Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Their porter is indeed good. The pale ale is solid as well.

Do you have to drink it with a knife and fork? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

BeerNut wrote: »
    That sound was my world falling away. There'd better be more.

Was told it was being brewed, so rest easy.

@Seaneh - there might not be any Porter there on Friday, but pop in anyway, their other beers are decent too.

One thing about the Weiss and Dunkelweiss though, they are quite deep into the "banana" territory, still at the acceptable level, but a bit too sweet to be drinking more than one or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Drunken Destrier

Had the Sly Fox 113 IPA last night, very nice beer. Their Phoenix was great too, got both cans from Drinkstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Had the Sly Fox 113 IPA last night, very nice beer. Their Phoenix was great too, got both cans from Drinkstore.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised even though the lads in Drinkstore said it was very good.
    I didnt get any Phoenix was that an IPA also?

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Yeah I was pleasantly surprised even though the lads in Drinkstore said it was very good.
    I didnt get any Phoenix was that an IPA also?

I got them as an afterthought when I was ordering Hoptimum, so I was very pleasantly surprised with both of them. Phoenix is just a Pale Ale, but plenty hoppy too, and well balanced. Both very good, I reckon I'll get the rest of the range with my next order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Quite liked the Sly Fox 113. The lads in Drinkstore were raving about it to me as well.

Hopefully Bradley's will start getting it in.. I must ask them actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

Had the two new Eight Degrees IPAs last night - would rather the 'Hurricane', but 'Cyclone' is good as well. Just opening a bottle of Donegal Blonde now - not overly pushed on it but could drink a couple of bottles of it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Hopside Down India Style Pale Lager
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/8/91718

Oh, soooo nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

All Irish craft and stouts (Beamish!) for the past couple of, and next few days, leaving the country next week so I won't see stout for months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just picked myself up 12 cans each of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale & Punk for the Picnic! :)

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Just picked myself up 12 cans each of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale & Punk for the Picnic! :)

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Tried the two new 8 Degrees IPA's. Both pretty good. I think I prefer the Cyclone.

But I expected more of a punch from both considering the increase in ABV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

033_zps7133dfff.jpg

9.99 a bottle and 8.1% but tasty as hell , the whiskey really comes through .

Have a bottle each of Dungarvan "Comeragh Challenger Bitter" and something called "Black Sheep Ale" to try too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Owryan wrote: »

Have a bottle each of Dungarvan "Comeragh Challenger Bitter"

I found this overwhelmingly yeasty when I tried it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Gay4Doblenz

TSB on Cask from the Bierhaus in Cork is just 2 quid at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

do "all good off licences" have that O'Hara's whiskey ages LF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

do "all good off licences" have that O'Hara's whiskey ages LF?

I ve only seen it in obriens, on Carlow. None of the other off licences had it. Saying that when I asked oharas about it they tweeted back that they were surprised at the demand and had a bit of bother filling orders.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Wednesday night I have a few beers in Salt House, usual go-to's like Jaipur, 5am Saint, Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest and finished with a Porterhouse Louder, which I really liked, only €5.50 for a bottle and the stuff is 11%, not a bad deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Seaneh wrote: »
    Wednesday night I have a few beers in Salt House, usual go-to's like Jaipur, 5am Saint, Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest and finished with a Porterhouse Louder, which I really liked, only €5.50 for a bottle and the stuff is 11%, not a bad deal!

I really like louder. Only thing that annoyed me when I had it the first time was that they had it down as an ipa, so I was a tad disappointed to get no hops. :(

It's great though. I wonder whose will be nicer. O haras or porterhouse?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Seaneh wrote: »

Porterhouse Louder is bottled?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

drumswan wrote: »
    Porterhouse Louder is bottled?
    Yes, available at least in Drinkstore and Redmonds in Dublin

Anyone know if Redmonds have the new 8 Degrees beers, Hurricane & Cyclone in?

If only there was some way they could let their customers know about new products.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

drumswan wrote: »
    Anyone know if Redmonds have the new 8 Degrees beers, Hurricane & Cyclone in?

If only there was some way they could let their customers know about new products.
    They do, saw them on the shelf yesterday!

Thanks again

Innis & Gunn Toasted oak IPA well the bottle says its zesty but I didn't think it was so much.

You can tell its an Innis & Gunn beer with that sweet woody smell has strong smoked wood taste also.

Finishes off slightly bitter but doesn't last too long.

Not bad from them would drink it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Dark Art Porter, very nice

Bought it in Lilac Wines in Marino, for some reason they knocked 20% off the price of my few bottles. Wasn't complaining

Think they're moving so that might be it

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Donadea Leo

o haras Irish red ale very nice it is too. Friday night with no love hate so can focus myself fully on the lovely beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Having 8 Degrees Hurricane and Cyclone tonight. Prefer the hurricane, as I find it a more refreshing beer.

Both still nice and it's nice to see more Irish breweries coming out with good IPAs. They are a bit lighter in hops than I expected but still hopyy and worth a try.

• Advertisement

The Hurricane is fantastic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement