Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infant and toddler bargains

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Millem wrote: »
    My mum has had it years and gets a new one every year!!! I thought everyone knew! I am always using her discount card! It just has her name on it, expiry date, and hse on it. I am nearly sure she told me they were given to them in work? Every person in her work it, even the chef! I know when it expired boots gave her a new one. Do you have a hse ID? If so why not go to boots and show it to them, they might give you the 10% off card? It works on prescriptions too. If you go to self service till you just show it to staff and they swipe a different card.

Cool. And to think of the amount I could've saved in boots! I spend so much there! Thanks a mill! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Cool. And to think of the amount I could've saved in boots! I spend so much there! Thanks a mill! :)

I hope you get it!! I got a card a few years ago with work and it was brill 10% off lots of places including a beauty salon in Dundrum called pink. I lost the card and can't remember the name of it, so can't even reapply :(

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

cellular blankets reduced to €2.99 in guineys

I was shopping for ERF car seats and spotted this in Bella baby today, very good price http://www.bellababy.ie/care-black-p-4732.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I was shopping for ERF car seats and spotted this in Bella baby today, very good price http://www.bellababy.ie/care-black-p-4732.html

Bollo***!!!! We bought this today from Eurobaby for €230!! As we were going out the door to buy it, I asked himself did he check Bellababy. He - who normally researches a thing to death before committing - reckoned they didn't sell it so I didn't think anything of it. It's a great price.

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    Bollo***!!!! We bought this today from Eurobaby for €230!! As we were going out the door to buy it, I asked himself did he check Bellababy. He - who normally researches a thing to death before committing - reckoned they didn't sell it so I didn't think anything of it. It's a great price.

Go to euro baby tomorrow with your receipt and show them Bella baby price, they might refund you the €55 or give you store credit? It's worth a try! How do you find this seat space wise! I have read good reviews, I am thinking of getting it as a second seat as I am dreading the whole "tethering" with the britax two way elite!

We bought it for his car - mine doesn't have isofix so I got the Joie Stages. Space wise, it seems pretty good, but my OH's car is really big, so it's hard to judge. I was able to pull the passenger seat back a fair bit, I still had lots of room. It looks as if it's fairly upright so I'd say you'd still have a good bit of room even in a smaller car. The little man fell asleep in it on the way back so that's a good endorsement!

I might get himself to go back to Eurobaby; €55 is a bit too much to just shrug off! Even store credit would be good, we're thinking of getting a playpen and a travel cot so it'd help with that.

We bought it for his car - mine doesn't have isofix so I got the Joie Stages. Space wise, it seems pretty good, but my OH's car is really big, so it's hard to judge. I was able to pull the passenger seat back a fair bit, I still had lots of room. It looks as if it's fairly upright so I'd say you'd still have a good bit of room even in a smaller car. The little man fell asleep in it on the way back so that's a good endorsement!

I might get himself to go back to Eurobaby; €55 is a bit too much to just shrug off! Even store credit would be good, we're thinking of getting a playpen and a travel cot so it'd help with that.

In fact I would ring them in the morning. They have play pens in argos half price! http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1574690/Trail/searchtext%3EPLAY+PENS.htm

Fantastic price - Argos in the morning!!

Fantastic price - Argos in the morning!!

Yes great price and seems very similar to baby dan one! My mum has this travel cot too which is reduced http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9104079/Trail/searchtext%3ETRAVEL+COT.htm it's brill and the mattress is grand that comes with it. All four sides are see through too. Unfortunately it was sold out when I was buying mine :(

• Advertisement

You're the bargain queen :D

You're the bargain queen :D

Lol :)

Definitely do try and get the refund or store credit Nikpump... Eurobaby definitely do price match so they should really at least give you the credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

That looks to be a great price for an extended rearward facing seat. We have the option of using a spare seat my niece no longer uses but it's a seatbelt only type and given the new I size regs I was wondering should we fork out or take the freebie? The one in the link doesn't mention I size explicitly though why's that I wonder?

I was talking to a staff member in mothercare about a month ago, she said that the isize regs are going to run alongside the current regs for five years, after that it'll be isize only.

I was talking to a staff member in mothercare about a month ago, she said that the isize regs are going to run alongside the current regs for five years, after that it'll be isize only.

That's right and I think the first phase was introduced last year. So I'm thinking that the old regs aren't especially unsafe just that new ones are better...if I was buying one I'd defo try and get one like the one linked above but just thinking for now might be better to save the money. Feel guilty even saying that though cos if the other ones are safer...gah such procrastination! Luckily I think I'll have a few months before having to change anyway, despite the two grannies insisting she's already too big for the group 0!

kandr10 wrote: »
    That looks to be a great price for an extended rearward facing seat. We have the option of using a spare seat my niece no longer uses but it's a seatbelt only type and given the new I size regs I was wondering should we fork out or take the freebie? The one in the link doesn't mention I size explicitly though why's that I wonder?

My head is so wrecked by Isize etc. Belfast shop told me its not coming till 2018? From what I understand Isize is that child faces rearward till 15months of age, seats are done on height and weight and it promotes isofix. Therefore the seat I linked would satify the rule unless your child reaches 18kg before 15 months? And reaches the height of an average 4 year old before 15 months? It got a good review recently in a parent magazine this month. Bella baby is a great shop so it must be good. Supposesly the seat is a little smaller than other seats but for €175 it is amazing value. The mamas and papas seat is over €500, 2way pearl is €475 etc. If there is isofix in childminders car I am getting it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

we're thinking of getting a playpen and a travel cot so it'd help with that.

We've got a travel cot that we have set up in the sitting room full-time as a playpen ... would that work for you at all? Save you having to buy both?

We're also going to buy balls to throw in there to make a little ball pool for him! :D I used to love those when I was a kid!

We've got a travel cot that we have set up in the sitting room full-time as a playpen ... would that work for you at all? Save you having to buy both?

We're also going to buy balls to throw in there to make a little ball pool for him! :D I used to love those when I was a kid!

We do the same but I kind of wish I had gone for the playpen now :(my friend bought baby dan one 3 weeks ago and it can go into a room divider (like the argos one) and I love the way you can see everything really clearly with the play pen! Plus I hate looking at my travel cot in my front room :( I am half tempted to buy the argos playpen for €50 myself and it goes up to 20kg!

I have the baby dan playpen. One of the best things I ever bought! I put it where he can see out the window and whats going on outside. When I have to go upstairs all I can hear is him yelling... "Car!, wow wow!, TRUCK!".

• Advertisement

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I have the baby dan playpen. One of the best things I ever bought! I put it where he can see out the window and whats going on outside. When I have to go upstairs all I can hear is him yelling... "Car!, wow wow!, TRUCK!".

Ahhh cute! My friend got it from littledreamers €119 inc free delivery. It was the cheapest place at the time. She bought it before argos had that one for €50. Does the play mat easily fit in washing machine?

Ahhh cute! My friend got it from littledreamers €119 inc free delivery. It was the cheapest place at the time. She bought it before argos had that one for €50. Does the play mat easily fit in washing machine?

We got ours from eurobaby. Think it was either €109 or €119. Yep the play mat fits in the machine no problem. Only think I'd have to say is that the little Elastic bands that connect the mat to the pen bars aren't the best. One of ours has ripped... But that could also be coz we move it around a lot and are a bit rough with it...

My head is so wrecked by Isize etc. Belfast shop told me its not coming till 2018? From what I understand Isize is that child faces rearward till 15months of age, seats are done on height and weight and it promotes isofix. Therefore the seat I linked would satify the rule unless your child reaches 18kg before 15 months? And reaches the height of an average 4 year old before 15 months? It got a good review recently in a parent magazine this month. Bella baby is a great shop so it must be good. Supposesly the seat is a little smaller than other seats but for €175 it is amazing value. The mamas and papas seat is over €500, 2way pearl is €475 etc. If there is isofix in childminders car I am getting it!

Right so! For that price it's hard not to give it serious consideration. I had thought it'd be around the 500 mark to go down that route and discounted it cos we hAve the old seat there. Need to think about this some more...hhhmmmmm!

God I remember melting my head with buying a pram when I was pregnant..kinda wish I was doing that again!

kandr10 wrote: »
    Right so! For that price it's hard not to give it serious consideration. I had thought it'd be around the 500 mark to go down that route and discounted it cos we hAve the old seat there. Need to think about this some more...hhhmmmmm!

God I remember melting my head with buying a pram when I was pregnant..kinda wish I was doing that again!

I hear you! The sell it in a few shops so if you don't live near Bellababy you could see it in the flesh elsewhere! I was onto mothercare during the week and they are completely sold out of them Instore and only 1 store (swords) have the display model as customers have bought all the other display models!! It should last you a few years anyway. I think it's great as it's suitable from birth so could buy if for a newborn and leave it in one car permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Not really baby stuff but Artscow.com have a 3 for $12 sale on at the moment, with free shipping when you use the code MORE4LESS. You can get all kinds of personalised photo gifts - photobooks, christmas decorations, bags, mousepads etc. I have used the site a good few times without issues. Might be nice for some keepsake gifts for nanny/granddad etc.

http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/3-for-12

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

thanks for this...I'm seriously tempted. I'd like an erf although in reality I don't know how long rear facing will be practical. For that reason I don't want to go too mad spending a fortune on an erf which may well end up forward facing sooner than expected. Plus I need to buy two so price is definitely a factor.

Any idea what the recline is like on this?

thanks for this...I'm seriously tempted. I'd like an erf although in reality I don't know how long rear facing will be practical. For that reason I don't want to go too mad spending a fortune on an erf which may well end up forward facing sooner than expected. Plus I need to buy two so price is definitely a factor.

Any idea what the recline is like on this?

I am going to go to euro baby on the long mile road to compare to 2 way pearl. This is the only shop in south dublin that I can find with both on the floor in stock! I think recline is grand. The only difference I think is the leg room. The bicare takes up less space rearward (for me this is a good thing) but as child gets older will have to maybe cross their legs. I don't think this is really a big deal because if you look up photos most kids sit like this anyway. It can go forward facing like the maxi cosi too but I want it for rearward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭uli84

Oh seen that too late, price went up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Got his email from tesco clothing today:
    We wanted to let you know that we’ve launched a new dedicated F&F website for ROI recently. We’re really excited about this and it means that from now on you’ll have access to a host of benefits including paying for your order in Euros, cheaper delivery than the UK site (€3.95) and free returns to store (except Expresses) and by post.

We hope you’ll have a look at our new site and that you’ll love it as much as we do - the address is www.f-f.com/ie. As it’s a new site, we’d like to offer you a welcome promotion code. The code is FFWELCOME and entitles you to €5 off €25 off your first registered shop. The code expires on the 17th of November 2014.

It'll come in extremely handy, their baby clothes are so reasonable, I buy most of my little man's stuff there :)

• Advertisement

Got his email from tesco clothing today:

It'll come in extremely handy, their baby clothes are so reasonable, I buy most of my little man's stuff there :)

I see they have name it clothes. I used to love them for baby clothes but now buy mostly in m & s as find they are more generous on the sizes as he is a big boy!

Advertisement