Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infant and toddler bargains

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

http://www.bellababy.ie/baby-snug-with-tray-raspberry-p-3315.html

M&p baby snug seat (raspberry colour only) half price. Teal one is €39. Other colours are full price.

I'm going mad buying stuff lately! Would you recommend one of these? I might get one. The other one is the bumbo isn't it? The snug looks nicer than the bumbo and lovely with the play tray added.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I'm going mad buying stuff lately! Would you recommend one of these? I might get one. The other one is the bumbo isn't it? The snug looks nicer than the bumbo and lovely with the play tray added.

I ordered two today - will let you know the verdict when they arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I have a bumbo with a tray and it was never used. Little fella just hated it and just to arch his back and cry to get out. He was also a biggish boy and I never felt 100% comfortable that he wouldn't tip it over. Definitely wouldn't be something I'd recommend but in sure other people would differ in their opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Also had a bumbo that my baby hated, used to try to arch out of it all the time. So brought it back for refund after a couple of days. Was afraid she'd get herself out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I have a summer seat (similar design to the bumbo) and my lad loves it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I have this. It is amazing and my boy is huge http://www.toys.ie/FisherPrice-Rainforest-SitMeUp-Floor-Seat-!134138-prd.aspx it is not possible to tip over

Millem wrote: »
    I have this. It is amazing and my boy is huge http://www.toys.ie/FisherPrice-Rainforest-SitMeUp-Floor-Seat-!134138-prd.aspx it is not possible to tip over

I was just looking at this on the smyths website! Lol. Ok so I think the bumbo is out. But the m&ps snug seat looks lovely and only €25 is a bargain. I love the play tray aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I got a bumbo recently. Paid 25 second hand. Has a tray but i dont use it yet. Probably will when he is older and grasping food/toys. As L has flat patch its great for keeping him off his head. Was kindly recommended by someone here (thanks again) and also by phn. He loves sitting in it while i and my daughter sit on the foam alphabet mat doing head,shoulders,knees and toes (he laughs so much watching us ) or reading books etc.
    I probably wouldnt have bothered though if his head was ok but it wil be beneficial to him .

I was just looking at this on the smyths website! Lol. Ok so I think the bumbo is out. But the m&ps snug seat looks lovely and only €25 is a bargain. I love the play tray aswell...

€25 is a bargain, I have seen it in flesh. The insert comes out but my boy is too big for it! As previous posters have said some babies arch their backs in bumbo and from looking at the snug I thought he would do it in it too. Lots of scary videos on YouTube to demonstrate. The fisher price one is way way way more roomy and folds down flat so very handy for travelling and also can go into washing machine. My baby also has a small flat patch so it is great for keeping him off head.

€25 is a bargain, I have seen it in flesh. The insert comes out but my boy is too big for it! As previous posters have said some babies arch their backs in bumbo and from looking at the snug I thought he would do it in it too. Lots of scary videos on YouTube to demonstrate. The fisher price one is way way way more roomy and folds down flat so very handy for travelling and also can go into washing machine. My baby also has a small flat patch so it is great for keeping him off head.

but you can't feed baby in the fisher price one. I bought the snugs because our house is quite small and it will help me delay having to set up two highchairs for another few weeks. Also they both have reflux, one particularly bad, so thry like to sit up to play and with two of them I can't always physically be close enough to stop them toppling over (they can sit up but still have wobbles sideways). I think these will fit the bill - they won't ever be in them unsupervised so I'm not too worried by the videos on you tube.

• Advertisement

but you can't feed baby in the fisher price one. I bought the snugs because our house is quite small and it will help me delay having to set up two highchairs for another few weeks. Also they both have reflux, one particularly bad, so thry like to sit up to play and with two of them I can't always physically be close enough to stop them toppling over (they can sit up but still have wobbles sideways). I think these will fit the bill - they won't ever be in them unsupervised so I'm not too worried by the videos on you tube.

