Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

yeah someone was saying that that the ad could have been placed before they made the decision!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

yoyo83 wrote: »
    yeah someone was saying that that the ad could have been placed before they made the decision!

Either way I would love for it to open under new management - competition is healthy for each business. It would be terrible to see one company have the monopoly!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Don't think it will ever get back to the monopoly of the Tweedy days.
    On saying that I heard Muldoons is to be ready for September

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I'm no fan of Harvey's to be honest for a number of reasons but I will be genuinely sad to loose that smoking room in the summer months. Had some laugh in there over the years. Ill be sad to see it go

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Is Waterford on a Friday night any different than a Saturday? As in is Saturday alot more crowded,different kind of crowd out etc?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Is Waterford on a Friday night any different than a Saturday? As in is Saturday alot more crowded,different kind of crowd out etc?

In my experience Saturday (depending on the pub of course) is quite a bit busier. For example Kazbar could be jammed on a Saturday but have plenty of standing room on a Friday. Fridays are considerably better IMO

Edit: is your username a "The Wire" reference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Waterford on a Friday night? Eh...hmm how best to describe it.

Did you ever see the film I am legend?

Waterford on a Friday night? Eh...hmm how best to describe it.

Did you ever see the film I am legend?

Yeah,many times.

So Waterford on a Friday night is like dead?

ziedth wrote: »
    In my experience Saturday (depending on the pub of course) is quite a bit busier. For example Kazbar could be jammed on a Saturday but have plenty of standing room on a Friday. Fridays are considerably better IMO

Edit: is your username a "The Wire" reference?

Yep it is!

I love The Wire.

Yep it is!

I love The Wire.

Very good...... only started watching it in the last few months it's an amazing show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

I want to put it in writing...
    ziedth wrote: »
    Very good...... only started watching it in the last few months it's an amazing show

I f***ing told you so!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

So now we are pretty much back to square one now again are we? with Dinn Ri controlling the majority of places? they own foundry and with Muldoons now opening as well? be interesting to see what the new college year will bring, think the days of waterford being a reasonably place to go out in are numbered not that they lasted long anyway. Not sure who own masons but aint Dinn Ri involved in that? which leaves the Kazbar and Crystal as the only independent places in town with a late license? Really dont want to see a return to the bad old days of a Monoply by one company.

On topic of the Wire, its a great show "if you going to come at the king, you best not miss"

Revolution's and Front lounge have a late license too right?

blackwave wrote: »
    On topic of the Wire, its a great show "if you going to come at the king, you best not miss"

At the risk of derailing the whole thread that is my favourite line of any film/tv show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

blackwave wrote: »
    So now we are pretty much back to square one now again are we? with Dinn Ri controlling the majority of places? they own foundry and with Muldoons now opening as well? be interesting to see what the new college year will bring, think the days of waterford being a reasonably place to go out in are numbered not that they lasted long anyway. Not sure who own masons but aint Dinn Ri involved in that? which leaves the Kazbar and Crystal as the only independent places in town with a late license? Really dont want to see a return to the bad old days of a Monoply by one company.

Yes it is bad news the Dinn Ri having the foundry and Muldoon's as they are a shower of arrogant w*****s but thats my opinion.
    They don't have anything to do with Masons. Late night licenses, kazbar,Crystal, Front lounge, Revolution, foundry and Muldoon's when that opens is there enough people to fill all these venues?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 queev1988

According to their Facebook page, Harveys is officially closed and will not be open this Saturday for their farewell night.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

queev1988 wrote: »
    According to their Facebook page, Harveys is officially closed and will not be open this Saturday for their farewell night.

Which Facebook page? I see two, but I cant view posts on one and the other was back in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 queev1988

http://www.facebook.com/#!/HarveysBarOfficial

They've had multiple Facebook pages over the years, which were hacked into. Thus this is the most recent one. The link to this page is on the Waterford Events FB page-the guys who take pics in the clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Yep its closed for good now.Bye bye Harveys.Looks like another monopoly in town.Not enough people out to fill the late night venues in town at the moment as it is.Think its a bit mad opening muldoons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Mooley22 wrote: »
    Yep its closed for good now.Bye bye Harveys.Looks like another monopoly in town.Not enough people out to fill the late night venues in town at the moment as it is.Think its a bit mad opening muldoons.

Ah the home of Taste the Rainbows is gone :(
    Good nights were had working there - will be sorely missed.

• Advertisement

It's hardly a monopoly having two places,
    They havnt exactly had a roaring success in Waterford, they eventually managed to get people into the foundry by peddling cheap booze, and their clientele is questionable at the best of times because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nypd wrote: »
    They havnt exactly had a roaring success in Waterford, they eventually managed to get people into the foundry by peddling cheap booze, and their clientele is questionable at the best of times because of it.

And the question is usually "will getting with her send me to prison...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

But with the Muldoons premises, Maggie Tuckers or whatever they're calling it...They have a much better proposition. The building is massive and if utilised properly they could appeal to a number of different types of clientèle. There's rumours floating about that it won't be open until some time next year but whenever it does open it will do damage to its neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

One thing I always thought when I smoked (gave them up tuesday :D) was that the smoking room is fvcking tiny, a little sweatbox.

All the work they did, and that was the best they could do? Pfft.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

i was having my party 30th in Harvey s tomorrow night.only got a phone call last night to say they would not be open. bad form to say the least, and not ringing me to give me notice. thank God Mojo Lounge agreed to take my party, i was nearly in tears. thanks to all who gave me advice on where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

^ free beer I hear you say? :p best birthday wishes!

But with the Muldoons premises, Maggie Tuckers or whatever they're calling it...They have a much better proposition. The building is massive and if utilised properly they could appeal to a number of different types of clientèle. There's rumours floating about that it won't be open until some time next year but whenever it does open it will do damage to its neighbours.

I'm hearing September

muldoons will be opened in early september all these rumours flying around that it wont be opened til next year is waterford talk unless they think its oxygen their talking but that wont be opened for a long time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

to be honest i think they should keep it as muldoons!!! i don't think mossy hennebry will be too happy when he hears there changing the name of his beloved muldoons boi !!! lol

• Advertisement

its going to be completly different to what ye remember of muldoons so no point calling it muldoons!

Advertisement