Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

EDEB1305 wrote: »
    Hi, my application was received on the 18th of Feb. with a target issue date of the 10th march. I'm flying on the 13th. Any idea on when I should get it it. If I had to collect it, it would be no problem.
    Should I book an appointment for next week now??
    Thanks in advance!!

I was in a situation like that 3 years ago.
    Rang them up to ask them to take it out of the postage pile and then went in for collection without appointment, straight up to the desk. Think you only need an appointment for the application. Just make sure they have it ready for collection for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 EDEB1305

tennis12 wrote: »
    Rang them up to ask them to take it out of the postage pile and then went in for collection without appointment, straight up to the desk. Think you only need an appointment for the application. Just make sure they have it ready for collection for you.
    Think I might give a call to them tomorrow, to see what the best course of action is!!
    Thanks!

tennis12 wrote: »
    Also the address on the passport would be limerick but I gave a postal address in Dublin and applied through a Dublin PO.
    Would it have gone to the Dublin or Cork office??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I have a mate who is traveling to Turkey next week, problem is there was an issue with her passport photo so she has to send that back and get it processed again. Problem is that will take longer than her holiday start date, shes convinced you can ring up the office and plead your case, and they will speed up the process plus collect it from their office on Cork.

I have checked the website, it clearly says you can only travel without passport in emergency like funeral or medical treatment and all other cases (including returned for processing passports) tough luck. Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

I've done it in the past, but apparently there are delays on processing times, so I'd be surprised if she got someone on the phone in the first place, never mind her application sped up, especially just for a holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Malee

Also the address on the passport would be limerick but I gave a postal address in Dublin and applied through a Dublin PO.

Probably Dublin. Think only applications lodged from post offices in Kerry, Cork etc go to Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

As do foreign embassies' applications so they are very busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Cork covers Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Clare, Tipperary, Waterford, Kilkenny, Laois and Carlow. If you posted your application from a post office in any one of these counties it'll go to Cork passport office, doesn't matter what postal address you put on it.

All applications from embassies and consulates are done in Cork now as well.

It's in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

I have a mate who is traveling to Turkey next week, problem is there was an issue with her passport photo so she has to send that back and get it processed again. Problem is that will take longer than her holiday start date, shes convinced you can ring up the office and plead your case, and they will speed up the process plus collect it from their office on Cork.

I have checked the website, it clearly says you can only travel without passport in emergency like funeral or medical treatment and all other cases (including returned for processing passports) tough luck. Thoughts?

I'm not sure if you still can. But you used to be able to get a passport in 24 hrs if you brought it up in person to Dub. You pay a whacking excess for the privilege.

It's in Dublin.

Thanks very much. I'll give a walk in today and see what my chances are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

There's a whole passport thread above, move this there. She should make an appointment asap.

Cork covers Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Clare, Tipperary, Waterford, Kilkenny, Laois and Carlow. If you posted your application from a post office in any one of these counties it'll go to Cork passport office, doesn't matter what postal address you put on it.

All applications from embassies and consulates are done in Cork now as well.

Except the ones from the UK, as they are done in Dublin-north.

Malee wrote: »
    Except the ones from the UK, as they are done in Dublin-north.

Are they not done by the London passport office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Sent a passport in by passport express , checked for update it says it was delivered on the 28th February , I never received it , Post office say either check similar house numbers in area or re apply free of charge , surely these things are tracked and should have to be signed for supposed to be travelling abroad next weekend. Any ideas?

Thanks very much. I'll give a walk in today and see what my chances are.
    Just back from the office, it will be ready for collection on Tuesday (15th day as target). Can look forward to Cardiff now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Just back from the office, it will be ready for collection on Tuesday (15th day as target). Can look forward to Cardiff now!!
    You do know you don't need a passport for the UK? It's only if you were flying with Ryanair that you'd require one.

You do know you don't need a passport for the UK? It's only if you were flying with Ryanair that you'd require one.
    And it would be Ryanair I'm flying with.
    I would have got an aer lingus flight if all else failed but that would have been €200 out of the drinking fund!!

Are they not done by the London passport office?

Only some of them. The majority are processed in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Sent a passport in by passport express , checked for update it says it was delivered on the 28th February , I never received it , Post office say either check similar house numbers in area or re apply free of charge , surely these things are tracked and should have to be signed for supposed to be travelling abroad next weekend. Any ideas?

The 28th is a Saturday?
    It is only a track&trace service, no signature required. Can An Post tell you the exact address they delivered it to? Otherwise contact the Passport Office and check the delivery address with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Passport Office should be able to tell you the barcode number on the back of the envelope in which your passport was sent out to you.

If you ring the Passport Office and explain your predicament, they should be able to give you the PP number from the back of the return envelope, and you can then ring An Post and ask them where that envelope is in their system.

And even Ryanair appear to be accepting drivers' licences and expired (NOT cancelled) passports for travelling within the Common Travel Area now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Ryanair do not accept drivers license for travel.

Ryanair do not accept drivers license for travel.

Not according to their website:

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions/regulations-traveldocumentation/

fxotoole wrote: »

Ok..other than travel solely within the UK they don't accept drivers license.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gparker

I'm travelling from Derry to Liverpool with Ryanair in a couple of weeks and my passport is out of date. It says on Ryanair's website that a driving licence or even expired passport is ok for domestic travel ... I assume (hope!) they include the North as domestic UK travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

fxotoole wrote: »
    And even Ryanair appear to be accepting drivers' licences and expired (NOT cancelled) passports for travelling within the Common Travel Area now

Have you any link for this please

dingding wrote: »
    Have you any link for this please

Well he posted the link but his interpretation was incorrect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 HELM

Would really appreciate some advise please.
    Planning to travel on 14/03/25, Saturday week.
    Realised passport was out of date so submitted application through Passport Express. It was received on 24/02/15 and current issue date is 16/03/15, so too late!
    I didn't realise when submitting that the current turn around time is 15 days, rather than the advertised 10.
    Anyway my dilemma now is that my application is submitted but is there any way I can fast track it.
    I rang the office and finally got speaking to someone today who said there was no way.
    So my question, is it worth my while taking a day off work to go camp out in the office on Molesworth street, when from what I understand my documentation is in the office in Balbriggan?
    Any advise would be great.
    Thanks, Helen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement