Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infant and toddler bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Got some great deals in the babame sale today! Unfortunately no slings :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Ikea sale starts Friday their highchairs will be down to €9 with family card

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Glad I did not make the trip as it would have been purely for slings!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Glad I did not make the trip as it would have been purely for slings!!

Me too!

• Advertisement

Dunnes have some good baby deals, huggies pure wipes 4 for €4. Two big packs of their nappies for €10.
    http://www.dunnesstores.com/offer5/food-wine/fcp-category/home
    Valid till 24th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Anyone spot Dr Brown's bottles on offer?

Tesco have Persil non bio powder 45 washes is half price €9 until 8/7/14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Millem wrote: »
    Tesco have Persil non bio powder 45 washes is half price €9 until 8/7/14

Ah deadly, was just thinking we need to stock up on it! :)

Ah deadly, was just thinking we need to stock up on it! :)

They also have fairy and white lenor conditioner 40 washes half price (€2.39) but it's coming up as €3.50 on their website??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Millem - since you are the vest expert ;) - where has 6-9mth sleeveless vests? My local tesco and dunnes either don't have the size or when they do its the 3 pack which works out a good bit more expensive. I bought 2 packs of 3 and with the few 3-6 month that still fit I'm managing but they won't fit into them much longer! This heat has them growing like weeds!

Millem - since you are the vest expert ;) - where has 6-9mth sleeveless vests? My local tesco and dunnes either don't have the size or when they do its the 3 pack which works out a good bit more expensive. I bought 2 packs of 3 and with the few 3-6 month that still fit I'm managing but they won't fit into them much longer! This heat has them growing like weeds!

Lol lol!! I don't know much about vests deals now as I bought all mine ages ago!! But I am nearly sure penneys have the sleeveless ones, aldi still have short sleeved ones. The aldi ones are brill as they are sooooo light (half the thickness of dunnes) and good and big on sizes! My bruiser is in 12-18 month vests in dunnes but 9-12 month in aldi ones. I think they are €3 for 3, they were in baby event ages ago but they still seem to have them in aldi. Also you could try heatons?
    http://www.heatonsstores.com/Product/sleeveless-bodysuits-pack-of-3/271430/1407010000

The other thing you could do is order them from dunnes online and get free delivery to store for collection? 5 for €6.50?
    http://www.dunnesstores.com/white-sleeveless-bodysuit---5-pack/baby-underwear-and-nightwear/dunnesstores/fcp-product/6410455?colour=white

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Any bottles for newborn on special anywhere??

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Can I ask, with that electric steriliser, would it take different brand bottles do you think, like avent or Dr brown?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Can I ask, with that electric steriliser, would it take different brand bottles do you think, like avent or Dr brown?

It can take up to 6 dr browns 8oz bottles. But of a squeeze though as dr browns have so many fiddkt bits.

Coopaloop wrote: »

I don't have any dr browns but when baby was first born I was pumping and used an insane amount of bottles daily. I had normal avent, madela and tommee tippee. It fits more than 6 avent (as they are more narrow) and loads of madela (more than 6).

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

I don't have any dr browns but when baby was first born I was pumping and used an insane amount of bottles daily. I had normal avent, madela and tommee tippee. It fits more than 6 avent (as they are more narrow) and loads of madela (more than 6).

Ah brilliant, I need to get an electric one for when we go on hols, and this one is great value. I use the avent bottles so that's perfect, have a set of Dr Brown's that I got as a gift and never opened, handy for a rainy day, or a baby gift for someone else ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rotun

What is this witchcraft! No sterilizer required.. how does that work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Used them Mam bottles as mostly breastfed and was handy for the odd time I used expressed milk or the cartons, basically you dismantle the bottle, pour a small amount of water in the bottle, put lid over top and microwave, found them great.

rotun wrote: »

I think you put water in the bottom and put it in the microwave

rotun wrote: »

I use a mix of these and dr browns (incidentally you easily fit 6 dr browns in that steriliser you just need to stack the parts).my girls like tha teat on the MAM bottles and they are good for wind but I don't rate the self sterilising feature. The steam always ended up popping the parts apart for me. Just put them in my normal steriliser. You need to be careful too when assembling or they leak - theres a knack to it.

Also its not always easy to get the MAM teats in larger sizes - I had to order from boots online as instore in 3 had none nor did tesco, mccabes or any of my local chemists. The dr brown, tommee tippee, avent etc are all easy to find in the larger flow teats.

Also its not always easy to get the MAM teats in larger sizes - I had to order from boots online as instore in 3 had none nor did tesco, mccabes or any of my local chemists. The dr brown, tommee tippee, avent etc are all easy to find in the larger flow teats.

We are still using teat number 1 for our tommee tippees!

We are still using teat number 1 for our tommee tippees!

It depends on the formula too - if you use the MAM bottles for wind you may also be using a thicker formula and need size 2 teats. That's what happened to us and I couldn't find the larger ones anywhere. The avent teats fit thos bottles but my girls particularly like the shape of the MAM teats.

It depends on the formula too - if you use the MAM bottles for wind you may also be using a thicker formula and need size 2 teats. That's what happened to us and I couldn't find the larger ones anywhere. The avent teats fit thos bottles but my girls particularly like the shape of the MAM teats.

We just use the aptimal first milk and teats are grand! I can't get over price of teats compared to price of bottles!

We just use the aptimal first milk and teats are grand! I can't get over price of teats compared to price of bottles!

I know its ridiculous and if you read the leaflet will that comes with the bottles it says your supposed to replace teats every 6-8 weeks! As if! We're still using the ones we got at around 8 weeks and the girls are 6 months now. I actually think that bottles should come without teats and then you buy the size best suited for your needs (at a more reasonable price!) I only used size 1 for 3 weeks.

BTW moving up teat size is recommended as you get closer to moving baby onto beakers so that they are more used to the increased flow. As they get older the smaller teats cause them to suck more and can lead to wind and even for some kids speech and swallowing problems. Speech therapist friend of mine is always reminding me to increase teat size as they get older.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I know its ridiculous and if you read the leaflet will that comes with the bottles it says your supposed to replace teats every 6-8 weeks! As if! We're still using the ones we got at around 8 weeks and the girls are 6 months now. I actually think that bottles should come without teats and then you buy the size best suited for your needs (at a more reasonable price!) I only used size 1 for 3 weeks.

BTW moving up teat size is recommended as you get closer to moving baby onto beakers so that they are more used to the increased flow. As they get older the smaller teats cause them to suck more and can lead to wind and even for some kids speech and swallowing problems. Speech therapist friend of mine is always reminding me to increase teat size as they get older.

I had no idea you were supposed to change them that often...oops. I only use one bottle on alternate days of ebm. I switched to a slower teat cos I felt it was coming out too quick and she had no control over it. Again ... Oops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Not really a bargain alert at the mo, but it could be...

You can now order F-F clothes online from the irish site, prices are in euro and you can return to store or by post for free. So you can skip the elbows and get your sale kids clothes from your armchair.

Delivery is €4, but oddly:
    Refund of delivery charges

As long as you're returning all of your order, we'll refund your delivery charge in full. If you're only returning some of your products, the delivery charge will remain.

Also re vest:

there are 8 styles of this vest:
    http://www.f-f.com/ie/product/f-f-i-love-mummy-short-sleeve-bodysuit/kb412089

all now 87c each in stores, they were in a basket and were 4 for 6euro, but now they are reduced to 87c each. Not exactly sleeveless but they are cool logos and slogans so they can be worn as outerwear.

Advertisement