Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I'm trying a couple of bottles of Birra Rossini out of Aldi at the moment, its decent, something along the lines of Stella Artois I think. I'll be sticking with Spaten as my main beer though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I'm trying a couple of bottles of Birra Rossini out of Aldi at the moment, its decent, something along the lines of Stella Artois I think. I'll be sticking with Spaten as my main beer though.

Any idea who makes it? It's made in Italy and the bottle looks very much like Peroni branding.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Not in Ireland I take it ? And how much did it cost?

Sadly not, Oslo a restaurant called Lorry (http://www.lorry.no), went there seeking Spitfire and or Speckled Hen on tap as was suggested by their website. A Norwegian friend suggesed trying NogNo o on tap. Fresh, fruity, strong. Very, Very nice. Before I knew it, we'd dumped any idea of food and a few pints later, rolled out of the place. Oh, but not before having a pint of Sam Adams a long the way..

The bill :eek: Think we had 5 beers each, 5 NogNo o, two Sam Adams one Grolsch, two Erdinger. Total bill 1200 Kroner, about 150 Euro... :eek::eek::eek::eek: Well, no dinner, expenses... what more dya want...

mad money all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

irish_goat wrote: »
    Any idea who makes it? It's made in Italy and the bottle looks very much like Peroni branding.

I only know that it is produced especially for Aldi. I'm not even sure whether it is really Italian.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I only know that it is produced especially for Aldi. I'm not even sure whether it is really Italian.

I'll grab a bottle in Aldi tomorrow but pretty sure it said it made in Italy on the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I took the plunge tonight and got some Innovation on the €12 for 6 in Superquinn. It's not bad, it's very smooth and potent but I don't know but I find it a wee bit listless and not very flavoursome; what the fuss is all about this supposedly world beating beer?:confused::confused::confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

BeerNut wrote: »

I remember that thread but surely to goodness they'd have sorted it by now?:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭Glebee

Really liking Goose Island India Pale Ale this week...

surely to goodness they'd have sorted it by now?
    It does seem like a long time ago, but then I don't know the supply lines between Adnams and Superquinn. This could still be that batch on the shelves six months later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Treated myself to a Hops Kill the other night. Subtle stronger kick than 5am Saint, but otherwise I found them very similar. Would like to do a blind taste, but that just seems wasteful on your own! Also enjoyed a Big Daddy IPA, followed by a Galway Hooker, that suffered the taste explosion of the first two beers. Probably should have enjoyed them in the reverse order.

If your having a couple of different beers of a night, anyone sort them according to impact on taste-buds?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

If your having a couple of different beers of a night, anyone sort them according to impact on taste-buds?!

I do now. Learned that lesson after drinking a DIPA one night and not tatsing any beer afterwards.

I try get the hoppiest beer last if I know what I am having and tasted them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ah you'd always have to if you're dealing with hop monsters.

At the Against the Grain birthday party my table were all drinking 5am Saint then switched to something else for the last round. O'Hara's IPA tasted like a weissbier and Howling Gale like water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

I remember that thread but surely to goodness they'd have sorted it by now?:confused::confused::confused:
    BeerNut wrote: »
    It does seem like a long time ago, but then I don't know the supply lines between Adnams and Superquinn. This could still be that batch on the shelves six months later.

I had the same experience a few weeks ago with Innovation from Superquinn, thought the dodgy batch would have been sold off by now but the one I had tasted very thin, nothing like as good as it usually is. A shame, as I would definitely buy it normally, but I'm not going to spend the beer budget on it if it's not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Picked up two Old Peculiars (2.39 each) and two Old Engine Oil's (2.15 each) in Dunne's St. Green, good to see them selling some decent beers at good prices. :)

I had the same experience a few weeks ago with Innovation from Superquinn, thought the dodgy batch would have been sold off by now but the one I had tasted very thin, nothing like as good as it usually is. A shame, as I would definitely buy it normally, but I'm not going to spend the beer budget on it if it's not right.

Thats one ale that people on here rave about thats never done anything for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Picked up two Old Peculiars (2.39 each) and two Old Engine Oil's (2.15 each) in Dunne's St. Green, good to see them selling some decent beers at good prices. :)

Old Peculiar is one I really enjoy, I enjoyed it even more earlier in the year when I sampled it on cask in Manchester. Really delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Thats one ale that people on here rave about thats never done anything for me.

Did you taste the original version or the dodgy batch (with a label around the neck)? Big difference between them.

Did you taste the original version or the dodgy batch (with a label around the neck)? Big difference between them.

Thats interesting tried it on two different occasions about a year ago didn't hear abou dodgy batches, wasn't mouldy just not v nice, might give it another go.

• Advertisement

Hogs Back Brewery Hop Garden Gold a nice light beer with a citrus taste And lightly hopped taste.

Would be a nice summer beer I think.

Adriaen Brouwer Dark Gold it's a really nice Belgian beer not too strong tasting considering it's 7% plus beer.

Nice Belgian hoppy and burnt taste with a slight sweet taste.

Another Hogs Back Brewery this time it's Gardeners Tiple which is better than Hop Garden gold with a hoppier taste and a nice hint of caramel.

A nice bitterness and spice too which really makes this a good beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Right now it's a brewdog abstrakt ab:07. It's delicious. Nice coffee taste. Im a big fan of brewdog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Drinking Rogue's Dry hopped St. Rogue red ale at the mo.
    Quite nice, lovely hoppy almost floral aroma with hints of citrus and sweet malt. The malt kinda shys away in the taste, a touch bitter with some yeastiness in there too. Not bad

Up next Rogue amber ale...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Last night I had a bottle each of Hercules Double IPA & HopDevil. The Hercules was very enjoyable and will definitely buy that again. The HopDevil, I was expecting more hops. Still an enjoyable beer.

This evening I've started with Burger & Bun L.A. Lager. Very strong smell of citrus and tastes as such. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

First time in here :pac:.

Grabbed an Old Peculiar today from Dunnes, first impressions when I poured it was 'Hmmm, tis very dark lookin', but tastes lovely. Will be getting more :)

Quite enjoying a few Old Speckeled Hen the past few weeks too.

Just back from the Franciscan Well's Octoberfest, tried The Dogs Bollocks from Wychwood, not to my taste unfortunately. I also tried Weihenstephaner Korbinian on cask which was savage. Two pints of Innis and Gunn on tap which tasted very different to the bottled some for some reason(but brilliant). I also had a sip of Tom Crean's lager from the Dingle brewing company, very nice indeed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Is the Weihenstephaner Korbinian available in Dublin (bottle or cask)?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

anchor humming ale

really nice, i need to properly browse the local off license more of a smash and grab last time round

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement