Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

On the 8 Degrees Howling Gale tonight, 5 for €10 in my local offo at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

I decided to follow the 8 degrees up with a Full Sail. The full sail is maltier and actually seems a fuller bodied beer but is a lot less hoppy.

There is a difference between them though and the Hurricane in particular is a much better beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Jack Hammer from BrewDog it's bitter bitter bitter.

Lovely grapefruit aftertaste that leaves the mouth feeling dry.
    Not for everyone and not a session beer as its 7.3%.
    You know you were drinking a brewdog all the same.

Moved on to Sierra Nevada Hoptimum which smelled lovely and piney when pouring.

Another hop bomb which I was shocked about as didn't expect it too be so strong.
    For a 10%+ beer you couldn't taste the alcohol. I really liked it and my pregnant OH said it smelled great also.

She had a sip and demanded I get 2/3 bottles for storage for after the baby is born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

ciaran76 wrote: »

Moved on to Sierra Nevada Hoptimum which smelled lovely and piney when pouring.

Another hop bomb which I was shocked about as didn't expect it too be so strong.
    For a 10%+ beer you couldn't taste the alcohol. I really liked it and my pregnant OH said it smelled great also.

She had a sip and demanded I get 2/3 bottles for storage for after the baby is born.

sounds like a keeper :)

congrats on the little one

sounds like a keeper :)

congrats on the little one

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

This week I am mostly drinking Full Sail dry hopped IPA. Got it tonight in Trim, discovered Leonard's last week by accident, like visiting Santa's Kingdom for the first time! Had the draught version in Salthill this summer and really liked it. Bottle seems to have a stronger hoppy taste, reminiscent of American PA's like Goose Island....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Watou Wit. Nyom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 robot6

Having a pint of 8 Wired - Hopwired in a bar in Wellington. Going down nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

robot6 wrote: »
    Having a pint of 8 Wired - Hopwired in a bar in Wellington. Going down nicely.

Lucky you. Hashigo Zake is possibly my favorite bar in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

I saw very large bottles of Franciscan well stout aged in Jameson barrels in lilac wines yesterday. Might pick one up today, sounds interesting

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I saw very large bottles of Franciscan well stout aged in Jameson barrels in lilac wines yesterday. Might pick one up today, sounds interesting

I ordered one of those on-line last night, along with a few other beers I've been trying to find for a while! Looking forward to a delivery during the week now. :)

I picked one up for €10, they are litre bottles. 2,000 bottles in total. Label says to consume by may 2014. Maybe I should have got 2

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

ciaran76 wrote: »

Had a bottle of it last night - didn't hate it or anything but I reckon there much better, more flavoursome beers out there at the moment, and many at a lower price than Jackhammer.

Looking forward to sampling a Hoptimum later on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

I picked one up for €10, they are litre bottles. 2,000 bottles in total. Label says to consume by may 2014. Maybe I should have got 2

Only 10? I paid 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Thought it was 12.99 in Lilac (although I got a discount last night in there off the sticker price of my beers)?

It was €15 in Sweeney's Glasnevin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

Going the cheap route tonight with some 500ml cans of Suntory

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

In Manchester drinking some local ales from Hawkshead Brewery. The golden ale is lovely.

Hurricane IPA is lovely stuff, wasn't sure at the start, but it's a solid IPA alright. Would drink again.

Rogue american amber ale it's very malty and I get a metal taste.

Not great in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭baron von something

all i have is cans of cobra..bleugh

• Advertisement

Went into lilac wines as with 20% off it'd be rude not to

Having Odell's Cuthroat Porter, quite a nice drink. Stocked up on Dark Arts at the price but that will wait for another night. Also got the Fran Well Jameson aged stout but again not for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Drunken Destrier

An old favourite, Knockmealdown Porter. So nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Picked up the last 3 Proper Job & last 3 Fullers IPA in tesco dun laoghaire today

Thought it was 12.99 in Lilac (although I got a discount last night in there off the sticker price of my beers)?

It was €15 in Sweeney's Glasnevin

I bought a lot of beer and wine so got a great discount on everything.thought it was priced at €12.50,anyway sweeneys are taking lilac over today so guess it will be €15 now.

I bought a lot of beer and wine so got a great discount on everything.thought it was priced at €12.50,anyway sweeneys are taking lilac over today so guess it will be €15 now.

Did not know that. At least I'll still have a decent off licence within walking distance

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Was in BDSM bar on Fri night, had my first pints of Metalman and Trouble Brewing's Sabotage. Both lovely though I preferred the Metalman, would be my go-to beer if it were in more bars. Still yet to try the Hurricane and Cyclone I bought last week, they're both still sitting in the bottom of the fridge lovely and cool for consumption later tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Anchor steam beer. Was ok, nothing too interesting.

Dark arts porter as recommended above. Delicious.

Stocked up on quite a lot in the crushed grape, derrylin, fermanagh, on the way home from a wedding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

G rock wrote: »
    Anchor steam beer. Was ok, nothing too interesting.

Dark arts porter as recommended above. Delicious.

Stocked up on quite a lot in the crushed grape, derrylin, fermanagh, on the way home from a wedding!

The anchor beer to go for is anchor porter.

Tyskie-honestly a very decent cheap lager, good bang for your buck at 5.6% as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 robot6

drumswan wrote: »
    Lucky you. Hashigo Zake is possibly my favorite bar in the world
    Yeh it is a real good bar. I was in Little Beer Quarter though the other night, another excellent bar if you don't know it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement