Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs at aviva stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭touchwood

Sorry for digging up an old thread, went for an interview here today, got invited back to an induction on Friday, does that mean I'm hired? Also she said she was recommending me for a team leader job on one of the bars, does anyone know the rate of pay for these jobs? Also what sort of hours would ya be looking at? Thanks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

touchwood wrote: »
    Sorry for digging up an old thread, went for an interview here today, got invited back to an induction on Friday, does that mean I'm hired? Also she said she was recommending me for a team leader job on one of the bars, does anyone know the rate of pay for these jobs? Also what sort of hours would ya be looking at? Thanks.

Is this with Compass? Then yes, you're hired.

TL is €12p/h and is about 7 - 9 hours per matchday.

Hi, yep it's with compass, thanks for the info. Any info on the job itself?

Hi, yep it's with compass, thanks for the info. Any info on the job itself?

TL is basically managing the bar. You'll have Cashiers and Pourers and you'll be in charge of them. You're meant to in charge of cash, timing, customer service etc. You're in for longer hours for briefings and set up at the beginning of the day and then for cashing up and paperwork at the end. You're the one who the management and floor supervisors talk to and you have to keep an eye on stock and kegs and deal with any issues around them.

I'm on a kiosk myself but have done bars. Personally I don't find it too bad. A bit stressful but so is everything on a match day. You'll probably be an assistant for the first while anyway.

Thanks very much for the helpful info. Have worked in some pretty busy bars so I'm sure I'd be ok with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Not worth the stress of it being a Team Leader imo, a lot of the staff are bad, I should know I am one. Its so transient that there isn't much reason to care that much. You might never see your team leader again, and even if you do he/she has prob forgotten you. You'll have to deal with **** from the suits as well. I've seen some leaders get very stressed.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Not worth the stress of it being a Team Leader imo, a lot of the staff are bad, I should know I am one. Its so transient that there isn't much reason to care that much. You might never see your team leader again, and even if you do he/she has prob forgotten you. You'll have to deal with **** from the suits as well. I've seen some leaders get very stressed.

I'd beg to differ. I'm a TL over two years now and I love it. I'm nearly always in the same place and would know my team well. I'll remember people as much as I can too.

You're the go to person between the area and management, of course you'll get **** sometimes, but they're also really sound and helpful. They won't leave you in the lurch deliberately. It's also not add stressful as you seem to think. Yea, Busy match days are always going to be stressful but that is the danger for everyone, from cleaners to top rung. I have seen food preps and cashiers get just as stressed as I have been.

I wouldn't advise against it for that. In some ways it can be a better job than general staff. I enjoy it more than when I was a cashier.

Thanks for all the helpful insight lads, keep it coming. I'll go in on Friday for the induction and take it from there. Is it usual for people to go straight to TL or do they usually start off behind the bar so to speak?

Thanks for all the helpful insight lads, keep it coming. I'll go in on Friday for the induction and take it from there. Is it usual for people to go straight to TL or do they usually start off behind the bar so to speak?

They usually start off as general staff although I have noticed an increase of people going straight in. It can be easier to start as general though imo because you get to see how the place runs before being thrown into it yourself. They do normally make people assistant TLs now so you get a match or two of training. No such thing in my day! :-D

Cool, well I have 15 years exp working in bars, including management so I think that's why she said she was putting me forward for TL at the interview.

• Advertisement

Cool, well I have 15 years exp working in bars, including management so I think that's why she said she was putting me forward for TL at the interview.

You're well suited for TL so! I could nearly see you going straight to floor supervisor! Most TLs' experience going in consisted of a year or less of being general staff!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Bump.. i've been asked for an interview for Friday, just wondering what attire is to be expected andwhat are the questions like.

Also, I've been given a time that doesn't really suit, I have a lecture at the time given, they said to e-mail them if it doesn't suit and they'll try to slot me in next week? Will they be accomadating in this regard.. I really want this interview and am scared if I ask them to rearrange it, they'll just drop me completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MusicalMarie

EdenHazard wrote: »

Actually, EdenHazard, I have been at TL in the stadium for almost 3 years and have been there since the stadium open and I have hardly moved kiosks or bar and always remember my staff.

Has anyone that was at the induction abut a week ago or so received the online orientation yet? Still waiting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

Did any stewards working at the Scotland game notice a backpack left in the Stewards room after the game? I left it beside all of the clothes rails. I was down in the underpass after the game and in my rush to get home afterwards I forgot to bring it with me. My supervisor says there was nothing handed in so I'm hoping someone saw it or took it home with them by accident. It is a black backpack and there was nothing in it with the exception of some medication.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mpc

Could anyone send me the PAYE number for Compass? I need to fill that 12a form out...
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I have an interview Friday for casual cleaners, does anyone have any idea what they might ask, i am not experienced so any tips would be great..

So got the email about induction today, and on it is 2 written references that i need for tomorrow, i doubt i can get them for tomorrow, how strict are they if i don't have them?

lisar816 wrote: »
    So got the email about induction today, and on it is 2 written references that i need for tomorrow, i doubt i can get them for tomorrow, how strict are they if i don't have them?

Should be grand. Just let them know and say that you'll get them asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Terryk

Anybody get a call back to do an induction in the last week?? I applied for bar work and got a mail saying the induction is to join the retail team. Any ideas why or does bar work fall under retail.

• Advertisement

Did people get their P60s for last year yet?

Did people get their P60s for last year yet?

From Compass? I got mine a while ago

yep, me too from compass.

Thanks guys, yeah Compass.

I still haven't gotten mine, I was on to them two weeks ago about it and they said they were in the process of sending them all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Just finished induction after the interview process yesterday and they said at the induction if you are you will be working Wednesday at the acdc concert. They said you had to finish some test before you could work for compass that they would email out to you. Still haven't got the email does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to send it out?

Just finished induction after the interview process yesterday and they said at the induction if you are you will be working Wednesday at the acdc concert. They said you had to finish some test before you could work for compass that they would email out to you. Still haven't got the email does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to send it out?

mossy95 wrote: »

you might get it today,if not then monday,its just a health and safety program you need to look at and answer question, you don't need to get it all right, you will still have work.

My brother is still waiting on the email a month later so I wouldn't hold my breath just yet.

So at the AC/DC concert i was working for compass. Does anyone know if your supposed to hand in the job cards after your finished on the day?

• Advertisement

yes they need to be signed off before you get paid, should be done on the night i think?

Advertisement