Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic thread ***no WM/Travel discussion here***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

It's much cheaper to book everything yourself. I know some of the folks on here are in the US so these prices won't really be relevant to them but I just did a quick check.

The platinum package works out at about 1595 euro for 4 nights. Not including flights.

I got quoted about €600 euro for a return flight from Dublin to Atlanta, returning via Vegas. If you just want to go to Atlanta, there's quotes available from about €450 euro

The hotel I want to stay in is about €500 I think, but you could probably get something cheaper.

So if you take that so far:

Flights €600
    Hotel €500

That comes to €1100. And say you want a ringside ticket for Wrestlemania, they are about €600 as well if you want real ringside tickets.

So add that on:

Flights: €600
    Hotel: €500
    Ticket: €600

Total= €1700

So basically for the same price as the platinum package you can get your ringside ticket, hotel accommodation and flights. I've over-estimated slightly on the hotel and flights. The quote above is flying through Vegas coming back. So if you weren't doing that, got a slightly cheaper hotel and didn't want ringside seats, it would be a lot cheaper. But it's just an example how it's cheaper to book everything individually. However some people prefer packages and that's fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭RKJ_force

man yeah its cheaper but go check out the hotel and the prices of the hotel...

RKJ_force wrote: »
    man yeah its cheaper but go check out the hotel and the prices of the hotel...

Reviews of the hotel:

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g60898-d114387-r70028515-The_Westin_Peachtree_Plaza-Atlanta_Georgia.html#REVIEWS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

it's a great looking hotel. who is doing the flights through vegas delta's the only pricing i have so far and thats mid 800's

jmolloy wrote: »
    it's a great looking hotel. who is doing the flights through vegas delta's the only pricing i have so far and thats mid 800's

I just got quoted €637 through Delta on Lastminute.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I just got quoted €637 through Delta on Lastminute.ie
    non direct?

non direct?

Aye.

Dublin to Atlanta direct.
    Atlanta to Las Vegas direct
    Las Vegas to Dublin via JFK in New York.

10 minutes away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mrwhitethc

Hrm if I can't split up the chrage unto 2 cards is there anything you can't get separately not going through the package?

Aye.

Dublin to Atlanta direct.
    Atlanta to Las Vegas direct
    Las Vegas to Dublin via JFK in New York.
    Gives me a headache just thinking about it. :(

• Advertisement

mrwhitethc wrote: »
    Hrm if I can't split up the chrage unto 2 cards is there anything you can't get separately not going through the package?
    Just midday madness.

Just got quoted €453 euro with British Airways via Lastminute.ie also. Flying from Dublin to Atlanta via Heathrow on the 31st, and from Atlanta back to Dublin via Heathrow on Tuesday 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

BA. Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭LegendKiller_

€441 on expedia

British Airways tho the problems they caused the past two years dont think people will book with them again

guys read review and it says youll have tickets for two axxess?

I just did a very quick check there now. I've found Lastminute usually cheaper for most flights but not always. Could very well get it cheaper some other way.

okay 5 to go best of luck everyone. I can live with the non direct flights coming back as long as i go direct there

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Initium

Ok here we are, just wishing good luck to everyone here, and hope everybody get the tickets they want! ;)

Just midday madness.

Cool, thanks for the heads up Kane-N-Nite

1/2 minutes

• Advertisement

cant see them where where?

same here RKJ_force, kinda freaking out, I don't want to miss it. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Initium

I see nothing, this reminds me of last year...

im not buying just wonna see them ill have to w8 till wm 29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭LegendKiller_

what happened last year?????????

Paypal, arrrrhg

not working dammit

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

yeah it's all crashed

• Advertisement