I feed him in is fisher price chair every day and have never had to wash it yet :) he doesn't have reflux. My boy is always supervised in it but is very strong and when he gets tired he tries to push back (which happens in seconds). Thank god he can't tip it over! He is now in 12-18 month clothes and I don't think the snug would fit him now! He barely squeezed into it at 4 months!

I feed him in is fisher price chair every day and have never had to wash it yet :) he doesn't have reflux. My boy is always supervised in it but is very strong and when he gets tired he tries to push back (which happens in seconds). Thank god he can't tip it over! He is now in 12-18 month clothes and I don't think the snug would fit him now! He barely squeezed into it at 4 months!
    Its a lot easier to keep things clean and food free when you've only one to feed...when theres two there is always a grubby hand or few dribbles that sneak in no matter how hard I try. The fact they are desperate to feed themselves and try to put their hands in everything doesn't help matters. A wipe down seat is essential, I already do FARRRRR too much washing as it is!

Its a lot easier to keep things clean and food free when you've only one to feed...when theres two there is always a grubby hand or few dribbles that sneak in no matter how hard I try. The fact they are desperate to feed themselves and try to put their hands in everything doesn't help matters. A wipe down seat is essential, I already do FARRRRR too much washing as it is!

That is true I am sure it is easier with one. I am terrible for the washing too one dribble on his clothes and they are in laundry basket! He is such a hungry horse he literally hoovers up his food so that might be why he is not messy!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

In fairness with the bumbos, it definitely depends on the baby. A friend of mine had twins and her two loved them so she bought me one as a present. My little man had already hated the swing and the bouncer so I was none too surprised when he lasted about 2 mins in the bumbo before almost tipping it over. So I passed it on to a friend whose baby also loved it.

He is such a hungry horse he literally hoovers up his food so that might be why he is not messy!

I have a pair of hungahs too - thats the main cause of the mess - they're not content with eating their own grub they want each others too. As soon as one sees the spoon heading to the other one the hands come out and I literally have to wrestle to keep the spoon from going into the other gob! It was funny and endearing for the first week....now not so much! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Ha that's so cute HL!

We were given the Bumbo for free second-hand, his physio had recommended it for his flat-head, he's never done that back arching thing - he tends to be quite happy in it. They use it in his creche too, they said they've never once had a child tip over in it ... obviously it would always be used under close supervision there, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I'd definitely recommend trying a bumbo before buying one - my wee fella loved it, used it with the tray on the kitchen table so he ate dinner with us. My little girl NEVER sat in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MollFlanders

Tesco have Johnson and Johnson wipes for €1. Pampers are on offer, 39 pack buy one get one free €12.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Dalys pharmacy in cabra are doing huggies wipes for a euro a pack

Dunnes have a box of 6 Johnson's extra sensitive wipes for €5 and pampers large bags of pampers baby dry for €10 (not great). Marks and spencers have further reductions - some lovely little outfits 60% off. If anyone finds a maclaren quest cheaper than €189 inc delivery please post!

• Advertisement

http://www.bellababy.ie/baby-snug-with-tray-raspberry-p-3315.html

M&p baby snug seat (raspberry colour only) half price. Teal one is €39. Other colours are full price.

Thank you for this! I went into bella baby to buy one and they were out of stock of the rasberry one which was half price. They had no stock in any of their shops left of that particular one. So I popped into mamas and papas where they weren't on sale and showed them the bella baby link and they gave me it for the €25. I bought 2 and got the play trays aswell. Just put LO in it there. Looks so cute!!

Boots are doing two big packs of their own brand nappies for €13. I picked up their version of baby dry and active fit yesterday. I tried the Boots nappies in their Liffey Valley Store; they have a stock of them for their customers to use in their baby changing room. I nicked 2 of them (Shhh! You're not supposed to!) and was impressed; they're good nappies. He'll be in them now for a month so I'll report back how I get on. If they survive the overnight pee onslaught they'll be a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

How many nappies are usually in a pack?

How many nappies are usually in a pack?

