Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Maybe he didn't do anything worth reporting on?

Aside from make his debut!

Surely worth a mention, regardless of how good/bad/anonymous/"unseen"/useless/rusty he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Aside from make his debut!

Surely worth a mention, regardless of how good/bad/anonymous/"unseen"/useless/rusty he was.

There's a few comments on LF from the guys that were at the match. General consensus was he looked out of place with the pace of Leinster, but seemed to settle in later on in the half, had some good clear outs, was quite vocal and encouraging etc., etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

B.Thorn wrote:
    “My philosophy is that I am here to serve the team. If that’s on the paddock, scrummaging or whatever, or if it’s off the paddock, if a guy wants some advice or a few extras after training, I am here to serve.”

Nice attitude to have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

.ak wrote: »
    There's a few comments on LF from the guys that were at the match. General consensus was he looked out of place with the pace of Leinster, but seemed to settle in later on in the half, had some good clear outs, was quite vocal and encouraging etc., etc.

He also stole two lineout balls and was huge in the engine room of the scrum. Ryan, Macken, Cooney & Auva'a were other stand outs. It was also great to see Berquist back its a shame he didn't get more time at Leinster.

• Advertisement

ktulu123 wrote: »
    He also stole two lineout balls and was huge in the engine room of the scrum. Ryan, Macken, Cooney & Auva'a were other stand outs. It was also great to see Berquist back its a shame he didn't get more time at Leinster.

massively so. Really hope he can help turn things around at Biarritz. Was a guy I was unhappy not to see much of, but Madigan has answered the call.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Neil3030 wrote: »
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/9633.php

What genius decided that Brad Thorn warranted no mention whatsoever in the report? Has anyone a link to a report which at least mentions how he got on?
    I heard that they did a lot of moves off lineouts in the first half to get him used to the Leinster calls. Maybe they wanted to keep that on the down low.

Supposedly he improved through the half and picked up a couple of lineout steals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭roycon

shaungil wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about Alan O'Connor who came on at lock.
    Alan O'connor came through skerries and was on the same team as Mikey sherlock who is Leinster academy and Ireland u20 last year and is underage again this year but injured. They won the Club all ireland u 16 competition. He joined UCD out of school and has appeared for Leinster under 20's a few times. Hvebeen told that he is a serious performer for UCD but haven't seen him myself not that I'd be any judge[/QUOTE]

has played a few times for UCD seniors this year.about 6'5 very tough lad. he'll probably be playing more with ucd seniors now that flanagan will be playing for leinster. in a donnacha ryan sort of mold of player

the ucd u20s have been beating everyone. there pack have jordan coughlan, al oconnor and conor gilsenan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

“Tighthead lock doesn’t change that much no matter where you go in the world. Just get in amongst it. I’m not really flashy. I hope the people who came down here today weren’t disappointed. I’m not really one who scores 50 metre tries.
    This guy doesn't sound like an adequate replacement for Leo Cullen at all.

This guy doesn't sound like an adequate replacement for Leo Cullen at all.
    He is just being modest
    http://twitter.com/#!/seancronin2
    Its true , Brad thorn kicked off in the A game 2day, he caught de kick off,handed off 10,scored in d corner nd den back heeled d conversion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Seems like a good guy, and he's a great player. Should benefit Leinster hugely.

I'd still take POC over him every day of the week :p

Any word on Isaac Boss. I know that he had to go to NZ for personal reasons but does anyone know if he is back yet or when he will be back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

All kinds of crazy rumours on the Leinster Fans forums about Boss if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

ongarite wrote: »
    All kinds of crazy rumours on the Leinster Fans forums about Boss if your interested.

He was abducted by rugby loving aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Any news on Mike Ross's injury?

He looked in a lot of discomfort when he came off. He's central to our Rabo and Heineken ambitions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Profiler wrote: »
    Any news on Mike Ross's injury?

He looked in a lot of discomfort when he came off. He's central to our Rabo and Heineken ambitions.

As far as I know he had a crick in his neck he sustained in the first scrum yesterday. Bad news for us is that he played on for another 30 mins against Rowntree's scrum pastilles.

Source: Sky Sports Teletext

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Sindri wrote: »
    Teletext

a-long-time-ago-in-a-galaxy-far-far-away.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It will be lovely to forget about the latest international window with some provincial rugby.

