Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Firegaurd

Or an even better link with their full list of jobs.

http://www.premierdigital.ie/?page_id=246

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Firegaurd wrote: »
    Or an even better link with their full list of jobs.

http://www.premierdigital.ie/?page_id=246

Nice on;) Im being moved form D2D to the kiosk in dungarvan. Having chat with the boss tomorrow because Im not getting paid per hour for doing it and fu*K that commission only stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Firegaurd

I'm really interested in applying for the door to door job, what are they like to work for ?

Firegaurd wrote: »
    I'm really interested in applying for the door to door job, what are they like to work for ?

Ehh their grand, company is based in limerick so you never meet the HR people you only meet the manager for your team. Hes really nice and as sound as can be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

Were looking for an experianced installer to sub out work to on a regular basis, Covering waterford city and sourounding counties.
    Good pay, were not meanies

email us with your details and contact info,

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GiveEmHellKid

AdMMM wrote: »
    Spend the day going around town and handing CV's into places (always ask for the manager initially... staff could "forget" to give you CV to them). Don't just cherry-pick the places you'd like to work either! You might get lucky and walk into a place that's looking for staff but hasn't gotten around to advertising yet and you could be interviewed on the spot.

Best of luck, and don't worry about people saying No... it's quite difficult to get a job nowadays without some luck, just keep your chin up and keep trying.

Thanks for the advice! I've been doing nothing but handing in CVs the last few weeks. Hopefully something will turn up :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Thanks for the advice! I've been doing nothing but handing in CVs the last few weeks. Hopefully something will turn up :)

I'm currently training in a shop in Patrick street in cork and because I'm the most front line of management I tend to deal with any lads who walk in with CV's I would say at a conservative guess I deal with 5 people a day. Allot with more experience then me.

Without fail every one gets put in the bin by those in the office. I'm not trying to put you off I think it's well worth a try but I honestly think If you get a job that way your very lucky.

when you do hand one try and wear a suit or shirt and tie. Ask to speak to someone in recruitment and above all make sure your CV is perfect in terms of layout and punctuation.

Best of luck.

Final word is try and get in before the pack. Fas updates at around midday so go on it turns your not sending in the 299th CV in the evening. Also word is the likes of Iceland and marks are coming so try send in your CV to someone before they are announced. Not just jobs@iceland but get a name from someone in HR and send a thank you email even If they reply with no jobs available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

• Registered Users Posts: 6 P212

does anyone know if there are any buses going to Cleaboy or anywhere close to Eishtec?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

The Hillview bus would take you near enough :)

Does anyone know where you can email CVs to Bausch & Lomb?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 P212

where does that go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

P212 wrote: »
    where does that go to?

Hillview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

where does that go to?

It goes on past hillview to near enough the entrance to the small estate

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

does anyone know if there are any buses going to Cleaboy or anywhere close to Eishtec?
    5C Bus... Leaves Hillview at first morning 8.10am then every 40 mins after that... It goes from Hillview to Skibbereen rd liismore park, Ard na Greine, down to yellow rd, ballybricken, to the glen, to the quay, to arkeen hospital...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

If you look at the link below the 5C is in blue, you could get off at Skibereen Road 1 and then walk up

Waterford Bus Routes

I prefer to walk up from the quay and never taken the bus so I stand to be corrected but I think its probably your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hunky_Dory

Have an interview for eishtec myself tomorrow.. nervous enough! anyone know what they might ask in relation to smart phones?
    I probably ought hide my sellotaped blokia from them, just incase..hahah

Hunky_Dory wrote: »
    Have an interview for eishtec myself tomorrow.. nervous enough! anyone know what they might ask in relation to smart phones?
    I probably ought hide my sellotaped blokia from them, just incase..hahah

They asked me how would you describe how to download an app on an iphone. Its not really tech support you tell people to turn there phone on and off :p Hope you like customer care :D

Doylers wrote: »
    They asked me how would you describe how to download an app on an iphone. Its not really tech support you tell people to turn there phone on and off :p Hope you like customer care :D

Oh, thats not too bad! I have a 4th gen ipod touch so I think could manage that! :)
    Any other tips for me? What else they might ask or how I could prepare? :D

Oh, thats not too bad! I have a 4th gen ipod touch so I think could manage that! :)
    Any other tips for me? What else they might ask or how I could prepare? :D

ehhhhh they asked me:

Employment history
    why eishtech(i said why not)
    why do I want to work for them(i had no choice)
    Why would you be suited to your roll
    greatest achievement
    greatest fuc*K up
    why part time(they only advertised part time)
    whats pie to 6 decimal places
    how do you work in a team
    do you mind being trained for 5 weeks without pay
    when can you start if hired
    describe you self in three words( i am epic)

Thats as much as my small brain can remember, oh oh oh oh dont laugh when shes asking you questions, you'll understand when your there :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

ehhhhh they asked me:

Employment history
    why eishtech(i said why not)
    why do I want to work for them(i had no choice)
    Why would you be suited to your roll
    greatest achievement
    greatest fuc*K up
    why part time(they only advertised part time)
    how do you work in a team
    when can you start if hired
    describe you self in three words( i am epic)

Thats as much as my small brain can remember, oh oh oh oh dont laugh when shes asking you questions, you'll understand when your there :p

I got an interview and it was the weirdest interview I have ever had.

Thanks a mil for that! 2 little bits there..

Did they honestly ask you what pie was? hahah, that is so random!
    also, 5 WEEKS?Whaaaaaaaaaaat! :eek::eek:

Thanks a mil for that! 2 little bits there..

Did they honestly ask you what pie was? hahah, that is so random!
    also, 5 WEEKS?Whaaaaaaaaaaat! :eek::eek:

OK no they didnt ask that but everyone should no it because it just makes you sound smart if you know :D And yup yup no pay for training, also if you take sick leave with certs your get fired(so im told). Dont get sick!!

deisedave wrote: »
    I got an interview and it was the weirdest interview I have ever had.
    Its a new trend for company's, they should ask ok can you do the job well? Yes. Can you work the hours? Yes. Will you not act the dope? Yes. Your hired!! The weird questions is just us bull****ting of the top of our heads and trying to give them why they want to hear

My friend who works there got paid for her training.. Maybe it's different for different sections of the call centre.... :/
    What part was your interview for?

My friend who works there got paid for her training.. Maybe it's different for different sections of the call centre.... :/
    What part was your interview for?

Smart phone tech support and customer care. My brother did interview for sales a month back and he was told he wouldnt be paid either

Smart phone tech support and customer care. My brother did interview for sales a month back and he was told he wouldnt be paid either
    Oh right... :( Sure all I can do is see what they say tomorrow! Good to have the interview experience anyways..

What kind of hours were you offered?

Oh right... :( Sure all I can do is see what they say tomorrow! Good to have the interview experience anyways..

What kind of hours were you offered?

Training is full time then when done weekends + one day during week so like 24hours

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

OK no they didnt ask that but everyone should no it because it just makes you sound smart if you know :D And yup yup no pay for training, also if you take sick leave with certs your get fired(so im told). Dont get sick!!

Strangely I have been asked some very odd questions in my time like how many car park spaces are in Waterford city and how many chickens are consumed in Ireland yearly?

I'd say it's just to see how you react to such a random question and see how you comprehend the answer. I was way way off in both answers for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

There is a supervisors position going in Costa Coffee in Storm cinema.
    Ask for an application form from the peeps behind the counter.

Advertisement