Depends on the size. 2 for €13 isn't the best deal as last month they were 3 for 2. I am waiting for the next 3 for 2 to stock up. I have used only used size 2 nappies and found them great. They have the line on them for wetness indicator. They are a yellow pack (very similar to pampers) and got 2 x 44 nappies for €8 at the time. I have only seen the big economy packs in Liffey valley the other boots I go to (dundrum, Nutgrove, tallaght only seem to stock carry packs)

Depends on the size. 2 for €13 isn't the best deal as last month they were 3 for 2. I am waiting for the next 3 for 2 to stock up. I have used only used size 2 nappies and found them great. They have the line on them for wetness indicator. They are a yellow pack (very similar to pampers) and got 2 x 44 nappies for €8 at the time. I have only seen the big economy packs in Liffey valley the other boots I go to (dundrum, Nutgrove, tallaght only seem to stock carry packs)

It's not the best deal but I'm running low and Dunnes & tesco's offers this month aren't great. Think there's 38 in the "active fit" type and 42 or 44 in the other ones. Boots in blanch only have the smaller size packs as well. Supervalu have a mega box (about 76 nappies I think) for €16, again not great. Next 3 for 2 boots or half price pampers I'm buying a mountain!!

nikpmup wrote: »
    It's not the best deal but I'm running low and Dunnes & tesco's offers this month aren't great. Think there's 38 in the "active fit" type and 42 or 44 in the other ones. Boots in blanch only have the smaller size packs as well. Supervalu have a mega box (about 76 nappies I think) for €16, again not great. Next 3 for 2 boots or half price pampers I'm buying a mountain!!

Nikpmup you should try dunnes own brand they are excellent and slightly more roomy than pampers! They are same price as Aldis own brand €5.85/€5.65. Also if you know anyone who works for hse they get 10% off in boots :) nab them/their card when you are building your nappy mountain!

Nikpmup you should try dunnes own brand they are excellent and slightly more roomy than pampers! They are same price as Aldis own brand €5.85/€5.65. Also if you know anyone who works for hse they get 10% off in boots :) nab them/their card when you are building your nappy mountain!

Really? My job is funded by the HSE, I wonder would I get one, ha ha!

I must try the Dunnes ones, I might pick up a small pack and give them a go. My Mam minds him when I'm in work so I always buy an extra pack when they're on offer and send them over to her, saves me having to remember to pack nappies every day.

nikpmup wrote: »
    Really? My job is funded by the HSE, I wonder would I get one, ha ha!

I must try the Dunnes ones, I might pick up a small pack and give them a go. My Mam minds him when I'm in work so I always buy an extra pack when they're on offer and send them over to her, saves me having to remember to pack nappies every day.

Yes it is like a white credit card with your name on it and an expiry date. You get 15% off coming up to Christmas and 10% off the rest of the year! My mum has one. You used to get 10% in smyths but that stopped. I think it was like her work ID card but when it expired boots gave her a new card (even though she retired!!!) happy days for me though as they renew it every year! You get 10% in kanuum (yum yum Thai food) with hse ID too!

Yes it is like a white credit card with your name on it and an expiry date. You get 15% off coming up to Christmas and 10% off the rest of the year! My mum has one. You used to get 10% in smyths but that stopped. I think it was like her work ID card but when it expired boots gave her a new card (even though she retired!!!) happy days for me though as they renew it every year! You get 10% in kanuum (yum yum Thai food) with hse ID too!

Millem I work in the HSE!! I've never heard of this!? Do they keep it quiet or something? How do I get one of these cards??? :)

• Advertisement

Millem I work in the HSE!! I've never heard of this!? Do they keep it quiet or something? How do I get one of these cards??? :)

My mum has had it years and gets a new one every year!!! I thought everyone knew! I am always using her discount card! It just has her name on it, expiry date, and hse on it. I am nearly sure she told me they were given to them in work? Every person in her work it, even the chef! I know when it expired boots gave her a new one. Do you have a hse ID? If so why not go to boots and show it to them, they might give you the 10% off card? It works on prescriptions too. If you go to self service till you just show it to staff and they swipe a different card.

Advertisement