanch one, if any, should be necessary as no other N11 routes besides the 39A will be stopping here. There are now no timetables for the for the 10 at this stop. I seen a very confused looking woman reading the posters and then kind of wandering off aimlessly

There has never been any timetables on that stop... Since it replaced the older pole style stop, both holders have been blank (no 10 or 151 info.), now both have Network Direct posters... Is N11 Network Direct info. better than no info. at all??? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

KD345 wrote: »
    This will be the new terminus for routes 37, 38, 38a, 39 and 70.

Thanks I just found the new route map .

http://www.dublinbus.ie/PageFiles/5994/New%20Blanchardstown%20Corridor%2027.09.2010.pdf

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

DominoDub wrote: »

Is it me or is that about as easy to follow as [insert something very difficult here like...origami or walking with shoelaces tied together]?

Any easier for people familiar with the area maybe?

Is it me or is that about as easy to follow as [insert something very difficult here like...origami or walking with shoelaces tied together]?

Ah C`mon -dfx..it`s not called a Spider-Map for nothing !!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

will the 220 be as ponderous a route in real life too:confused::eek::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Stevek101 wrote: »

Planned Ballyfermot changes up now. Including the new 27b. Ballyfermot - Thursday 21st October - The Civic Centre – 12.00 - 18.00 for the consultation.

i like that :)

no more pissing about 76/a/b ... just the one simpler 76 and it goes from tallaght through clondalkin to liffey valley to blanch

im happy with that very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

will the 220 be as ponderous a route in real life too:confused::eek::p

It already is like that. :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Ah C`mon -dfx..it`s not called a Spider-Map for nothing !!! :)

That anyone confronted by it is tangled in a web and can't actually go anywhere?

What was wrong with the old way of marking out landmarks and roads on a sheet of paper and the surrounding area? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭stop

Stevek101 wrote: »

18 extended to docklands station :eek:
    via East Link I assume?

Interesting to see if the follow up a rebranding of the 78a with an enforcement of various bye-laws on the upper deck :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Bazzer2

stop wrote: »
    Interesting to see if the follow up a rebranding of the 78a with an enforcement of various bye-laws on the upper deck :rolleyes:

I wouldn't think so - the 40 is just as notorious as the 78a for that crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

Bazzer2 wrote: »
    the 40 is just as notorious as the 78a for that crap.

You would think so, but I usually take it twice a week and have never had any problems. I'll be especially delighted I no longer have to wait and that awful stop on Parnell Street :S Also, the 40s use the newer, nice and clean buses. Am I right in thinking the 78 uses the really old ones that Dublin Bus tend to stick on the "notorious" routes? :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Bazzer2

Touché! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭stop

Telchak wrote: »
    You would think so, but I usually take it twice a week and have never had any problems. I'll be especially delighted I no longer have to wait and that awful stop on Parnell Street :S

Likewise no more 78a at at the fun stop of Aston Quay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

robbie_998 wrote: »
    i like that :)

no more pissing about 76/a/b ... just the one simpler 76 and it goes from tallaght through clondalkin to liffey valley to blanch

im happy with that very much :)

And it also means for the first time blanch people can travel directly to Liffey valley or the square on a Sunday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

thomasj wrote: »
    And it also means for the first time blanch people can travel directly to Liffey valley or the square on a Sunday :)

Could we not do that with the 239 anyway? Well to Liffey Valley?

Nevermind, I never realised the 239 did not run on a Sunday, could have sworn I got it years ago back from babysitting for a friend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

thomasj wrote: »

yeah its actually so helpful cos i work with people in liffey valley who live in blanch and its always a pain for them to get to work !

rock on DB !

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

Could we not do that with the 239 anyway? Well to Liffey Valley?

Nevermind, I never realised the 239 did not run on a Sunday, could have sworn I got it years ago back from babysitting for a friend...

It's okay, you were probably just drunk.

We got a leaflet in the Knocklyon area saying they're considering taking away the 74 in the next phase and replacing it by extending the 15 route to Woodstown with a higher frequency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

BULLER wrote: »
    It's okay, you were probably just drunk.

We got a leaflet in the Knocklyon area saying they're considering taking away the 74 in the next phase and replacing it by extending the 15 route to Woodstown with a higher frequency.

Probably, I love getting drunk when I'm looking after kids :rolleyes:

I'm glad the 76 is going to bypass Ballyfermot now, the route was way too long.

Can't wait to see what they're going to do with the Finglas routes. It's already starting to take shape with the 17a extended to Blanchardstown and the 40 extended to Liffey Valley. Wonder what they'll do with the 40D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Probably, I love getting drunk when I'm looking after kids :rolleyes:

I'm glad the 76 is going to bypass Ballyfermot now, the route was way too long.

Can't wait to see what they're going to do with the Finglas routes. It's already starting to take shape with the 17a extended to Blanchardstown and the 40 extended to Liffey Valley. Wonder what they'll do with the 40D?

As far as I know, the 40D won't go through Finglas South any more so should make it a lot faster :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

stop wrote: »
    18 extended to docklands station :eek:
    via East Link I assume?

I'd have guessed it will be via Irishtown, Ringsend and Pearse Street and across Beckett Bridge but there will be mass delays on the East Link at rush hour, bridge raises and concerts in the O2 otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement