Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I see the Forum have finally jumped on the cheaper drinks band wagon.
    pints are from €3.50, all spirits €3.50, long neck bottles at €3.50/€4 and large bottles just €4.50.
    From the newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I see the Forum have finally jumped on the cheaper drinks band wagon.
    From the newsletter.

Its about time to be fair. Their prices are awful

The admission charge has also reduced. It was €10 after midnight/€5 before.
    Now it's €5 after midnight/€3 before.

I always liked the Forum, but I hated paying a tenner to get in, and then have expensive drinks on top of it. Hopefully they'll get a bigger crowd with the new prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Too little too late in my opinion. Used to go the whole time, atmosphere just isn't the same in there anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Too little too late in my opinion. Used to go the whole time, atmosphere just isn't the same in there anymore.
    Bounce/Traffik is just an after-thought for them now. It's all about getting in crowds with disposable income into the place now. I'll still go whenever something catches my eye (Metallitia for example) but the days of almost instinctively heading to the Forum every Saturday are over for me. That's how they want it though... they make absolutely **** all from people drinking their brains out (myself sometimes included) and walking in the door 2 minutes before midnight and then buying one, maybe two, drinks, over the course of the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

by some way of comparison, currently on the way home from another week partying/recording in Berlin. On several occasions I was charged €1.50 for a 0.5L glass of beer in several pubs early evening, 2.00 later at night and a whopping €2.50 in a club I walked into at 23:00 and left at 07:30 and a €5.00 cover charge. €1 for a chilled 0.5L bottle of beer to drink on the train back to the hotel each evening/morning. Techno all the way.

Heading over for the Euro 2012 and staying in the Carlsberg Fan Camp. While there, pints of Carslberg will be €1.

God only knows how cheap it will be outside of the camp....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

Will this thread ever die :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Not until Waterford's nightlife dies... [Insert joke here]

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Heading over for the Euro 2012 and staying in the Carlsberg Fan Camp. While there, pints of Carslberg will be €1.

God only knows how cheap it will be outside of the camp....:D

Didn't know you were heading over Mitch. I'm going with my Dad and younger brother for the whole group stage and the older brother is coming for the Spain and Italy games. Only in the Carlsberg camp for the 16th, 17th and 18th. I'm still doubting those prices!

Must try dig up an article I saw about the Lech brewery. Think they said €1.50 for a pint.

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Didn't know you were heading over Mitch. I'm going with my Dad and younger brother for the whole group stage and the older brother is coming for the Spain and Italy games. Only in the Carlsberg camp for the 16th, 17th and 18th. I'm still doubting those prices!

Must try dig up an article I saw about the Lech brewery. Think they said €1.50 for a pint.
    Heading over for the first match, but have no ticket due to lack of funds. Hanging around the camp for 3 days, then back to Berlin for 3 days.

Any updates on the Muldoons site?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Any updates on the Muldoons site?

Seems to be in full swing

They don't show any footage of the crowd because theres only 11 people there. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'd say that fella makes a fortune at Christmas time.

They don't show any footage of the crowd because theres only 11 people there. :pac:

Bit of a ****e video

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Odats wrote: »
    Fella who owns the Toddle on the Lower Yellow Road. Think he owns the Jute Factory as well.

Sean Johnson gone into liquidation. Also owns Cleaboy Business Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭skinnyboy

I see on Facebook that harveys are opening there doors for the last time on saturday..

link? They have so many damn pages and profiles. Could never market that place properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

skinnyboy wrote: »
    I see on Facebook that harveys are opening there doors for the last time on saturday..

:D Great news for me, alot less trouble at my door step. Also couldn't of happened to nastier people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

deisedave wrote: »
    :D Great news for me, alot less trouble at my door step. Also couldn't of happened to nastier people.
    I have a feeling another pub will be open on that premises before you know it so wouldnt be too happy about it yet and by nasty people im guessing your on about the bank that has been running it the last couple of months :P

Mooley22 wrote: »
    I have a feeling another pub will be open on that premises before you know it so wouldnt be too happy about it yet and by nasty people im guessing your on about the bank that has been running it the last couple of months :P

I am on about management and the previous owners but I dont want to mention names.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭skinnyboy

link? They have so many damn pages and profiles. Could never market that place properly.
    Sorry abouttobebanned dont know how to embed a link,but if you go to Waterford events,the pap lads that go around,they announced it on their page earlier

Yeah I just text someone workin there and they confirmed it. Said the place was losing a fortune for ages. Egos and businesses are never a good mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

its a shame to see it been closed ! was in there 2 weeks ago and had the best craic in there! think we all seen it coming anyway

Would be nice to see a restaurant open up in there imo.

deisedave wrote: »
    Would be nice to see a restaurant open up in there imo.
    Or a Marks and Spencers!!

/gets coat

Has been coming with a while, surprised it lasted this long

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Apparently they have notice in the News and Star that they are applying for a license September 28th in the district court. Maybe this is just another rumour?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Sully wrote: »
    Apparently they have notice in the News and Star that they are applying for a license April 28th in the district court. Maybe this is just another rumour?

I think you mean September 28th :)
    I seen it myself and was wondering whats going on.
    It could be that any hope they have of selling the place would be gone without a licence i'd imagine?

Advertisement