Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭anucksunamun

Hey guys :D i know Keltec's reputation around here.. but bf's desperate to find work :o and its first interview in eons.. so that said.. anyone got any pointers for the interview? Ta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Hey guys :D i know Keltec's reputation around here.. but bf's desperate to find work :o and its first interview in eons.. so that said.. anyone got any pointers for the interview? Ta :)

Prepare the same as he would for any interview I would say. Dress smartly, have some knowledge about what the job entails, be confident etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

Anyone hear the the Stan James shop in Johns town is closing down on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 martin82

thinking of handing out my CV to Call Management International seen them advertising on a few sites, anybody know anything about them I didnt know they even existed ? heard its all cold calling ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

interviews were held for that place last week, but you may as well throw in the cv in case there's another round of recruiting. Likely. Hiring now for cold calling to Australia. Work hours are something like half four am to half 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

200motels wrote: »
    Anyone hear the the Stan James shop in Johns town is closing down on Sunday.

yes I think I heard that last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Some one told me that call managment place pays about 600 a week but I find it fairly feckin hard to belive :L

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Kitty_Ears wrote: »
    Some one told me that call managment place pays about 600 a week but I find it fairly feckin hard to belive :L

I heard that too if you hit your targets the money can be up around that. Maybe it is true but I'd question how easy would it be to hit your targets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

ziedth wrote: »
    I heard that too if you hit your targets the money can be up around that. Maybe it is true but I'd question how easy would it be to hit your targets.

I think if people were looking for call center work I would try eistech, they might not pay overly much but I heard its a good working environment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

deisedave wrote: »

I think if people were looking for call center work I would try eistech, they might not pay overly much but I heard its a good working environment.
    It's a slave camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Early morning 4.30am – 11am dont think I could do that for call management international. You'd be bored off your head the rest of the day aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I guess if you can stick getting told to "fack off" by dozens of australians every day then it might be worth it for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

I guess if you can stick getting told to "fack off" by dozens of australians every day then it might be worth it for some.

call management international.
    A lad I know worked for them for a week, first 2 days were trial and unpaid, he handed in his notice at another part time job ( which he was unable to go back too) and after a week was told he had failed to make enough sales ( he had made 2) and they let him go he's back on the dole now, he was given the pitch that the job was easy and if he was any good at it a trip to Austrialia was available to the best etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

**** load of jobs at Arclabs, Carriganore for software engineers, web developers etc. Companies such as TSSG, Feedhenry, Betapond, Emagine Media etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

**** load of jobs at Arclabs, Carriganore for software engineers, web developers etc. Companies such as TSSG, Feedhenry, Betapond, Emagine Media etc.

Seriously with all the people unemployed you think there is a lot of jobs:rolleyes:
    I cant abuse you on here :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Seriously with all the people unemployed you think there is a lot of jobs:rolleyes:
    Ah in fairness he did say out in Arclabs. Here's the TSSG ones if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

Adyx wrote: »
    Ah in fairness he did say out in Arclabs. Here's the TSSG ones if anyone's interested.
    The companies at Arclabs are finding it very difficult to find qualified & experienced workers for these roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I don't know if any of you heard but I've been told that Bausch & Lomb are taking on brand new general ops and that previous factory experience isn't at all necessary. So if you're out of work and fancy making good money, do up a good cv and cover letter and hand them in. There would be an aptitude test but I can't imagine it'd be too taxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I don't know if any of you heard but I've been told that Bausch & Lomb are taking on brand new general ops and that previous factory experience isn't at all necessary. So if you're out of work and fancy making good money, do up a good cv and cover letter and hand them in. There would be an aptitude test but I can't imagine it'd be too taxing.

Strange, it says on the website that there are no jobs available at all in the Waterford Plant! Do you think it would be worthwhile going in there personally and just handing in a CV?

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Strange, it says on the website that there are no jobs available at all in the Waterford Plant! Do you think it would be worthwhile going in there personally and just handing in a CV?

Can't do any harm anyway. I'm out of work at the moment so only heard from someone who heard from someone, you know? But there was definitely talk that it was going to happen a few weeks ago. Could be that they've enough CVs taken in but I don't know that jobs are advertised on that site much anyway.

Usual tips apply. Be presentable even if just handing in a CV. Make sure it's well laid out. Put it in an A4 envelope with a cover letter and make sure they're not folded. All the things to ensure your CV isn't rejected out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

i work out in B&L and there was aptitude tests held on-site last week-i think that they use a recruitment agency to handle cv's-but sure get in contact with them all the same-and best of luck to anyone who wishes to apply-been there 9 years and it's not the worst place in the world to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

niallo76 wrote: »
    i work out in B&L and there was aptitude tests held on-site last week-i think that they use a recruitment agency to handle cv's-but sure get in contact with them all the same-and best of luck to anyone who wishes to apply-been there 9 years and it's not the worst place in the world to be fair

I handed in a CV there on friday but if you could would you be able to find out what agency they use??

Thanks. I might make the spin out to Waterford during the week. No harm in trying. Been out of work since Mid March myself and it's getting to be a bit of a grind here at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Handed one in myself, really nice looking place inside I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Worked there for 9 and a half years and can't say a bad thing about the place. Once you get around shift work, you're flying. Was half tempted to reapply at one stage.

kensutz wrote: »
    Worked there for 9 and a half years and can't say a bad thing about the place. Once you get around shift work, you're flying. Was half tempted to reapply at one stage.

Yeah have to agree Ken. I'm there 5 years now and am happy out. If you're ok with shift, you get well-rewarded for it and not just in pure financial terms. You get your scheduled breaks, decent holidays, free doctor etc. Really not a bad place to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Just spotted this there , is it too late too hand in a cv to B & L ?

Cheers

Whereabouts in Waterford is it actually? I'm going tomorrow. Would only be familiar with the City - Cork Road. also Dunmore road and Tramore road :/

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Whereabouts in Waterford is it actually? I'm going tomorrow. Would only be familiar with the City - Cork Road. also Dunmore road and Tramore road :/

If coming from the Cork side, take the left turn into the industrial estate at John Kelly Car Sales, opposite Sheridan's. Follow the road around and you'll see it on your left. Big brown building, impossible to miss.

Other than that, just get into the estate and check out any of the signs that have maps on them.

Advertisement