Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Cheers:) those people are so frustrating! I guess at some level if they keep coming up with excuses it's gives them loads of reasons not to work....someone needs to stand up for all the great people that work in contact centres:mad:

Pretty sad when a department manager takes it upon themselves to come on boards pretending to be a new recruit in the company snip, where did it all go wrong eh?

Mod Edit

True or not don't use somebody's real name on here please. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Kitty_Ears wrote: »
    The Hillview bus would take you near enough :)

Does anyone know where you can email CVs to Bausch & Lomb?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Pretty sad when a department manager takes it upon themselves to come on boards pretending to be a new recruit in the company snip, where did it all go wrong eh?

:eek:

Mod Edit

True or not don't use somebody's real name on here please. Thanks

Wasn't aware of that rule, apologies.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Wasn't aware of that rule, apologies.

No worries man,

If someone comes forward themselves with their real name then I'm happy for people to use it then it's just some people really don't want their info put up which I can fully understand. Cheers :D

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    No worries man,

If someone comes forward themselves with their real name then I'm happy for people to use it then it's just some people really don't want their info put up which I can fully understand. Cheers :D

Ah yeah, understandable. Although that person won't be back, made their 4 posts under instruction from the organ grinder, pretty pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hunky_Dory

Went for the eishtec interview.. Went well, happy out to be honest. :)
    Doylers wrote: »
    OK no they didnt ask that but everyone should no it because it just makes you sound smart if you know :DAnd yup yup no pay for training, also if you take sick leave with certs your get fired(so im told). Dont get sick!!

I asked her, she said 7 weeks paid training soo... dunno what they were tellin you! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Hunky_Dory wrote: »
    Went for the eishtec interview.. Went well, happy out to be honest. :)

I asked her, she said 7 weeks paid training soo... dunno what they were tellin you! :confused:

Must not like me :D But 7 weeks thats so much training and if you want part time you gotta be available for full time training. Now that say say its paid im slightly more interested

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

Hunky Dorey when did they say they would get back to you?

Wednesday or thursday, said they would ring to organise the next stage of the process which is an interview with 2 people...
    Did you have an interview aswell? How did you get on? :)

• Advertisement

Wednesday or thursday, said they would ring to organise the next stage of the process which is an interview with 2 people...
    Did you have an interview aswell? How did you get on? :)

Had 2 interviews both I think went well and was told I'd hear a yes or no last Thursday or Friday and i'm still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 9 martin82

Doylers wrote: »
    Must not like me :D But 7 weeks thats so much training and if you want part time you gotta be available for full time training. Now that say say its paid im slightly more interested

Its not paid, you just stay on the dole which is why there was a question regarding social welfare on the application form.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

martin82 wrote: »
    Its not paid, you just stay on the dole which is why there was a question regarding social welfare on the application form.

I believe it's been said a few times and nobody has said it's wrong yet that if you start the job while on welfare you keep your payments while training and if you come in from another job they pay Ya min wage. Strange very unfair practice if that is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

with eishtec
    if you're on the dole you stay on it for 2 weeks that they start paying you,
    if you're not on the dole then they start paying you when you start training

shanemul wrote: »
    Had 2 interviews both I think went well and was told I'd hear a yes or no last Thursday or Friday and i'm still waiting

What was your second interview like? was it very different from the first??

What was your second interview like? was it very different from the first??

Was more relaxed than the first but that could be because they knew me from working in talk talk

Got the second interview this morning so that's goood anyway...:)

It's a balls though because I'm going away for a week in July and that's in the middle of the training.. sooo... i'm f*cked basically and more than likely wont get offered the position because I'd miss the 3rd week of training FML... :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭south

The Kazbar are looking for bar staff info@kazbarwaterford.com

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

How did you find out about the jobs in Kazbar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭south

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

did anybody here that dealz isnot opening till august

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Yeah,
    Apparently Pound Strecher is protesting them coming in or something like that.

Indeed,

August seems to be the new opening date for them. Whoever is protesting I hope they realise they are keeping nearly 20 people out of a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Kitty_Ears wrote: »
    Pound Strecher
    Where are they in Waterford?

Where are they in Waterford?

The pound shop in Tesco lisduggan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Indeed,

August seems to be the new opening date for them. Whoever is protesting I hope they realise they are keeping nearly 20 people out of a job.

So we should just let all big companies in and screw the local shops because it will give a few more jobs :confused:

deisedave wrote: »
    So we should just let all big companies in and screw the local shops because it will give a few more jobs :confused:

That is how the world works,

If I set up a independent sports shop I do so with the full knowledge that lifestyle sport can move in next door tomorrow. Is it fair on me? Of course not but Like I said it's a free market. The strongest survive.

Should local business's be protected is a different question but for the moment they sadly are not.

You can't just wave the "local" banner, those 20 people in deals are local. They haven't done anything wrong except take a job that is being delayed to try and stop/stall competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Im superbly curious as to what your involvement is there Ziedth :)

kryogen wrote: »
    Im superbly curious as to what your involvement is there Ziedth :)

My real name is Ziedth Dealz :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

That is how the world works,

If I set up a independent sports shop I do so with the full knowledge that lifestyle sport can move in next door tomorrow. Is it fair on me? Of course not but Like I said it's a free market. The strongest survive.

Should local business's be protected is a different question but for the moment they sadly are not.

You can't just wave the "local" banner, those 20 people in deals are local. They haven't done anything wrong except take a job that is being delayed to try and stop/stall competition.

I am all for more jobs in Waterford would love one myself at the moment but everyone now has the attitude that job creation is the be all and end all.

I would love for twenty jobs to come to Waterford I would apply myself but I would prefer a local store to stay open than some chain come in and close down our local shops.

Advertisement