Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long did it take you to get over ex

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Bonito wrote: »
    Madness. :)

Not too many I hope. I kinda like being in the one spot. :)

I know what you mean. Its one thing to hear that someone likes you or to be chatted up on a night out but to go through the revolving door is quite another. Not something I'd be overly keen on either.
    However, as I keep telling myself, I have lots to offer anyone who is right for me, am fun, attractive, intelligent, no nuttier than your average person, strong, supportive and up for anything and there will be someone out there.
    Bonito you, like the rest of us here, just have to give yourself time to heal and recover (easier said that done I know given that I've just had a crappy crappy month) and you'll come out the other side stronger and better for it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

I know what you mean. Its one thing to hear that someone likes you or to be chatted up on a night out but to go through the revolving door is quite another. Not something I'd be overly keen on either.
    However, as I keep telling myself, I have lots to offer anyone who is right for me, am fun, attractive, intelligent, no nuttier than your average person, strong, supportive and up for anything and there will be someone out there.
    Bonito you, like the rest of us here, just have to give yourself time to heal and recover (easier said that done I know given that I've just had a crappy crappy month) and you'll come out the other side stronger and better for it. :)
    Oh, no I'm good. :) Her stupid decisions don't affect me and she has no hold over me anymore. What I can't understand is why is she rushing? I mean, if they're so perfect and ftted, why rush? Is she just desperate to be shacked up? Doing it to spite me? A mix of both? All she's doing is fecking herself around. :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

papagormo wrote: »
    really wish i didnt chat to the ex via facebook chat thing,
    went and set myself back nearly 5 months
    jaysus, it hurts

I know what you mean. But at the same time, I'm desperate for my ex to start a chat with me. We're only broken up two weeks, and I still can't get my head around it. Days like today, with weather like this, make me miss him more than I can put into words.

Oh, no I'm good. :) Her stupid decisions don't affect me and she has no hold over me anymore. What I can't understand is why is she rushing? I mean, if they're so perfect and ftted, why rush? Is she just desperate to be shacked up? Doing it to spite me? A mix of both? All she's doing is fecking herself around. :confused:

Some people just want to be married and set a whole lot of store by that. In fact so much store sometimes, that they don't stop to think about what being married to someone actually is about. This can also be all the more true if her friends are/ or are getting married.
    She may also be doing it to spite you especially if this was part of the reason why you guys broke up. If she is then that makes it even more silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Faith wrote: »
    I know what you mean. But at the same time, I'm desperate for my ex to start a chat with me. We're only broken up two weeks, and I still can't get my head around it. Days like today, with weather like this, make me miss him more than I can put into words.

The chatting really does set you back but its still nice and you get so used to talking to them and its head to break a habit of x years!!! It will get easier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Faith wrote: »

take it from a lad who has literally just put his hand into the fire-no matter how ready you feel you are to talk to the love of your life who is also your ex, chances are you arent.
    basically i asked was there any chance of anything happening down the line and she said she didnt see it happening, although she still thinks she loves me, beacuse of my own issues and of the difficult break up we have gone through she didnt see a future.
    i told her i didnt really understand, and said that the chances of two people finding/connecting/loving one another the way we did are so far and few that when it does finally happen, you should grab onto it with both hands and hold on as tightly as you can.
    she replyed with "as i said, take care"

burnt..

Some people just want to be married and set a whole lot of store by that. In fact so much store sometimes, that they don't stop to think about what being married to someone actually is about. This can also be all the more true if her friends are/ or are getting married.
    She may also be doing it to spite you especially if this was part of the reason why you guys broke up. If she is then that makes it even more silly.
    Nope. TBH the majority of her friends are hussies who sleep around and have strings of BF's. :D Doesn't reflect her at all. If his relationship with his ex was anything like mine and hers then there is no hope in hell he was ready for her after we broke up. I guess that would reflect on her too. I just fail to understand some people. :)

take it from a lad who has literally just put his hand into the fire-no matter how ready you feel you are to talk to the love of your life who is also your ex, chances are you arent.
    basically i asked was there any chance of anything happening down the line and she said she didnt see it happening, although she still thinks she loves me, beacuse of my own issues and of the difficult break up we have gone through she didnt see a future.
    i told her i didnt really understand, and said that the chances of two people finding/connecting/loving one another the way we did are so far and few that when it does finally happen, you should grab onto it with both hands and hold on as tightly as you can.

burnt..

Ouch. :(

Ouch. :(

i know..no matter how much you tell yourself it will be alright, you will get through all this sh!t and move on and eventually find someone else ten times better and who treats you ten times better, the fact of the matter is simple: sometimes when its very dark, its very hard to see whats on the road ahead.
    i really bloody loved her and i thought she really bloody loved me.
    more fool me eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

Nope. TBH the majority of her friends are hussies who sleep around and have strings of BF's. :D Doesn't reflect her at all. If his relationship with his ex was anything like mine and hers then there is no hope in hell he was ready for her after we broke up. I guess that would reflect on her too. I just fail to understand some people. :)[/QUOTE

It sounds like neither of them wants to be alone at least when you do meet someone else you will know it's the real deal and you're together for the right reasons. Best of luck to them but the odds are stacked against them imho

• Advertisement

i know..no matter how much you tell yourself it will be alright, you will get through all this sh!t and move on and eventually find someone else ten times better and who treats you ten times better, the fact of the matter is simple: sometimes when its very dark, its very hard to see whats on the road ahead.
    more fool me eh.

Hey, you and me both. My ex always told me how much he loved me, how I was the best thing that ever had, ever would happen to him, I was the most beautiful, sexy, etc etc girl ever. He could never see himself with anyone else, I was the love of his life and he wanted to spend the rest of his live with me BUT he would never ever consider marrying me or having children with me, or moving house (we were living in a house I had bought and lived in for 3 years before he moved in).
    So essentially if I was willing to stay with things the same way they had been since I was 25/26 then that would be great but if I ever wanted things to change even a tiny bit then he wouldn't be on for that.
    What he was saying was that he loved me in a very small way and either I was with that or I wasn't. This all came out after 2 years of " we will we won't get married, we will we won't move" basically we will we won't grow in our relationship.
    I look to my older sister for inspiration that things will get better. Long story very short, she had been living abroad, met this guy, they were engaged, she came home, he fell off the face of the earth. Turns out he had been engaged to someone else all along and was using her. She was devestated and all faith in herself and others was destroyed. A year or two later she met this other guy who was so besotted with her that he couldn't believe his luck when she said yes to going on a date with him.
    They celebrate their 10 year wedding anniversary this June and have 3 amazing kids. To this day, he still worships the ground she walks on. Yes they bug each other, and fight with each other as all people do, but he still can't believe his luck that she even went on a date with him never mind married him.
    Someone who thinks that much of me..........well thats what I'm after when I'm ready. You'll get it too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Pembily wrote: »
    The chatting really does set you back but its still nice and you get so used to talking to them and its head to break a habit of x years!!! It will get easier!

The chatting definitely can set you back as it brings back memories of happy relaxed times with your ex.

I think I am over my ex but I still think it was a sad way for a relationship to end but crap happens. That really is life.

After the amazing weekend I had it would wake anyone up and make them realise how much more happiness is out there! Be that with new relationships or new friends or old mates!

I've done my time and I'm not going to let the past cling onto me anymore.

*Feics all the Past off a big cliff*

:D

tink2 wrote: »
    Nope. TBH the majority of her friends are hussies who sleep around and have strings of BF's. :D Doesn't reflect her at all. If his relationship with his ex was anything like mine and hers then there is no hope in hell he was ready for her after we broke up. I guess that would reflect on her too. I just fail to understand some people. :)[/QUOTE

It sounds like neither of them wants to be alone at least when you do meet someone else you will know it's the real deal and you're together for the right reasons. Best of luck to them but the odds are stacked against them imho

Yet stacked heavily in favour of syphilis:D

Hey, you and me both. My ex always told me how much he loved me, how I was the best thing that ever had, ever would happen to him, I was the most beautiful, sexy, etc etc girl ever. He could never see himself with anyone else, I was the love of his life and he wanted to spend the rest of his live with me
    Then you see them reciting all this bull to their new partner and shake your head thinking "That's what I was told."
    Long story very short, she had been living abroad, met this guy, they were engaged, she came home, he fell off the face of the earth. Turns out he had been engaged to someone else all along and was using her. She was devestated and all faith in herself and others was destroyed. A year or two later she met this other guy who was so besotted with her that he couldn't believe his luck when she said yes to going on a date with him.
    Ouch the poor girl. :( I hope this has a happy ending?
    They celebrate their 10 year wedding anniversary this June and have 3 amazing kids. To this day, he still worships the ground she walks on. Yes they bug each other, and fight with each other as all people do, but he still can't believe his luck that she even went on a date with him never mind married him.
    Someone who thinks that much of me..........well thats what I'm after when I'm ready. You'll get it too. :)
    Ah, here it is. :)

Well, she didn't get it from me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

LOL that's karma baby!

Well, she didn't get it from me. :D

LOL.

LOL that's karma baby!

Its a bitch but fun to watch:D

Then you see them reciting all this bull to their new partner and shake your head thinking "That's what I was told." Ouch the poor girl. :( I hope this has a happy ending?

Ah, here it is. :)

and although she is my sister and absolutely fantastic (as my entire family have been all through this break up. I really lucked out with them and they're great) she is as ordinary a person as you or me. If she can get the happy ending then there is nothing stopping either of us having one too. .....granted her kids do wake up a little earlier than she'd like but you can't have it every which way and they make up for it by being super cute and funny.

and although she is my sister and absolutely fantastic (as my entire family have been all through this break up. I really lucked out with them and they're great) she is as ordinary a person as you or me. If she can get the happy ending then there is nothing stopping either of us having one too. .....granted her kids do wake up a little earlier than she'd like but you can't have it every which way and they make up for it by being super cute and funny.
    Not thinking about kids just yet TBH. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

burnt..

Ouch :(. That's harsh. I saw my ex on Friday night to get stuff back from him (he finished with me, I was devastated, still am). I was as friendly as I could be, because I felt that, by being cold, I'd only confirm that he didn't want to be with me. I asked him had he changed his mind, and he said no, not at that point. But he also said "You never know, I might come grovelling back some day...", to which I replied "I won't be around forever". I know we had our problems, and things were rubbish at the end, but I also know we loved each other a huge amount, and our problems could have been worked out. But he preferred to run away than face up to them.
    more fool me eh.

That's exactly where I'm at at the moment. I know life goes on, I know I'm young and will meet someone better, but right now that's absolutely no fúcking comfort at all.

/edit: God I really hope he doesn't stalk my posts! :o

• Advertisement

Not thinking about kids just yet TBH. :D

No, me neither.
    However, when things were leading to my break up I wans't prepared to say, "ok I'll agree to never ever want kids just to stay with you".
    I adore my nieces and nephews and they are such fun but they are great to give back to their mum and dad too and seeing the hard work that goes with the good stuff and how tired my sister can be, really makes me certain that starting a family is something I'd have to be 100% certain I wanted and with someone who was equally certain.
    Can you imagine if I'd been so desperate to have my ex in my life that I agreed to no kids and accidently fell pregnant at some stage:eek: The worry and fear would have been awful.

No, me neither.
    However, when things were leading to my break up I wans't prepared to say, "ok I'll agree to never ever want kids just to stay with you".
    I adore my nieces and nephews and they are such fun but they are great to give back to their mum and dad too and seeing the hard work that goes with the good stuff and how tired my sister can be, really makes me certain that starting a family is something I'd have to be 100% certain I wanted and with someone who was equally certain.
    Can you imagine if I'd been so desperate to have my ex in my life that I agreed to no kids and accidently fell pregnant at some stage:eek: The worry and fear would have been awful.
    Well that's the compromise I guess. Change yourself and your wants to suit your partner or, change your partner to be more in tune with your wants and aspects in life. I certainly prefer the latter. :)

Hey, you and me both. My ex always told me how much he loved me, how I was the best thing that ever had, ever would happen to him, I was the most beautiful, sexy, etc etc girl ever. He could never see himself with anyone else, I was the love of his life and he wanted to spend the rest of his live with me BUT he would never ever consider marrying me or having children with me, or moving house (we were living in a house I had bought and lived in for 3 years before he moved in).
    So essentially if I was willing to stay with things the same way they had been since I was 25/26 then that would be great but if I ever wanted things to change even a tiny bit then he wouldn't be on for that.
    What he was saying was that he loved me in a very small way and either I was with that or I wasn't. This all came out after 2 years of " we will we won't get married, we will we won't move" basically we will we won't grow in our relationship.
    I look to my older sister for inspiration that things will get better. Long story very short, she had been living abroad, met this guy, they were engaged, she came home, he fell off the face of the earth. Turns out he had been engaged to someone else all along and was using her. She was devestated and all faith in herself and others was destroyed. A year or two later she met this other guy who was so besotted with her that he couldn't believe his luck when she said yes to going on a date with him.

