Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Brad Thorn only made it through a half before being subbed.

That bad?:P
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/9633.php

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

They had better show all the highlights on LTV....

Why did Thorn come off I wonder? Better not be injured!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

.ak wrote: »
    They had better show all the highlights on LTV....

Why did Thorn come off I wonder? Better not be injured!
    I'd imagine he came off to prevent just that.

Can you imagine splashing out like Leinster have only to injure your messiah in a friendly against Connacht A?

Can you imagine splashing out like Leinster have only to injure your messiah in a friendly against Connacht A?

I didn't know Luke McGrath was playing?

:P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

agreed he was probably played just to give him a run out

Does anyone know anything about Alan O'Connor who came on at lock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

With the B&I semi moved to the RDS and with season ticket holders getting in for free, how many do ye reckon will go to the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

With the B&I semi moved to the RDS and with season ticket holders getting in for free, how many do ye reckon will go to the game?

A lot! With it being a holiday weekend and the Heineken match the next day, this is a bonus. I am a season ticket holder and have never been to a Leinster A match, but I'm not missing this. And I know several others doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Well Donnybrook holds 6,000 so Leinster must be expecting quite a lot more than that as I imagine they'll have to pay rent to the RDS to open it up. I'm kinda surprised they moved it because I think more than 6,000 would be a very good attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Nope you've missed a trick lads.
    Rds is now a designated national stadium which means it can sell booze on Good Friday. Just like thomond could last year.

Donnybrook cannot sell booze .
    It makes no other sense. Season ticket holders are free so most of the crowd won't pay in at all. But if you can sell them drink and nobody else can......

http://www.thejournal.ie/rds-joins-the-ranks-of-irelands-national-sporting-arenas-364161-Feb2012/

Genius. I'll drink to that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Not a bad theory, Durka. To be honest, I'd be surprised if more than half of season ticket holders showed up. Despite it being Good Friday, it's a working day and 6pm is of no use to a large number of us. There's no way I can make that and I assume the same would apply to many.

Most people don't work on good Friday. Wait till you see how light the traffic is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

durkadurka wrote: »
    Most people don't work on good Friday. Wait till you see how light the traffic is.

I'll see it from my desk! :(

GerM wrote: »
    Not a bad theory, Durka. To be honest, I'd be surprised if more than half of season ticket holders showed up. Despite it being Good Friday, it's a working day and 6pm is of no use to a large number of us. There's no way I can make that and I assume the same would apply to many.

Are you kidding? somewhere that serves drink and free rugby on good Friday? I'm getting off work at 4 and so is the boss! :D

They should market it as:

BOOZE ON GOOD FRIDAY

With a rugby match in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

durkadurka wrote: »
    Nope you've missed a trick lads.
    Rds is now a designated national stadium which means it can sell booze on Good Friday. Just like thomond could last year.

Donnybrook cannot sell booze .
    It makes no other sense. Season ticket holders are free so most of the crowd won't pay in at all. But if you can sell them drink and nobody else can......

http://www.thejournal.ie/rds-joins-the-ranks-of-irelands-national-sporting-arenas-364161-Feb2012/

Excellent work durka-columbo! Mystery solved.

We're through the looking glass here folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Does anyone know anything about Alan O'Connor who came on at lock.[/QUOTE]
    Alan O'connor came through skerries and was on the same team as Mikey sherlock who is Leinster academy and Ireland u20 last year and is underage again this year but injured. They won the Club all ireland u 16 competition. He joined UCD out of school and has appeared for Leinster under 20's a few times. Hvebeen told that he is a serious performer for UCD but haven't seen him myself not that I'd be any judge

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I'm getting the impression that Shaggy is gone for good. We've heard nothing about how his rehab is going and he's already been out the whole season.

At 33, he doesn't have many years left anyway. If he still isn't fit by summer do you think he'll decide to retire. There's no guarantee he'll be the same player when he returns, if he even does.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Just booked my Q final tickets :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Clegg wrote: »
    I'm getting the impression that Shaggy is gone for good. We've heard nothing about how his rehab is going and he's already been out the whole season.

At 33, he doesn't have many years left anyway. If he still isn't fit by summer do you think he'll decide to retire. There's no guarantee he'll be the same player when he returns, if he even does.

Shaggy is gone. Privately confirmed. No public announcement as Leinster Rugby are running medical tests, but it's insurance / contract formalities. He's not coming back sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I've heard pretty much the same thing. Didn't want to believe it though.

I'm still going to hold out in vain hope until the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Sad if true! Such a reliable presence in Leinster, and who could ever forget that try for Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Shaggy is gone. Privately confirmed. No public announcement as Leinster Rugby are running medical tests, but it's insurance / contract formalities. He's not coming back sadly.

Gutted..
    It was in the Magners League final last year that he injured his knee?
    Must have been a serious problem to not come back from it.

Gutted for him. Still hes had a Great career. Genuine Leinster galactico.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,982 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

What genius decided that Brad Thorn warranted no mention whatsoever in the report? Has anyone a link to a report which at least mentions how he got on?

Neil3030 wrote: »

What genius decided that Brad Thorn warranted no mention whatsoever in the report? Has anyone a link to a report which at least mentions how he got on?

Ah he's a bit of a DOC you see, a lot of 'unseen' work! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Neil3030 wrote: »

Maybe he didn't do anything worth reporting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Maybe he didn't do anything worth reporting on?

oh dear god I can already here the chants of "are you sykes in disguise" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

[Jackass] wrote: »

Truthfully if this does turn out to be true I wouldn't be too surprised as I already thought it would of been the case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement