Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

callaway92 wrote: »
    Whereabouts in Waterford is it actually? I'm going tomorrow. Would only be familiar with the City - Cork Road. also Dunmore road and Tramore road :/

Here you go 52.247022,-7.157314

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Eishtec are still taking people on.

I had an interview there last Thursday and never got a call back :S
    Interview went really well and I have a whole bunch more experience than friends who had interviews and got a call the same day. The joyss.

Kitty_Ears wrote: »

Interview went really well and I have a whole bunch more experience than friends who had interviews and got a call the same day. The joyss.

What did you apply for exactly? Sure look my brother whos a carpenter and never sold anything in his life, gets annoyed really easily and can barely use a computer got offered a job in sales out there :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

the positions are for smartphone customer care so no sales, there is full 4 weeks training so I think the interviews are more to see your personality than your knowledge or experience

• Advertisement

Kitty_Ears wrote: »

the job doesn't start till the end of the month so there is still time left

I've a lovely personality :L haha
    I'm emailing them anyways.
    Ughh. Umemployment, Do not want.

The bi*ch said she would ring me back when those interviews started :mad: Not that I like call centers anyway but still

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Doylers wrote: »
    The bi*ch said she would ring me back when those interviews started :mad: Not that I like call centers anyway but still

Know two other people who never got a call either from them. I had an interview for one of those FAS internship jobs and never got a phone call back. Ended up getting an email just fairly ignorant in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CharlieButton

Was told that they dont really bother with cvs that are emailed in, they respond faster to ones handed in supposedly

• Advertisement

The way that office is setup how could you had one in last time I was their they didnt have a reception I walked in n stood there until someone came over :rolleyes:

Was told that they dont really bother with cvs that are emailed in, they respond faster to ones handed in supposedly

I emailed mine in and got the call for first interview two days later

uppishhauk wrote: »

was that recently?

last week

any tips on what they ask if so?

yea, the interviews was mainly questions like

can you give an example are you did X

or

If X happened, what would you do

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Don't tell them you did X anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 P212

where did u email your cv to?

P212 wrote: »
    where did u email your cv to?

the email address is at the bottom of the page
    http://eishtec.com/careers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

the positions are for smartphone customer care so no sales, there is full 4 weeks training so I think the interviews are more to see your personality than your knowledge or experience

I'm surprised that Eishtec are going that route because its a mistake they've made already. The took on a bunch of people with no call-centre experience, then a few months ago they hired a heap of ex-talktalk people because they found that having knowledge and experience is handy.

• Advertisement

I'm surprised that Eishtec are going that route because its a mistake they've made already. The took on a bunch of people with no call-centre experience, then a few months ago they hired a heap of ex-talktalk people because they found that having knowledge and experience is handy.

Point and case, ex rigney dolphin employee here have worked in care and technical support know the iphone and android OS inside and out and repair broken iphones in my spare time, and I can get a look in :rolleyes:

Have an interview tomorrow for Premier Digital Ltd selling sky door to door :( Only plus is that the job is salary + commission was on the fas website

Edit: Did interview today, seems their looking for a few people in waterford, their targeting the main city and training is provided to try get UPC's customers mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shanley2011

anyone hear anything about three opening a call center or is it all just rumours

anyone hear anything about three opening a call center or is it all just rumours

Doubt it, sure rigney dolphin had three up until last year, three decided to move to india. I think there still like a few people in rigney but not many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jasser41

DupsTheKid wrote: »
    You'll have to watch a short DVD at the start, then you'll get called into a room for a 15 minute interview, then after that you'll get called into another room for a second interview. In the second interview you'll be asked similar questions but slightly different. They'll ask you questions about the DVD obviously. Questions such as;

How you resolved a customer complaint or conflict in the workplace?
    An example of good teamwork in the workplace.
    How you improved a work situation?

Learn about Abbott, you'll find info on their website or google. (amount of staff and what they do etc)

They'll also ask you about yourself and the usual stuff.

They want you to use STAR when answering questions about the different situations in the workplace. so try it if you can.

STAR = Situation, Task, Action, Result.

Good luck in your interview :)

Was hoping to organise a lift before I started (I start on Monday) but I'm sure I can sort something the first week. Have a friend living close to clonmel so think I'll be staying with him until I sort something. Glad to know I can put my name down for car sharing. Thanks for the info :)

well boy if ur still stuck for a lift theres 3 of us from waterford travelling up,dont know if ur on the a shift or the b shift, we,re on the a shift so if its any good to ya let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 14,387 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

jasser41 wrote: »
    well boy if ur still stuck for a lift theres 3 of us from waterford travelling up,dont know if ur on the a shift or the b shift, we,re on the a shift so if its any good to ya let us know

You're 4 months too late there, Jasser :confused:

Got a call from eishtech there still hiring for the tech support part time anyway. Got call off them 10 seconds after I was offered the premier digital job selling sky :D Then RK corporation called an wanted to setup and interview nice to feel wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 14,387 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Doylers wrote: »
    Got a call from eishtech there still hiring for the tech support part time anyway. Got call off them 10 seconds after I was offered the premier digital job selling sky :DThen RK corporation called an wanted to setup and interview nice to feel wanted

Be wary of this shower of fools.

I can't remember where the thread is, but there's 150+ negative posts about them on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 martin82

anybody any tips for eishtec interview ?

martin82 wrote: »
    anybody any tips for eishtec interview ?

Show an interest in smartphone technology and as with any Customer care role try show an interest in helping people.
    Basic knowledge of smartphone would be of benefit too

• Advertisement

Got an email there off Eishtec
    Didn't get it :(
    What a waste of taxi money haha

Advertisement