Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe winter storm- Severe Blizzards and Heavy Snow this evening/night - Take Action

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

will the rathfarnham area get any snow tonight? just looks very wet out at the moment:(

Snowing at the moment but not sticking. 1.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

2.7C/1.4C, still raining but the temp is continuing to fall too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

sleety mix here ,wind starting to blow hard&seems to b intensifiying,no sign of proper snow yet(if any at all)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

pictures please..... all i am getting is lights flickering here in d14, been this way all evening. its gusty here at the moment but no snow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Weather report--- Snow is VERY! Heavy in Co.Waterford The wind is blowing like a hurricane i never seen so much snow go so fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

snowing in north kilkenny since 4 or 5'o clock:D..very windy aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MrsToad

It started snowing here at about 6.30pm, but it only starting sticking about an hour after it got dark.

We've perhaps 2-3cm on the cars, but less on the grass as the wind is whipping it along so it can't settle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

No snow but extremely windy here in Donegal Town. Lights flickering like everywhere else.
    Looking at radar snow ain't going to get this far west. Ah well. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

snow sticking to the outside of the windows here, but not to the ground for some reason . . . only really snowing in the last hour and a half

Tramore in County waterford Is getting the worst snow ever! as i speak Its like a hurricane i never seen so much snow!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

This is a f****** joke, I mean look at the bloody red warnings on the met office with severe blizzards and yet I have not had a drop of snow, one last kick in the teeth from mother nature this winter after a poor snow season overall. I just cant believe it.

Congrats to the ones that got it , well done.

still no change here,wind seems to b easing more like the odd gale at moment,no snow:mad:,wunder will this part of big smoke b a non event as regards to snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Anyone around Longford, the Ardagh area is very bad also, as well as the Edgeworthstown to Ballinalee stretch. Visibility is very bad, <50m in exposed areas

Yeah,it's been poor since 4pm and power went at 21:40

Midway between Ardagh and Edge here on a backroad

744ECAE322BA453EB9A61838EE451831-500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Pangea wrote: »
    This is a f****** joke, I mean look at the bloody red warnings on the met office with severe blizzards and yet I have not had a drop of snow, one last kick in the teeth from mother nature this winter after a poor snow season overall. I just cant believe it.

Congrats to the ones that got it , well done.

Definition: Blizzard
    Many European countries, such as the UK, have a lower threshold: the Met Office defines a blizzard as "moderate or heavy snow" combined with a mean wind speed of 30 mph (48 km/h) and visibility below 650 feet (200 m).

Needs to be pretty bad for them to warrant a blizzard warning.......I'm not sure if it is that bad up there or not, Aldergrove's reporting 3000m visibility, it was 1600 earlier.

Met Eireann Dont say **** all about The Heavy snow across the country They only say sleet haha There Very very very wrong The snow has never been so heavy in years i say down where i live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

One word "SAVAGE"

Away all day and just finished reading thread.

Blizzard here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The media in Ireland are ignoring the snow since Dublin doesn't have it bad, nothing against Dublin just the media that is based there and the government who only called the big freeze a national emergency when the ice and snow arrived on the steps of Dáil Eireann.

Min wrote: »
    The media in Ireland are ignoring the snow since Dublin doesn't have it bad, nothing against Dublin just the media that is based there and the government who only called the big freeze a national emergency when the ice and snow arrived on the steps of Dáil Eireann.

I Agree all the Media Care about is Dublin (No Offence To Anybody From Dublin) But come on The focus is always on dublin. There is more life outside dublin aswell you know The snow was really heavy in Waterford and other places across the country tonight The Media didnt really care. Unless it was in Dublin and the Taoiseach Came out talking about the snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 cp9a

Drove up to the sally gap earlier. made it to the cross roads for dublin, glendalough, blessington and had to turn back to blessington. 2 4x4's and a bmw 318 were snowed in up there snow was up to the bonnet of the bmw. headed up the wicklow gap then and it was nearly snowed over. made it to laragh and got 2 99's, got some funny looks ordering them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,339 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

0.4/-0.6°C , snowing, nice!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

light sleet here,lights still flickering,big let down:(:(:mad:

Just a quick update- that the snow is nearly gone in tramore in co.waterford The wind is still strong But the snow had dyed down alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

RobitTV wrote: »
    Tramore in County waterford Is getting the worst snow ever! as i speak Its like a hurricane i never seen so much snow!!
    Happy for waterford snow lovers. You had a long wait for snow this year but it makes it extra special. Enjoy it and take care

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Tis lashing down snow in newbridge , sticking too ! Temp 0.6 dp -0.2

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Happy for waterford snow lovers. You had a long wait for snow this year but it makes it extra special. Enjoy it and take care

Thanks very much! :D Yeh we had a long wait for some "proper" snow but tonight we got it It was a big blizzard and really strong wind it was unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Wind still raging here... there was even a lone lightening flash not too long ago... lights flickering away... there is something very dark and eerie about the weather tonight, there is a almost an evilness about it... becareful folks, sleep with one eye open... Satan's prescence is in those winds tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

snow ghost wrote: »
    Wind still raging here... there was even a lone lightening flash not too long ago... lights flickering away... there is something very dark and eerie about the weather tonight, there is a almost an evilness about it... becareful folks, sleep with one eye open... Satan's prescence in those winds tonight.

ain't heard my January monster since. Maybe he has bought a cottage in Westport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The power went briefly but returned, still snowing, going to bed.....

theres a tiny bit of snow still falling The power went to lot of homes earlier Luckily it wasnt my place :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Any chance of snow in Navan tonight?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement