Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic thread ***no WM/Travel discussion here***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I don't think I'd book through Expedia again though, well unless they were insanely cheaper. They can't seem to do anything to change your flights without contacting the airline and making you wait then never calling you back.

I wonder would Raw be on in Atlanta on the Monday though. Is there another arena nearby they could go to?
    According to the president of the Atlanta Sports Council, Gary Stokan, WrestleMania Axxess is planned to be held at the Georgia World Congress Center, while the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony will take place either at the Fox Theatre or at Philips Arena.

I guess Raw could be at the Philips arena, & I know this info comes from Wikipedia, but its something to go on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_XXVII

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I'll be leaving in at 3 for the foreseeable future, we've had a fantastic time the last 3 years but saving for Mania is a year round thing and as hard as it is I have to cut it off somewhere

Anyway it's just not Mania without HBK

booked to go to New York for the last week in August last night and I'm going to Bound For Glory in October so definitely no WM 27

if I can help with any questions or queries on Wrestlemania in general though just let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭WweAndTnaRules

WrestleMania 25: Houston, Texas. Big draw! TEXAS, 25th anniversary, my 1st time in america and to a proper wwe event.

WrestleMania 26: Phoenix, Arizona. Bret Hart! The desert! Arizona! Grand Canyon! Everything!

WrestleMania 27: Atlanta, Georgia. Cant see what will lure me to go here tho! :confused::confused::confused:

Personally: Mania 30! New York City! Maddison Square Garden. Now THAT will be one not to miss! 2014 tho! :cool:
    I was in Atlanta, GA for the Royal Rumble 2010 Pay Per View and it was great, best trip we ever had. If your not familiar with Atlanta heres some information. we used the Citypass and we loved it. Would recommend it to anyone as its only $74 and you can order it off American Holidays.

ATLANTA CITYPASS

Georgia Aquarium: Expedited entry, Deepo’s 4D Theater, Quick Dip Tour
    World of Coca-Cola: next available timed entrance for general admission
    Zoo Atlanta: general admission and ALL rides wristband
    Inside CNN Atlanta: one studio tour
    Fernbank Museum of Natural History: general admission, special exhibits, and an IMAX film
    OR
    Atlanta Botanical Garden: general admission & special exhibits
    High Museum of Art: general admission & Special Exhibition
    OR
    Atlanta History Center: general admission

http://www.citypass.com/city/atlanta

http://www.atlanta.net/

Overall we really liked Atlanta. There is so much to do but the traffic is crazy and the people are really friendly. THE BEST ATTRACTION HAS TO BE THE ATLANTA HISTORY CENTER (BEST MUSEUM IN AMERICA) YOU CANNOT GOTO ATLANTA AND NOT VISIT THE HISTORY CENTER. Stone Mountain is really good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

Can't wait i live in nyc so flights are uber cheap

me and my friends are booking our flights as soon as we can book for ATL.

Rud3Bwoy wrote: »
    Can't wait i live in nyc so flights are uber cheap

me and my friends are booking our flights as soon as we can book for ATL.
    Your lucky, New York to Atlanta will be dirt cheap.

The cheapest way you can get to America from Ireland would be http://www.travelpaths.ie/

American Holidays and Tour America are a complete rip off. So we always book our holidays with Travel Paths and the best thing about it is that you can pay with laser card and its an irish company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I just priced some flights for Atlanta, although leaving in November just to get an idea. Funnily enough the cheapest flights are with BA. Just wondering if anyone would be willing to book their trip to Mania with them again :)

Although the route I booked was Dublin to Atlanta/Las Vegas to Dublin.

Those travelpaths people seem cheap, they quoted me the cheapest of Expedia, Lastminute and ebookers for the same trip on the same dates (501 euro).

I just priced some flights for Atlanta, although leaving in November just to get an idea. Funnily enough the cheapest flights are with BA. Just wondering if anyone would be willing to book their trip to Mania with them again :)

Although the route I booked was Dublin to Atlanta/Las Vegas to Dublin.

Those travelpaths people seem cheap, they quoted me the cheapest of Expedia, Lastminute and ebookers for the same trip on the same dates (501 euro).
    Travel Paths are dirt cheap. 900 euro for 10 days in Atlanta in a 5 star hotel. Cant beat that. Heres some pictures of the hotel:

158175878_ad3f1863c2.jpg

Marriott_marquis_atlanta.jpg

Thats the Marriot Marquis in Downtown Atlanta. Its not too far from the Georgia Dome

I hadn't a clue what that first picture was. Even now I'm still not sure :D

I actually re-priced the flights (I didn't include a flight from Atlanta to Vegas) and it's still pretty reasonable, although I haven't checked all the other sites yet.

Anyway nothing can be booked yet as airlines aren't accepting reservations for April for probably another month or two.

lol.. the first picture is inside the hotel.

ill be booking my Wrestlemania and HOF tickets the second they are on sale but ill be booking my flights and hotel next month or two off TravelPaths because Atlanta hotels sell out very fast.

last years HOF in Phoenix, AZ sold out in record breaking 35 minutes!!!

The Marriott seems like a nice hotel, would you stay there again or go elsewhere?

It's funny, for WM26 we had a lot of discussion about hotels, with a few of us originally booked into a hotel in Glendale, I forget the name. Then we switched to the Lexington, and finally to the Sheraton. I was thinking again there now where would people stay for WM27.

• Advertisement

Actually, there seems to be a couple of hotels near the Georgia Dome, including that Marriott hotel. Would make it easy to get to WM as it looks a short walk, no more than about 20 mins I'd say. Although I was looking on one site for the Marriott and it said that the price of a room was due to rise up after a certain date.

WweandTnaRules, when you booked that hotel, did the price stay the same? Also, did you have to pay for the hotel ahead of time or after checking out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

I actually tried bookin the hyatt regency in Atlanta from Mar 31 - Apr 7 just out of curiosity and pricing and it says "The hotel is sold out during your requested travel dates."
    So Im guessin this hotel is a WWE hotel for the packages or wrestlers

I actually tried bookin the hyatt regency in Atlanta from Mar 31 - Apr 7 just out of curiosity and pricing and it says "The hotel is sold out during your requested travel dates."
    So Im guessin this hotel is a WWE hotel for the packages or wrestlers

You could try some of those travel sites. I usually go onto TripAdvisor and find the hotel I'm thinking about staying at. It will allow you to put in your travel dates and it will check availability through several different booking sites at the same time. It's pretty handy. I know for one trip I was going on, Expedia said the hotel was full but I went onto Booking.com and got a room in the same place, 30 euro cheaper too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Naebabie81

So i'm new at this .... I am wanting to get wrestleMania 27 tickets and have no clue how to go about getting them. Once they finally go on sale where do you go to get them? WWE.com or is there some offical site with packages/tickets?

Thanks for any help.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Naebabie81 wrote: »
    So i'm new at this .... I am wanting to get wrestleMania 27 tickets and have no clue how to go about getting them. Once they finally go on sale where do you go to get them? WWE.com or is there some offical site with packages/tickets?

Ticketmaster:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Naebabie81

Oh really? That easy? lol! Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Oh really? That easy? lol! Thanks!!

Ticketmaster.com not .ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

WWE.com will be selling travel packges through their site in June/July, then in November Ticketmaster.com will have the pre sale & general sale.

my friend from the uk complained about the seats at mania and he is getting free tickets to mania 27 LOL

Actually, there seems to be a couple of hotels near the Georgia Dome, including that Marriott hotel. Would make it easy to get to WM as it looks a short walk, no more than about 20 mins I'd say. Although I was looking on one site for the Marriott and it said that the price of a room was due to rise up after a certain date.

WweandTnaRules, when you booked that hotel, did the price stay the same? Also, did you have to pay for the hotel ahead of time or after checking out?
    Yes the price did stay the same and i paid for the hotel with laser card on Travelpaths last year so you pay for the hotel ahead of time and any Hotel in Downtown is within walking distance to the Georgia dome. Theres 3 business districts in Atlanta (like NYC) Downtown, Midtown and Uptown (Buckhead) Alot of people say the best place to get a hotel is Midtown but i think downtown has alot more happening and thats where all the venues and most attractions are but its best to rent a car in Atlanta if your going to Wrestlemania because theres alot of cool stuff to see and what ever you do dont get trapped in the 23 lane highway in downtown like we did and we crashed our car :D

There are some nice hotels in Downtown Atlanta, i will list a few:

Thats the Hyatt Regency in downtown, i was in this hotel, its like the marriot
    000953A.jpg

Westin Peachtree Plaza (worlds tallest hotel) theres a 360 viewing deck of Atlanta on top of this hotel
    Exterior_F_1.jpg

Omni Hotel Cnn Center, closest hotel to the Georgia Dome and its connected to Olympic Park
    202042_2.jpg

Hope this helps:D

• Advertisement

for anyone that was blocked from that thing in the middle of the ring or had there seat changed call wwe they will give u free mania 27 tickets or tickets to a show in england if u like but

U HAVE TO SHOW PROOF OF THE SEAT TO SEE IF THE SEAT WAS REALLY BLOCKED BY ANYTHING DURING THE SHOW

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Initium

So I guess here we go again! :) I was this january at Royal Rumble and my choice was Omni Hotel at The CNN. I had a great time since it has a huge food court and some shops, it was REALLY close to the Aquarium, World of Coca Cola, Phillips Arena, and Wrestlemania Stadium, and believe me, when I say really close I mean 8 minutes walking to the farest point. I'll be probably buying a package but if not I'd book this hotel for sure.

The Omni it is so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xGARx

for booking a package from wwe.com is there a form to fill in?

Yes, you have to fill in a form. Usually you can submit it via fax or post, but last year was the first year they did online and it was horrible, massive problems. So I don´t know if this year they´ll go online again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

The Georgia Dome in Atlanta might see two straight nights of WWE action next year. With WrestleMania 27 confirmed for the Dome, there is talk of having the next night's RAW in the same stadium (with most of the upper sections scaled off, obviously). Next year's Hall of Fame ceremony will likely take place at either the Phillips Arena or the Fox Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

The Georgia Dome in Atlanta might see two straight nights of WWE action next year. With WrestleMania 27 confirmed for the Dome, there is talk of having the next night's RAW in the same stadium (with most of the upper sections scaled off, obviously). Next year's Hall of Fame ceremony will likely take place at either the Phillips Arena or the Fox Arena

nah cannot see that, raw if it is to be in atlanta will be in the phillips arena, wwe surely realise that alot of fans go home after mania and don't bother with raw, this was painfully evident in phoenix where they didn't come close to selling out the us airways arena for raw last monday night, despite there been 60k or thereabouts in the stadium for mania

So here we go again, I have just received this:

"WrestleMania 27 Travel Packages will be available for purchase at WWE
    Shop at the end of July. As soon as information is available, it will
    be posted on WWE.com.

Thank you for your interest."

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 XMAN28

Since I got home I have been saying no WrestleMania XXVII for me but I dont think I can resist

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Haz2311

Wrestlemania 27 is extremely doubtful for me. I don't think I can do the year long wait again! Hoping to head back to the States in September or if not, around Christmas time. Really want to catch some NFL this year. I'll see how things pan out I guess. Not making any immediate plans.

Advertisement