good god, sounds like you had a lucky escape with your ex then, progressoin is what its all about i would have imagined, maybe not in leaps and bounds but when hes living with you already surely he must have at the very least thought about settling down and starting a family. thats an aweful thing to happen to your sister, i cant believe there are some people out there that would do that to someone. again, lucky for her the real love of her life found his way into her life.
    me and my lady were together for 2.5 years, firstly 9months, then she went off to go travelling for 15 months, we stayed together, constant contact every day, i went out and visited her twice, she came home, broke it off with me, then came back to me, things were going along nicely until i hear that some bloke had been after her while she was abroad, kissed her, and she kept up contact even when she was home with me! i understand why she didnt tell me about the kiss, but at the same time my trust levels was shot, i tried sticking it out by it was always at the back of my mind. so i said my goodbyes,not only to my girl but to someone i thought of as my best friend too. gone were those thought i had of one day settling down with this person, sharing our lives and our childrens lives, all those tohughts, gone. it broke my heart doing so too, but i just felt so hurt/lost/betrayed. i know a kiss on hol sounds so trivial, but there arent too many lads that can hand on heart say they waited 15 months faithfully for a girl, i can. i did think i was getting the same respect back. the fact that she knew yer man was after her and she still kept up contact-wheres the respect towards me i ask?!
    im sure down the line i will get over it all, but for now, 5 months down the track, ive asked her back countless number of times, got the no answer.these be dark days to have to go through, if my missus "right" were to walse into my life, id probably not even see her! its such a sickener, having to go to sleep each night, thinking of every ifs and buts you can imagine, dreaming of them, waking up, thinking of them again. its a bloody difficult to get out of, but i guess if times the healer, we just got to stick it out and hope for the best..

i need a hug

good god, sounds like you had a lucky escape with your ex then, progressoin is what its all about i would have imagined, maybe not in leaps and bounds but when hes living with you already surely he must have at the very least thought about settling down and starting a family. thats an aweful thing to happen to your sister, i cant believe there are some people out there that would do that to someone. again, lucky for her the real love of her life found his way into her life.
    me and my lady were together for 9months, she went off to go travelling for 15 months, we stayed together, constant contact every day, i went out and visited her twice, she came home, broke it off with me, then came back to me, things were going along nicely until i hear that some bloke had been after her while she was abroad, kissed her, and she kept up contact even when she was home with me! i understand why she didnt tell me about the kiss, but at the same time my trust levels was shot, i tried sticking it out by it was always at the back of my mind. so i said my goodbyes,not only to my girl but to someone i thought of as my best friend too. gone were those thought i had of one day settling down with this person, sharing our lives and our childrens lives, all those tohughts, gone. it broke my heart doing so too, but i just felt so hurt/lost/betrayed. i know a kiss on hol sounds so trivial, but there arent too many lads that can hand on heart say they waited 15 months faithfully for a girl, i can. i did think i was getting the same respect back. the fact that she knew yer man was after her and she still kept up contact-wheres the respect towards me i ask?!
    im sure down the line i will get over it all, but for now, 5 months down the track, ive asked her back countless number of times, got the no answer.these be dark days to have to go through, if my missus "right" were to walse into my life, id probably not even see her! its such a sickener, having to go to sleep each night, thinking of every ifs and buts you can imagine, dreaming of them, waking up, thinking of them again. its a bloody difficult to get out of, but i guess if times the healer, we just got to stick it out and hope for the best..

i need a hug

Giving you a huge one.......hug that is:D
    Its funny how many cliches you hear when you break up but one of them that is actually true and as the months (granted they've been few enough so far) pass, the cliche to "allow time, time" isn't the worst of them. That said I'm dying for the day when I'm not aware of the rawness of the situation, the aloneness of watching tv, seeing something funny and not having someone to laugh at it with, finally passes but it will eventally.

I know that if I pushed it I could get back with my ex but as well as remembering the good times, I make myself remember the bad times too and over the last 18 months there were enough of them too. They were so bad that they make the nostalgia of the good ones wash away. I know that if I got back with him it would be on his terms only and that is no way to live a life.
    When you break up with someone you are really and truly in love with you do it for a good strong reason not on a whim and there is no going back. If you got back with your ex would you ever truly trust her? Probably not and you'd spend forever questioning, being suspicious of every late night at work, and in the end poison yourself totally.
    RE: my lucky escape, you're right. I'd have spent all of our lives together fighting for every improvement, every change, every everything and that is exhausting. All relationships need to progress to stay alive. We weren't kids either when we moved in together and at 32 wanting to be open to the discussion of marriage and potential children isn't rushing things either. Although he had many good attributes and was a good person I know that I will be better off without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

about an hour ago i got a text message from the latest girl that i was seeing, was out with her a few times the past couple of weeks and last night too. all her friends were out too. then she disappeared and didn't answer her phone. the message i got today was that her heart lies elsewhere.
    i'm on a roll here. i'll add her to the list along with the girl who wanted to share me with her ex after a few months of going out, and the girl who still texts me out of the blue to let me know she's thinking of me even though she won't meet up.

next please!!

cheers for the embrace, right back at you!
    yeah i know, its those little things that really knock me for 6 sometimes, you see/hear something and it reminds you of that time when you and her did such and such a thing, it may have been so trivial yet in the moment its priceless. and then being reminded of it down the line when ye are all broke up and trying your damdest to move on, it just really sucker punches you out of the blue.
    we fought like cats and dogs sometimes but my god when times were good i really felt it and experienced it with open arms. its amazing how much you acn actually "feel" being happy.
    im going around telling myself its always darkest before dawn, so stick it out as it is possible to get through it, but at times even thats not enough, and a good oul fashioned sit down and reflect is the only remedy. your right, id always be looking over my shoulder wondering am i being made a mug of, and in your situation sounds like you would always be wanting more and getting more and more frustrated and not getting what you want from the relationship. we both deserve better, hopefully some good karma will start weaving its way in our directions, we could well do with the pick up!

(we could begin by setting up a lonely hearts club right here on boards!:D)
    hay, thanks for listening, sharing, and everything else. its in some ways refreshing to hear that there are others going through the same times.

cheers for the embrace, right back at you!
    yeah i know, its those little things that really knock me for 6 sometimes, you see/hear something and it reminds you of that time when you and her did such and such a thing, it may have been so trivial yet in the moment its priceless. and then being reminded of it down the line when ye are all broke up and trying your damdest to move on, it just really sucker punches you out of the blue.
    we fought like cats and dogs sometimes but my god when times were good i really felt it and experienced it with open arms. its amazing how much you acn actually "feel" being happy.
    im going around telling myself its always darkest before dawn, so stick it out as it is possible to get through it, but at times even thats not enough, and a good oul fashioned sit down and reflect is the only remedy. your right, id always be looking over my shoulder wondering am i being made a mug of, and in your situation sounds like you would always be wanting more and getting more and more frustrated and not getting what you want from the relationship. we both deserve better, hopefully some good karma will start weaving its way in our directions, we could well do with the pick up!

(we could begin by setting up a lonely hearts club right here on boards!:D)
    hay, thanks for listening, sharing, and everything else. its in some ways refreshing to hear that there are others going through the same times.

Funny and all as it sounds but discovering this thread towards the end of last week has really helped me. Its so easy to think that you're the only one going through this and no one understands etc etc. Then I found all of the other squashed broken hearted people and realised that all too sadly there are loads of people who are in the same boat.
    Lonely Hearts Club night out could be the best thing ever. Maybe we should do it! Again, have a night out not the actual IT, although if I'm single for much longer no man may be safe:o
    Off to bed now as work again tomorrow, have a good week. PM if you ever want to chat, moan, cry, vent, whatever.

