Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I couldn't tell for sure, but from what I have been told the insurance costs are unbelievable there due to the incidents they have had and maybe with the new place opening up the owners dont think they can take the hit that will inevitably come initially at least.

Terrible news for the staff there, sad to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

With Masons going, where will all the rough crowd from there go now?
    Sad to hear all these places at home closing.
    Sign of the times I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭brian2614

MASONS CLOSING SEPT 2ND .. STAFF NOTIFIED THIS MORNING .... SAD TIMES :(

We know that already,old news.Your obviously not well connected like you think you are.
    Official. Masons is closing sep 2nd. I know a good few of the lads in there and it's crap news. Hopefully someone else moves in there fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

brian2614 wrote: »
    We know that already,old news.Your obviously not well connected like you think you are.

Jaysus relax man.

BSP works nights so sleeps most of the morning! I on the other hand have a 1 year ok daughter that jumps up and down on my face. I can assure you BSP is a lot better connected than I am. Only problem is, there's not a lot to be connected to anymore :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

brian2614 wrote: »

BRTky.jpg?1321408042

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Mason's advertising campaign on Channel 4 could of knackered them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Mason's advertising campaign on Channel 4 could of knackered them.

Are you talking about gypsy wedding? When were they in Masons heard about it but never saw it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Its a pity Masons is closing, I kinda liked it on Sunday nights!

deisedave wrote: »
    Are you talking about gypsy wedding? When were they in Masons heard about it but never saw it. :o

On it !,there was two episode's covering Waterford from cancelled wedding's to Mason's to boob job no.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

since Harveys closed has anyone mentioned sand? bit cryptic that one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

nice_very wrote: »

Huh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Now there's a thought ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Now there's a thought ;)

think u got it members :) bit of a kick in the teeth to the staff in manor street eh! what was it rats used to do? oh yes, be the first to flee a sinking ship

think u got it members :) bit of a kick in the teeth to the staff in manor street eh! what was it rats used to do? oh yes, be the first to flee a sinking ship

From what I hear, in this case they just changed ship's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

yes indeed they just jumped ship, with the captain who did'nt traditionally go down with his sinking ship!!!

They went from one sinking ship to another by all account's.
    Anyone know who bought the cove bar,there is a sale agreed sign up on it.I heard the Kazbar were looking at it,not sure if they bought it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Anyone know who bought the cove bar,there is a sale agreed sign up on it.I heard the Kazbar were looking at it,not sure if they bought it.
    well when ya start screwing everyone with expensive drinks that are actually cheap alternatives to the leading brands then yeah your not goin to last the summer!!! as tramore aint bringing in the tourists like it used to years ago, so they were screwing the locals which won't help ya one bit in my opinion!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

I think their one of a few that are involved. Not sure if the deal is fully completed yet

Harvey's is in the today's News& Star with a guide price of 350k.A far cry from when Tweedy paid 9.25 million for Muldoon's.Sign of the time's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Or sinnotts!
    and full of kids, over 25? not a hope.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Harvey's is in the today's News& Star with a guide price of 350k.A far cry from when Tweedy paid 9.25 million for Muldoon's.Sign of the time's.

Call me crazy but couldn't anyone with that money just buy it and rent it out for €1500 a week then make your money back in less then 5 years. Do nightclubs (even quiet ones) make enough these days make enough to cover overheads and that kind of rent?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

The problem with Harveys is it cost about 2000 a night to open between staff,security,djs,electricity and exemptions.The beer garden cost a small fortune to heat so even with 1500 rent u still need to be busy enough to turn a profit

In the same article as Harvey's,Flash said and I quote "the day's of late bar's and nightclub's are over",now I may be wrong but I think he is being a bit cheeky,just because the arse fell out of revolution, which he freely admit's in the interview.Shortt's,Kazbar and the foundry all seem to be doing the business at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

In the same article as Harvey's,Flash said and I quote "the day's of late bar's and nightclub's are over",now I may be wrong but I think he is being a bit cheeky,just because the arse fell out of revolution, which he freely admit's in the interview.Shortt's,Kazbar and the foundry all seem to be doing the business at the weekend.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

I work in the trade myself as a bar manager and i can tell you one thing, the days of later bars are not over, i would agree about nightclubs unless you have a large catchment area such as Cork or Dublin you are at nothing. The Foundry has one busy night and that is a Saturday night, and from speaking with someone in Carlow its only breaking even. students will be back soon but spend very very little. If I was handed Harvey's or Masons i would tell them keep it.

I like the Kazbar and Shortt's myself, but in fairness the Kazbar would look busy with 50 people. Great bands in Shortt's and its my favorite spot at the moment but with the Mcloughlins new venture opening in the next 2 weeks which I personally think is madness. It will take from Shortt's. Basically giles Waterford's night life is one night and thats a Saturday you cant run a premises on one night only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Bring back Sheffs.

The place needs to be completely redone and divide up into Lounge for former Sheffs locals and late bar for everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

just seen on facebook sinnotts opening on the 7th of sept

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I feel a bit stupid here but...Sinnotts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

old muldoons lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Ah I was wondering what they were gonna call it.

Advertisement