Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭mulbot

D.murphy wrote: »
    I completely forgot to renew my passport and i have my holidays on the 11th of June! Has anyone ever been in this situation or know the solution to my problem?! Any help much appreciated!!

yes,get your local councillor on to it straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

D.murphy wrote: »
    I completely forgot to renew my passport and i have my holidays on the 11th of June! Has anyone ever been in this situation or know the solution to my problem?! Any help much appreciated!!

Book an appointment on https://www.passportappointments.ie/ for as soon as you can. They can get it for you in 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mattlowry123

I am travelling to turkey sunday 8th june. I am in the middle of moving house and I have lost my passport. If i fill in the application form with the relevant lost/stolen section completed and have all my photots signed etc and bring proof of travel with me will I get my passport on the day i visit the office? I have an appointment this thursday the 5th june.

any help at all would be amazing. thanks

I am travelling to turkey sunday 8th june. I am in the middle of moving house and I have lost my passport. If i fill in the application form with the relevant lost/stolen section completed and have all my photots signed etc and bring proof of travel with me will I get my passport on the day i visit the office? I have an appointment this thursday the 5th june.

any help at all would be amazing. thanks
    Bring your birth cert, photo id and 2 proofs of name and address along with proof of travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 alanlawlor

I am traveling to Majorca, Spain on Sat 7th June.
    Only found out now (when checking in online) that one of my children's passports has expired as of last year.
    I have booked an appointment with Passport office online and the earliest date/time is Fri at 15:45 !
    It says that it is a minimum of 3 working days from application to get the actual passport !
    Anybody got any ideas ?
    I could be in the passport office at 9am tomorrow with all the paperwork, if they would see me..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hoolagal

Hi guys I sent away for my passport last week and its due in 2 days and the passport status is still at 'received and registered' does anyone have any ideas if it might arrive on time and if I have forgot to include a document does it take a further 10 days? Please help me :(((

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hoolagal wrote: »
    Hi guys I sent away for my passport last week and its due in 2 days and the passport status is still at 'received and registered' does anyone have any ideas if it might arrive on time and if I have forgot to include a document does it take a further 10 days? Please help me :(((

From recent posts on here passports appear to be taking 13-15 working days, have you allowed for the bank holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hoolagal

Yeah it says on it issue date 6th if June, I'm really worried as I'm doing my leaving cert and don't have time to go to dublin to get an emergancy passport and travelling on the 19th , do you have any idea what happens them requesting more documents, does it take a further 10 working days??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Yeah it says on it issue date 6th if June, I'm really worried as I'm doing my leaving cert and don't have time to go to dublin to get an emergancy passport and travelling on the 19th , do you have any idea what happens them requesting more documents, does it take a further 10 working days??

Concentrate on your leaving cert and not your passport, unless you've made an error on the form it will issue in time for your journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 FranB18

Hi I posted a few weeks ago with concerns about photos but I needed not have worried my passports are being shown as printed today. I'm in NI and I sent 3 first time child and one first time adult applications that were recieved on 16th May. The issue date was 28th May but they only moved from registered to being checked yesterday. However by this morning it had already changed to printed. So allowing for bank hol thats 13 days since recieved at the office and 3 weeks since they were posted. I'll probably recieve them Friday so thats 15 working days for 4 passports. Thought it might help someone out wondering about timeframes

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

First time applications/children's passports are not covered by the 10 day express, it's 15 working days for them

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

Hey- I lost my passport last week and Im flying on the 7th (Saturday) and I got an appointment for a new passport, gave them all my documents and they told me I can collect the passport from the office on Friday. However- I lost the receipt/ code they gave me- am I still going to be able to collect the passport from the DFA on Friday?? I'll have all the documents they needed before (apart from the birthcert they took)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

xdeletiax wrote: »
    Hey- I lost my passport last week and Im flying on the 7th (Saturday) and I got an appointment for a new passport, gave them all my documents and they told me I can collect the passport from the office on Friday. However- I lost the receipt/ code they gave me- am I still going to be able to collect the passport from the DFA on Friday?? I'll have all the documents they needed before (apart from the birthcert they took)

Ya you'll be fine. Maybe just have a drivers's licence with ya or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

xdeletiax wrote: »
    Ya you'll be fine. Maybe just have a drivers's licence with ya or something.

If s/he doesn't lose that in the meantime too! These things come in threes!

If its all in order you should receive it early next week. No need to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 _Anita_

I sent my passport application by post on the 21st May and the issue date online was the 5th June. According to the online tracker, it hasn't been posted yet. I'm flying on Tuesday the 10th, and I'm worried it won't arrive on time, even if it's posted this evening. I was wondering is it possible to collect a passport at the office in this circumstance? I've emailed them with no response, though I finally got through on the phone just now and I was told they normally like to send back passports by post that have been sent in by post, but the lady put a note on my application and basically told me to wait and see. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

I'm really beginning to panic now, and any help would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

Hi All,

I've just landed in London and the hard plastic page of my passport has broken off and I'm flying home on Wednesday next with ryanair so I need my passport. What can I do as the no frills airline are strict on having a valid passport which mine is not. Help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

bbsrs wrote: »
    Hi All,

I've just landed in London and the hard plastic page of my passport has broken off and I'm flying home on Wednesday next with ryanair so I need my passport. What can I do as the no frills airline are strict on having a valid passport which mine is not. Help.

Read the section "Losing your Irish passport abroad" on
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_abroad/passports/replacing_a_lost_or_stolen_irish_passport.html
    and contact the embassy in London to get an Emergency Travel Certificate ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

Hi Guys!!

I misplaced my passport and only released today...with my flight being at 7 o clock this evening with Ryan air.. and they do not allow to fly with drivers licence ?? FLying to London from Kncok

What can I do??

I have the number required to check in online because I have a picture of my passport thats it??

AM I screwed ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,340 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

AM I screwed ?

In a word, yes. Unless you're Polish or the like and have a national identity card but if you're Irish, the passport is the only option.

coylemj wrote: »
    In a word, yes. Unless you're Polish or the like and have a national identity card but if you're Irish, the passport is the only option.

All I have is the new drivers licence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

I know aer lingus take driving licence and the new public service card from social welfare instead of passport so they might be your only option ?

I know aer lingus take driving licence and the new public service card from social welfare instead of passport so they might be your only option ?

Is there any hope if I check in online with ryan air with my passport number and expiry date will they let me on if I show other ID and tell them I have forgot it!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Take a few minutes to calm down. Try to remember when you had the passport last, what bag it might be in etc. and have another look. Maybe get someone else to help you look - new set of eyes and all that.

spurious wrote: »
    Take a few minutes to calm down. Try to remember when you had the passport last, what bag it might be in etc. and have another look. Maybe get someone else to help you look - new set of eyes and all that.

I moved house a week ago, and I am a long way from that house.. so Basically I have no time to even attempt to get back there to look..

So I need to find out if Knock will let me through ,because Customer service with ryan air is closed.

I moved house a week ago, and I am a long way from that house.. so Basically I have no time to even attempt to get back there to look..

So I need to find out if Knock will let me through ,because Customer service with ryan air is closed.

No passport no flight. That's the Ryanair rule if you're not from a country with a national ID card. There is no leeway on that so if you don't find your passport they won't let you on the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Might be worth showing up for the flight anyway and plead to their better nature. It's not as if a passport is legally required and with this new cuddlier Ryanair they just might let you travel.

veetwin wrote: »
    Might be worth showing up for the flight anyway and plead to their better nature. It's not as if a passport is legally required and with this new cuddlier Ryanair they just might let you travel.

It's in their terms and conditions. They won't even let you travel with an expired passport so giving the OP false hope isn't a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Is there any hope if I check in online with ryan air with my passport number and expiry date will they let me on if I show other ID and tell them I have forgot it!!

Not a hope. Ryanair only accept passports as ID.

The quickest turnaround for a new passport is 3 working days. But since you've lost your passport, I'm not sure you can avail of such a service, as you'll be applying from scratch. You'll also have to provide all your original documentation (birth cert/adoption cert/naturalisation cert, marriage cert, utility bills, photo ID, etc) and you'll have to have sections 6 and 9 of the passport application form witnessed by a Garda.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement