Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Smile12

Is there any other shops looking for staff down there lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

I just started my training in Eishtec last week. To be honest, I was really annoyed with the fact that they weren't paying us for our training so I asked one of the managers about it. I don't really mind it so much now because he said by the time we finish our training we will have a full Level 6 Fetac cert. He didn't fully explain why they weren't paying us, but I got the feeling it was incase people just went in for the training, got paid, then left once they got their cert, which in fairness would cost a good bit of money to get outside the workplace. All's going well so far anyways. Staff and management seem really nice and approachable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Kizzles wrote: »
    I just started my training in Eishtec last week. To be honest, I was really annoyed with the fact that they weren't paying us for our training so I asked one of the managers about it. I don't really mind it so much now because he said by the time we finish our training we will have a full Level 6 Fetac cert. He didn't fully explain why they weren't paying us, but I got the feeling it was incase people just went in for the training, got paid, then left once they got their cert, which in fairness would cost a good bit of money to get outside the workplace. All's going well so far anyways. Staff and management seem really nice and approachable :)
    Just outta curiosity, a level 6 Fetac cert in what?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Smile12 wrote: »

Clothes shop beside Gallaghers Pharmacy looking for staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

To be honest, I don't remember the exact name he said. It was something to do with marketing and sales I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ShaneIRL

You can find some information here

http://www.nfq.ie/nfq/en/learner.html

or in a fancy flash diagram here

http://www.nfq.ie/nfq/en/FanDiagram/nqai_nfq_08.html

Did they say what qualification you will have?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Kizzles wrote: »

No one in their right mind would do that, as it would be a nightmare getting back on job seekers benefits after pulling something like that. It just wouldn't be worth it.

Not paying people for training is beyond a joke, pure cynicism taking advantage of peoples desperation to get back to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Consultative Selling..... In the middle of doing assignment now!

Theres a new poundshop opening up soon and i think it said in the Munster Express this week theres an open day this Thursday(double check that!) for sales assistant jobs!!

Sounds......useful :confused:

• Advertisement

Sounds......useful :confused:

Tell me about it ;)

Sully wrote: »
    Clothes shop beside Gallaghers Pharmacy looking for staff.

What shop is it? and where about is that? Thanks :)

Theres a new poundshop opening up soon and i think it said in the Munster Express this week theres an open day this Thursday(double check that!) for sales assistant jobs!!

where is the poundshop opening in the town?

Dunno!!! Just saw the ad! Could be anywhere really with all the vacant shops in town!!

Could be the 1 in Lisduggan shopping centre.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Word is that it's going in Lisduggan alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

ziedth wrote: »

Word is that it's going in Lisduggan alright.

Theres a lot of work being done out in Lisduggan atm. From where the PTSB was right down to where Morris had the shop, almost looks as if the units are being merged into 1 massive unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Theres a lot of work being done out in Lisduggan atm. From where the PTSB was right down to where Morris had the shop, almost looks as if the units are being merged into 1 massive unit.

your guess is right, they are knocking the walls between 3 units but the old bank the PTSB its ment to be some fast food venue or sumthing

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I haven't seen it from what I here your exactly right. Seemingly poundland retail units are just like massive €2 everything shops. They'll do well i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭sonyvision

2 euro noooooo its 1.49 :O look them up its the irish franchise called dealz :) yes spelt with a (z)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

And on boards at the same time:eek:?

You'll go places...:rolleyes:

Godsentme wrote: »
    And on boards at the same time:eek:?

You'll go places...:rolleyes:

You learn some things on here! Tis the new google.....

I will say thank god I didnt know about fb/boards when I was doing the leaving cert!!!

Anyone go down to that Dealz interview? How'd ya get on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Team Leaders for Coffee shop

I'm happy to admit that purely because of this thread today i got a job back in Retail after nearly two years. Everyone keep it up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll see you in your pinny in Costa Coffee then? :D;)

Well done!

I'm not hipster enough to work in a Coffee place Mike :pac:

I'm happy to admit that purely because of this thread today i got a job back in Retail after nearly two years. Everyone keep it up :)

where did you get the job? any more jobs goin there:)

where did you get the job? any more jobs goin there:)

I'll keep an ear to the ground, if I hear anything at all i'll put it up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Hunky_Dory

I'll keep an ear to the ground, if I hear anything at all i'll put it up...

Where did you get it?? Congrats! :)

Advertisement