Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Pretty lame excuse for dropping Ghost Rider, they "couldn't think of ways to incorperate his bike".

It doesn't take much imagination people, have him ride in and dismount for an intro, have a super where he summons it and pulls a crazy hellfire-wheelie across the screen, it's not like he has to be riding back and forth on it the whole damn match. :pac:

At least this supposed "2 character reveals per month" will hopefully provide some more nice surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

It annoys me that Phoenix Wright was one of the most requested characters and they still chose not to include him, if I recall correctly he was heavily requested for TvC as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Pretty lame excuse for dropping Ghost Rider, they "couldn't think of ways to incorperate his bike".

Probably just being polite, better than saying 'he's so **** people'd rather play modok'.

At least he doesn't get continually bested by REED RICHARDS. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

A lot of Darkstalker females? Two isn't "a lot." Hopefully that means Q. Bee. I like B.B. Hood and she's my favourite Darksalker, but I think it's time four-eyes had a go. She'd look fantastic in this graphical style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/oct/24/list-deconfirmed-mvc3-characters-and-franchises/

Marvel character deconfirmations

• Blade
    • Daredevil
    • Dr. Strange
    • Emma Frost
    • Fantastic Four
    • Gambit (verified through uStream)
    • Ghost Rider
    • Kingpin
    • Mojo
    • Loki
    • Punisher
    • Silver Surfer (verified through uStream)

Capcom character deconfirmations

• Amingo
    • Demitri
    • Gene (from God Hand)
    • Gill (from Street Fighter 3)
    • Megaman X
    • Nemesis
    • Nero
    • Phoenix Wright
    • Ruby Heart
    • Tyrant
    • Vergil

Capcom franchise deconfirmations

Characters from these franchise will not be appearing in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

• Breath of Fire
    • Darkstalkers (no additional characters beyond Felicia and Morrigan)
    • Monster Hunter
    • Sengoku BASARA

Questionable deconfirmations

It's not official that these characters/franchises won't be making an appearance, but it's very unlikely most of them will.

• Akuma
    • Black Panther
    • Cyclops
    • Dan
    • Ken
    • Man Thing
    • PTX-40
    • SonSon
    • Squirrel Girl
    • Wayne (Lost Planet)

• More Devil May Cry cast members
    • Power Stone cast members
    • Rival Schools cast members
    • Three Wonders cast members

I'll believe it when it's in a Capcom trailer - but Haggar deserves a damn spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

How many times has Mike Haggar been requested for different games?

I find it interesting that the people behind the Monster Hunter games didnt want their characters in MvC3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Breath of Fire noooooooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Capcom is giving you the opportunity to illustrate your own vision of Marvel Vs Capcom 3 to millions of fans.

Capcom UK will select the best piece of artwork and the winning entry will receive either a PS3 console or Xbox 360 console, a copy of Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, a framed print of their winning entry and could have their entry featured in the art book to be released with the special edition of Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Fate Of Two Worlds!

Tell everyone a story using nothing but your endless imagination and amazing art style.
    Will you choose to open the floodgates to a colossal free-for-all battle? Or will you focus on a deeper story between a few characters?

Will you choose to pit classic blockbuster heroes such as Spiderman and Ryu against each other? Or will they fight side-by-side against the evil Dr Doom or Albert Wesker? Or will Tron Bonne face off once again against the might of Hulk?! The scenarios are as limitless as your imagination!

Submit your entry now! (Or when you get it finished…) Closing date for entries is 11:59pm 22 November, 2010. Please note this competition is for the UK only.
    http://www.capcom-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68612

Pretty nice prize they've got going there. I asked for clarification on wether Ireland is eligble but did not get a response.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    And I thought the CT art book was a little in your face with the pervyness o_O

Sairus wrote: »
    Pretty nice prize they've got going there. I asked for clarification on wether Ireland is eligble but did not get a response.

They seem to have thrown you in with the people asking if Greece and Spain could enter. Maybe you could remind them that a lot of companies consider the Republic to come under the region they consider the "UK" for corporate reasons, and that we normally would be eligible, but you're just looking for crystal clarity. the Isle of Man is not part of the UK either but I bet they're eligible.

If there's still no response, enter anyway and see what happens.

And this time, put your own damn logo on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Dam it no Gambit. Was secretly hoping for him. Was my fav character in X-Men Mutant Academy 2.

Damn, I hate She-Hulk so much... but this is the first time I've seen Arthur's stage and it's looking FINE.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Shulky and Deadpool? I wonder if they fight do they have some kind of in joke about the two of them being aware they're comic book characters... Shulkie had that gimmick years before DP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

No Jill/Sakura/Cammy = no interest in roster yet :p

She Hulk is making a strong play for worst character in MvC3!
    And this game has MODOK in it.

Zero could be fun. He was in Megaman X so he gets instant street cred with me. Never unlocked him in TvC though so I still have no idea what he's like to use.

• Advertisement

But...
    But...

SHE-HULK!

I don't know how I could possibly say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

But...
    But...

SHE-HULK!

I don't know how I could possibly say no.

Don't look at her boobs/ass and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Call me the cheapest ****er, but...
    Dante - Zero - Deadpool WILL be my team.

Hype levels faltering slightly.

What's Zeros theme even supposed to be? Doesn't immediately ring a bell, I'd have went for X1 or X4 remixes.

What's Zeros theme even supposed to be? Doesn't immediately ring a bell, I'd have went for X1 or X4 remixes.

Agreed. Why didn't they just use a remix of this bad assery?

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Don't look at her boobs/ass and you'll be grand.
    It's like you typed words, but I don't know what you're saying.

she-Hulk-marvel-comics-4660737-1401-2128.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Zero?

Zero!?

ZERO!!??

F*** YEAH! :D:D

Thats two of my team sorted ( Deadpool and Zero )

Now please, please, please give me Juri and complete my team....

It's like you typed words, but I don't know what you're saying.

It's like you embedded an image, but it's so ****ing huge I couldn't see it.

Sairus wrote: »
    It's like you embedded an image, but they're so ****ing huge I couldn't see it.
    This is pretty much why I hate She-Hulk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Advertisement