This weekend (Friday night?) Leinster play Ospreys. Could be very exciting... BOD to come back? Thorn to make his debut? I'd imagine the internationals will be rested?

Id like to see:

VDM, Strauss, Hagan; Browne, Toner; McL, Ryan, Auva'a; Boss, Madigan; Fitzgerald, McFadden, O'Malley, D. Kearney; Nacewa

Cronin, McGrath, White, Thorn, Ruddock, Cooney, Reid, O'Driscoll

Hagan over White because he could well be our backup in the H Cup so we should get him some game time. Thorn should earn his place from the bench (considering Browne obviously isn't going to have that surgery)... If McFadden is rested I'm sure we'll see Macken.

Is Boss back?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

It will be lovely to forget about the latest international window with some provincial rugby.

This weekend (Friday night?) Leinster play Ospreys. Could be very exciting... BOD to come back? Thorn to make his debut? I'd imagine the internationals will be rested?

Id like to see:

VDM, Strauss, Hagan; Browne, Toner; McL, Ryan, Auva'a; Boss, Madigan; Fitzgerald, McFadden, O'Malley, D. Kearney; Nacewa

Hagan over White because he could well be our backup in the H Cup so we should get him some game time. Thorn should earn his place from the bench (considering Browne obviously isn't going to have that surgery)... If McFadden is rested I'm sure we'll see Macken.

Is Boss back?

BOD wearing 23 would seem so, so wrong.

In reality though, that's pretty much the team I would pick. Although it would be nice to see how Hagan goes after the debacle yesterday and the reasons you state, but I wouldn't mind seeing McGrath/White either. So long as there is 1 of White/VdM and 1 of Hagan/McGrath.

Can Thorn go straight in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Possibly already commented on, but BBC are reporting that Warburton may miss Wales' summer tour; if he is missing for the hc quarter final, that will be only massive for Leinster.

• Advertisement

Possibly already commented on, but BBC are reporting that Warburton may miss Wales' summer tour; if he is missing for the hc quarter final, that will be only massive for Leinster.

Is he injured? He seems to missing quite a few games over the last while.

Sindri wrote: »
    Is he injured? He seems to missing quite a few games over the last while.
    has been suffering injuries constantly since the RWC, came off in every 6Ns game he played at some point iirc

Id like to see:

Is Boss back?

Just curious but Reid can cover 12 can't he? If so in case of any injury in the backs Reid can come in for who ever is injured and McFadden can shift out. Just because I wouldn't want to see BOD having to come on due to injury early in the game if he isn't ready for 80 minutes. Perhaps Conway on the bench leaving Nacewa to cover 10 and Conway covering back 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Hagz wrote: »

BOD back! Excellent. Things are coming together nicely on the fitness front for the run in..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

So looks like well have BOD and Cullen back soon!

Mike Ross back for Munster!

I need to get used to feeling happy about rugby again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

Looking forward to the game on Friday. Feels like its been ages since the last home game.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

ongarite wrote: »
    Looking forward to the game on Friday. Feels like its been ages since the last home game.

It has! Almost a month... Getting Leinster withdrawls...

.ak wrote: »
    It has! Almost a month... Getting Leinster withdrawls...

19 days to go. ;)

ERC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Dyin' to get to a game.

My team for ospreys assuming fitness etc:
    vdm, Cronin,White
    Cullen, Toner
    Ruddock Jennings Auvaa

Boss?? Madigan

Fitzgerald McFadden BOD d Kearney
    Nacewa

Strauss McGrath Hagen Thorn Ryan Cooney Berquist Carr.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'd like to see one of Hagan or McGrath starting. I think it's more likely Cullen will be brought off the bench as well. It's a tricky one - I think Thorn/Toner would be the better partnership then Thorn/Cullen, so the more time they have together the better. I dunno how likely it is that Cullen wouldn't start if fit though.
    There's no word on Boss in the release (understandably), imagine Cooney might be in line for a start. BOD in the 23 jersey would be just plain wrong.

McGrath Cronin White
    Thorn Toner
    Ruddock Au'va Jennings
    Cooney Madigan
    Fitzgerald McFadden BOD Kearney
    Nacewa

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement