Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Not sure on the point of starting Thorn. It's not like he needs game time....or does he? 15 months without a break and sneaking up on 40, I'd rest him as long as possible, but obviously the Leinster staff know best.

Very good team, a sign of the team v Munster A which is promising. Lightening quick back 3, very strong backline and pack, very happy.

A great occasion for the Connacht A pack. I'm not sure any of them who were watching the world cup final not so long ago thought that they would get to go head to head with one of them so soon. Great occasion and oppertunity for Flanagan also, not many better men in the world to learn from, hopefully himself and Toner can really develop a lot during his time here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Not sure on the point of starting Thorn. It's not like he needs game time....or does he? 15 months without a break and sneaking up on 40, I'd rest him as long as possible, but obviously the Leinster staff know best.

Very good team, a sign of the team v Munster A which is promising. Lightening quick back 3, very strong backline and pack, very happy.

A great occasion for the Connacht A pack. I'm not sure any of them who were watching the world cup final not so long ago thought that they would get to go head to head with one of them so soon. Great occasion and oppertunity for Flanagan also, not many better men in the world to learn from, hopefully himself and Toner can really develop a lot during his time here.

Think it'd be a decent time for him to test out all the calls and whatnot.

Anyone going to the A game today?

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Would love to but it's on too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

.ak wrote: »
    Anyone going to the A game today?

Would love to, in work though :( Hope there are some highlights up on ltv afterwards.

• Advertisement

Yeah. I wonder why they couldn't have it on a bit later, stuck in work also... ugh, and now the sun is shining... I wonder if I'd be missed for a few hours? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah. I wonder why they couldn't have it on a bit later, stuck in work also... ugh, and now the sun is shining... I wonder if I'd be missed for a few hours? :D
    Apparently Connacht don't have the budget to get their A team a hotel/hostel so it needed to be at a time where the team could do a day trip which is understandable but if thats how the situation was they should have done it at the weekend maybe so people could make it. Hell play the game tonight charge €3 at the gate and put the Connacht lads up in a hostel overnight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Gonna head along later, looking forward to it. Delighted for the young lads getting to play with such a legend of the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Delighted for the young lads getting to play with such a legend of the game.
    I'm wondering if the reason Thorn was picked for this game is that otherwise Flanagan might never get to play with him and playing with such a quality player (especially when you are the same position) has to be educational

Think it'll be Thorn who'll be getting educated tbh... And I don't mean that in a funny way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I wonder if Brad Thorn ever thought he'd be lucky enough to play at the second highest level in leinster provincial rugby?

It's rare enough but it is always nice to see someone from a minnow like New Zealand make it this far. It'll probably be very emotional for the lad.

He might choke on the occasion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Doesn't matter if he does, I head Craig Joubert will be reffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,982 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Relegated to the A's already. What a flop of a signing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

just saw on facebook leinster 7 - 0 connacht 10 mins gone.

Macken try. Berqy con.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Auva'a gets two tries in 5 minutes. From all accounts game seems to be going as expected, 19-0.

HT 19-0 Leinster.

Have a day off too, wish I was in Dublin, would have loved to see this.

Macken 2nd try converted, 26-0.

I fear this will be a bad day for the men in green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,982 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

DD9090 wrote: »
    I fear this will be a bad day for the men in green.

Aye, though tbf that Leinster pack is Pro12 standard.

EDIT: possibly higher, in fact.

Berquist pen, followed by Hudson try converted by Noel Reid, 36-0.

Thorn went off at HT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭dougieruggie

Jack McGrath has been captaining Leinster A ahead of Rhys Ruddock for the last few outings.

Ruddock has captained the Leinster first side, wonder why he isn't captaining the As?

Tox56 wrote: »
    Berquist pen, followed by Hudson try converted by Noel Reid, 36-0.

Thorn went off at HT.

Are you watching the game?

DD9090 wrote: »
    Are you watching the game?

No, there were a few people on twitter earlier giving more detail, but now just Leinster official twitter updates on the score.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Jack McGrath has been captaining Leinster A ahead of Rhys Ruddock for the last few outings.

Ruddock has captained the Leinster first side, wonder why he isn't captaining the As?

Think he's the A's captain so will more likely be captaining them for the semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Has Ruddock been available for all the A games? Maybe they wanted to appoint a captain that would likely play all the A games, for consistency purposes.

Tox56 wrote: »
    No, there were a few people on twitter earlier giving more detail, but now just Leinster official twitter updates on the score.

Cool, will head over.

Was just wondering how Thorn got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

FT: Leinster 50 : 0 Connacht

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭dougieruggie

prospect wrote: »
    FT: Leinster 50 : 0 Connacht

jesus christ.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement