Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs at aviva stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

I had my team leader sign the job card but she gave it back to me. Was I supposed to give it to some of the higher up compass staff?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Yea, you were meant to hand it back in to the girls at uniform. You should be alright if your team leader signed you out properly on the staff sheet though.

Pay will come in on Thurs and payslips Sun/Mon before that so you'll know by then if there was a problem.

So I got an email asking who is available to work for the two rugby matches in August. On it they ask for you Area of work. Is this just what kiosk or is it the section in the stadium(Like 'E' section of the stadium)

mossy95 wrote: »
    So I got an email asking who is available to work for the two rugby matches in August. On it they ask for you Area of work. Is this just what kiosk or is it the section in the stadium(Like 'E' section of the stadium)

I've always said what kiosk. You could say something along the lines of "5th floor bar" or "4th floor box" either. It's just to try put you in the same kind of place next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MarieCureMe

Hi! I've got my training day tomorrow and I was just wondering if we are allowed to bring handbags etc on the day... Im not sure as they said no handbags were allowed to be brought to work! Thank you in advance 😊

• Advertisement

Yea you should be fine for training. You shouldn't need uniform of anything either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 xblinkx

Yea you should be fine for training. You shouldn't need uniform of anything either.

I'm so upset.
    I got hired in 23rd July and haven't heard anything from them since. I emailed, rang and tried to contact them from different numbers and nothing!

I was meant to be working on 15thnand 29th and didn't get an induction braids the one day I got hired from! Any news?

Have they gave people jobs for the upcoming game yet? They gave me the email asking if i was available and I sent it my details back to them. Haven't got any confirmation back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Macldublin

I signed the contract but they haven't sent me the welcome pack.. what is the email address or telephone number so I can tell them???
    pls and thank u

I got an email about doing training tonight. Does anyone know if you get paid for training? Need to know to make decision of going to this than college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 SparkInitiate

Hi all,

Sorry for dragging up an old thread. I did my induction there on Monday gone for working with Compass and they talked about the getting to know Compass thing to do before getting put on the payroll I got that today and have done it. I just wanted to ask who is the line manager I have to email to say that I've done it since I haven't technically started working yet. I don't want to register for the portal until I get confirmation that I'm on the payroll first.

Emailing recruitment should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SparkInitiate

Okay that's grand I emailed the right one then. Do you know how long it takes for them to put you on the payroll?

I have no idea I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kburled

Hi,
    Does anyone know how long the induction takes I have mine on Thursday at 6 but need to be back in town by 11

Kburled wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know how long the induction takes I have mine on Thursday at 6 but need to be back in town by 11

It should be long over by 11. I'd estimate that it'll be over by 9 at the very latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭blithe

Hi all, have a few questions. I was at the induction last week and the woman said something about emailing her to confirm availability I think....I just finished the getting to know Compass thing, so should I email now and let them know that I've finished that and that I'm available for the next few matches?

And did anyone catch when the training days are on?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks! :)

blithe wrote: »
    Hi all, have a few questions. I was at the induction last week and the woman said something about emailing her to confirm availability I think....I just finished the getting to know Compass thing, so should I email now and let them know that I've finished that and that I'm available for the next few matches?

And did anyone catch when the training days are on?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks! :)

Yes, do email, though they may be sending one out in the next few days anyway.

Training days are Mon 7th and Tues 8th.

Yes, do email, though they may be sending one out in the next few days anyway.

Training days are Mon 7th and Tues 8th.

Thank you so much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Is there any TLs that live in north Dublin that have difficultly getting home after the later matches? I'm expecting to become TL soon and I live near the airport and was thinking how would I get home if that last bus from town is 11:30... also, the last train is from the dart station is around 11:55..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I have 4+ years of hospitality experience, I presume I should go for Bar staff if possible.

Is it a good side earner? I work 9 to 5 Mon to Fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Hello all, I was at an induction last week for Stewards. I got an email a couple of days ago asking if I am available for Ireland vs France. The email said what time to meet 3 hrs before kick off but didn't say where exactly. I already confirmed that I am available even though we have until tomorrow evening to confirm.
    Do I now email this Paul Smith fella who pays us with my supervisors name? or do I wait for a 2nd email from my supervisor with more details? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    Hello all, I was at an induction last week for Stewards. I got an email a couple of days ago asking if I am available for Ireland vs France. The email said what time to meet 3 hrs before kick off but didn't say where exactly. I already confirmed that I am available even though we have until tomorrow evening to confirm.
    Do I now email this Paul Smith fella who pays us with my supervisors name? or do I wait for a 2nd email from my supervisor with more details? Thanks

If you have not heard back from the supervisor yet, its stiles K/L. 3 hrs before kick off is the usual but you would really need to be there for 13:15 to get ID sorted etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

prinzeugen wrote:
    If you have not heard back from the supervisor yet, its stiles K/L. 3 hrs before kick off is the usual but you would really need to be there for 13:15 to get ID sorted etc.

Thanks for the information, I received the are you available 3 hrs before kickoff? email a week ago now. I replied I was available but I've heard nothing since. It would be nice to get another email confirmation so I know for definite. I was thinking of getting there at least half an hour early anyway because I don't know where I'm going. Really hope I am working Saturday, I'm a poor student who could use the moneyðŸ˜႒

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    Thanks for the information, I received the are you available 3 hrs before kickoff? email a week ago now. I replied I was available but I've heard nothing since. It would be nice to get another email confirmation so I know for definite. I was thinking of getting there at least half an hour early anyway because I don't know where I'm going. Really hope I am working Saturday, I'm a poor student who could use the moneyðŸ˜႒

Check with your supervisor as it sounds like you are on standby. You are not going to get to work every event. Most teams will have 8-15 stewards but only some will be needed for each event. The extra is to cover holidays, people at other jobs/college etc.

Supervisors may be reluctant to get new folk in for the first time at rugby games as they are a nightmare (from my experience) to train new stewards at.

Hi all,

Worked the Ireland v France game recently and got my epayslip there a day or two ago, but the total pay listed on it is only 2.50euro!
    Obviously it's an error, but does anyone know who I should contact to get it fixed and hopefully get my full pay?😂 I emailed recruitment about it, but no reply yet, should I have emailed someone else?

CheersðŸ˜႒

blithe wrote: »
    Hi all,

Worked the Ireland v France game recently and got my epayslip there a day or two ago, but the total pay listed on it is only 2.50euro!
    Obviously it's an error, but does anyone know who I should contact to get it fixed and hopefully get my full pay?😂 I emailed recruitment about it, but no reply yet, should I have emailed someone else?

CheersðŸ˜႒

Did you work for Compass or Stewards? If Compass you emailed the right people but it's the weekend so no one is in the office! They should get back to you during the week. Have you checked that it isn't just emergency tax?

Edit: I know it might sound like a stupid Q but they will ask you as that often turns out to be the issue when a payslip is short

Did you work for Compass or Stewards? If Compass you emailed the right people but it's the weekend so no one is in the office! They should get back to you during the week. Have you checked that it isn't just emergency tax?

Edit: I know it might sound like a stupid Q but they will ask you as that often turns out to be the issue when a payslip is short

Compass! Ah okay grand, I'll wait and see what they say then :)
    I'm pretty sure it's not the emergency tax? (Hope not!) I sent them a screenshot of my slip anyway so they'll hopefully be able to tell me CD

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

How would one go about getting a job here ?

• Advertisement

siobhan08 wrote: »
    How would one go about getting a job here ?

Compass advertise jobs for bar/catering staff on a regular basis.

You would need to know someone that works there to get a stewards job however as they don't advertise jobs anymore.

Advertisement