Funny and all as it sounds but discovering this thread towards the end of last week has really helped me. Its so easy to think that you're the only one going through this and no one understands etc etc. Then I found all of the other squashed broken hearted people and realised that all too sadly there are loads of people who are in the same boat.
    Lonely Hearts Club night out could be the best thing ever. Maybe we should do it! Again, have a night out not the actual IT, although if I'm single for much longer no man may be safe:o
    Off to bed now as work again tomorrow, have a good week. PM if you ever want to chat, moan, cry, vent, whatever.

hah! yeah we could be on to something there alright!
    i was out last night, the wimmins of dundalk were quite safe, i had neither the intentions/smooth pick up lines or anything else required to approach a lady! i did get chatted up by a bloke though, so ahhh...well that topped my night!
    ditto on the pm if your in need of a vent etc,
    time to hit the cot indeed, night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭Hooked

I'm coming up on 4 years out of long termer and to be honest I don't know if I (or the rest of us) will ever be over 'it'? Over her? Yes. The two are different IMO.

Found the going very tough for the first year, maybe 2? Most likely because of the manner in which it ended. Didn't see it coming and never expected her capable of the behavior. Must say that not having any contact made it easier when you read all the reasons for confronting an ex. Shared living, getting stuff back, kids, living in same town etc... So I got off lightly by comparison to some of these replies.

But as much as I've popped in and out of TLL and PI over the years for ways to understand the breakup, rebuild confidence and move forward, the one thing that's becoming obvious tonight reading through this thread has both a positive and negative twist... Depending on your glass!

There still appears to be a lot of kind, intelligent, 'decent' single ladies in my age bracket, which at first glance seems to be a good thing - no - a great thing! But, like myself, are probably once bitten, twice shy.

Maybe I just need to see the glass half full. I don't know!

I don't think you're ever fully "over" someone. Do I still think about her? No. Do I hate her for what she did? No. Do I still love her? No. It's been described in this thread like the 'death' of a loved one, the 'grief' we carry with us. The 'scars' that are left and the ability to trust again. Especially to someone who's had trust broken.

I think Penny Dreadful summarises it best:
    Love sucks, there you go, opening yourself up to someone, get dumped on and left alone with your bleeding heart. Fabulous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 whatthe...

sorry for hijacking this thread - i know its the 'ladies lounge' and all but i noticed the topic of the thread on the home page so hope ye dont mind me posting.

well i was with my ex for 5 and a half years. cutting a long story short, all my long term friends supported her when we split and left me face down in the dust. no kids or married or anything like that. there was a misunderstanding that was blown waaay out of proportion and i was the worst bloke on this earth even though for months on end i tried everything to get her back and more. instead of just telling me to 'f' off, i got no reply at all....from any attempt of trying to resolve things.

anyway, its 10, nearly eleven months on now. ive never felt so bad in all my life. i live on my own, work on my own in a studio at a computer and i know i have too much time on my hands to think. of course you go around and round in circles....nothing else to keep you busy. i joined the gym in january and go nearly every night but its still no social life. im 32 and not a friend in sight. hardest thing to take in was how this thing was all handled. friends left me, my gf is gone and im left to well......i dunno what to be doin........always 'hopin' that one day perhaps i might get a call, we were both gonna migrate, but thats all gone..........just by reading this thread i know im not the only one around that has the on/off days and the same symptoms.

Cant get over the dreams though........guess twice maybe three times a week i dream of talking to her, doing the things we did.........then i wake sweating and very anxious........and she's not there. kills me.

from having everything to nothing. hhhhmmmmmmmmmmm its hard to make friends these days to replace friends of more than 16 years. even harder to be myself. havent had a social drink since i broke up with her. the thoughts of goin home to an empty apt is sad. so, how do ye make friends these days. how do ye pick yourself up. feel like im standing still, but everyone is getting on with their perfect lives and enjoying themselves. swear i was 45 the way im goin on. reality is i actually feel a lot older. has left scars for sure. ones that had a major affect on me to the extent that i cant ever see me in another relationship or even thought of being with someone else. have really gone into myself. afraid to go out of my apartment, look to the ground if i decide to venture out to the shop. can remember being a happy chappy but that all seems like it was years ago. can never get that back. broken heart, empty life.

wonder if she feels the same. dunno why sometimes people cant say how they really feel and put their pride aside. if some of you still feel for your ex, why not do something about it. all i hear lately is people getting back with their ex's. wish i got that chance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement