Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭sillysocks

cocoman wrote: »
    Has anyone received a renewal passport recently? How long did it take?
    I am currently at stage 2 since 14th Apr.
    Need passport before May 03rd.

Mine has been on stage 2 since the 11th and I need it for the 1st of May! The passport office said to contact them this Friday if I haven't any update and they'll see if they can speed things up but that they can't do anything before then.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Target issue date for mine was last Thursday - still no sign of it going past stage 2.

Have decided to get my baby son's British one first because the wait for an Irish one is taking the piss a bit.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I assume passport card is ok for travelling to Lanzarote? I know it is not part of the EU strictly, but as a Spanish autonomous area I believe it is part of the EEA so would be covered. Can anyone confirm for sure? Ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

sillysocks wrote: »
    Mine has been on stage 2 since the 11th and I need it for the 1st of May! The passport office said to contact them this Friday if I haven't any update and they'll see if they can speed things up but that they can't do anything before then.

Is that for a renewal or new passport?

• Advertisement

Is that for a renewal or new passport?

I've actually sent away for two for kids - one new one and one is a renewal.

Have you given them your travel date? I contacted today and they said they'd no update but that my travel date has been noted so it should be done in time.

I've actually sent away for two for kids - one new one and one is a renewal.

Have you given them your travel date? I contacted today and they said they'd no update but that my travel date has been noted so it should be done in time.

Ya gave them the travel date which they say they have noted. They said to DM if no update by the 25th. Passport tracker says 26th for issue date. I presume if i was to go to them via appointment, I would have to do so before the 26th to allow 3 working days to process?

Ya gave them the travel date which they say they have noted. They said to DM if no update by the 25th. Passport tracker says 26th for issue date. I presume if i was to go to them via appointment, I would have to do so before the 26th to allow 3 working days to process?

As far as I know(but could be wrong!) once you've applied via the postal way you can't go in and apply again via the appointments service. I think you may be able to just go in and pick up the postal one but not start another application if that makes sense. Mines marked as 26th for issue date too so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

My elderly mother hasn't had a passport since 1998.

We now need one as a form of identification for her, and believe me nothing else will do. She doesn't have a driving license either.

The question I have is would this be considered a first time application or a renewal? The original passport is long out of date and cannot be located either.

Thanks, hope it's not a totally stupid question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Malee

Has anyone received a renewal passport recently? How long did it take?
    I am currently at stage 2 since 14th Apr.
    Need passport before May 03rd.

Renewal passports on their own (not together with a first time passport in the same envelope), and identified as such by the automated system, should be done a day or so before the target date.

If you have an application like this it should be back around the target date. If no progress by then it must either not be a renewal or not identified as such by the system, and has then ended up in the 'first time' stream which seems to be hopelessly behind, up to two weeks behind the target date.
    In that case e-mail, ring and/or tweet for someone to move it along if urgently required.

Malee wrote: »
    Renewal passports on their own (not together with a first time passport in the same envelope), and identified as such by the automated system, should be done a day or so before the target date.

If you have an application like this it should be back around the target date. If no progress by then it must either not be a renewal or not identified as such by the system, and has then ended up in the 'first time' stream which seems to be hopelessly behind, up to two weeks behind the target date.
    In that case e-mail, ring and/or tweet for someone to move it along if urgently required.

Thanks Malee. I should be ok so but I'll be keeping a close eye on the tracker.

My application was updated to stage 3 today so hopefully I'll get it in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

HI All, I am in need of advice.

I am flying with RyanAir Friday, Passport missing but I do have a photocopy of the passport would this suffice at boarding?(with driving licence and old passport and birth cert as well,)

Do I just book new flights with Aer Lingus @€;170 return

DO I go to Dublin Passport headquarters tomorrow and try get a new one.

Do I just tell the Boss I messed up and can't attend meeting.

P.S. this is my own fault but I don't think I'll be booking Ryanair again due to the fact Aer Lingus would not have an issue with this.

My application was updated to stage 3 today so hopefully I'll get it in time.

In case it helps mine just moved to stage 3 last night, and now tonight it's moved onto stage 5 (which is printed)! It says it takes 2 days for production and posting so hopefully things are looking good for next weekend :)

In case it helps mine just moved to stage 3 last night, and now tonight it's moved onto stage 5 (which is printed)! It says it takes 2 days for production and posting so hopefully things are looking good for next weekend :)

Mine arrived in the post today :) what a relief!
    You should have yours on Monday or Tuesday. Happy days :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mine was printed and moved to stage 6 on April 21st - 7 days after target issue date. Originally submitted the application by post from London on March 1st. What a slog...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 stevob77777

I'm travelling to New York from Ireland on Friday.I checked my passport & it's an e-passport has the symbol & all.Is that all I need or is there something else I'm missing in order to travel over there?

• Advertisement

Nope. Have you done ESTA?

I haven't just looked at it there.I'm only going for a week.I thought you only needed one if your staying for a long period?It's around 70 euro.

ESTA is only $14. It is needed by all travellers unless they have a visa.

Thanks Fred.

Applied & awaiting confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

ESTA is only $14. It is needed by all travellers unless they have a visa.

Thanks Fred.

Applied & awaiting confirmation.
    i always get approved instantly when I apply for ESTA was this not the case for you?

jay93 wrote: »
    i always get approved instantly when I apply for ESTA was this not the case for you?

I checked the status a few hours later + I was approved.I was caught drug smuggling before so maybe that caused the delay.ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

jay93 wrote: »

I checked the status a few hours later + I was approved.I was caught drug smuggling before so maybe that caused the delay.
    oh ok it may be possible that's what caused the delay there.

Delays with ESTA are usually down to having a similar name to someone on their watch lists. Once a human reviews it you are all good.

I was joking above.Very few people are aware you need the ESTA to head over.I have friends going over this week + they didn't even know about it.

I'd say a good few people get stopped on a daily basis not having the ESTA.Then again it would only take a few minutes to get it sorted.

Does anyone know if you have to sign for the passport when it comes back? Mine is due back today and not sure whether I need f stay in to sign for it?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if you have to sign for the passport when it comes back? Mine is due back today and not sure whether I need f stay in to sign for it?

Got mine last week via passport express. Didn't have to sign for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement