Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

It could be worth your while calling them again. I got a call from customer service today asking me to call a guy who is travelling on Friday. I went through his application and called him. He is travelling on Friday so I arranged collection for him on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

It could be worth your while calling them again. I got a call from customer service today asking me to call a guy who is travelling on Friday. I went through his application and called him. He is travelling on Friday so I arranged collection for him on Thursday.

I keep getting that "we are too busy too answer calls" message! Should I go up tmrw rather than Thursday?

Thanks so much for all your help, I'd be going off my head otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Mrs W wrote: »
    I keep getting that "we are too busy too answer calls" message! Should I go up tmrw rather than Thursday?

Thanks so much for all your help, I'd be going off my head otherwise

If you went tomorrow there would be more time to sort out any problems if there were any. I couldn't guarantee that they'll do anything for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dsmum

Hi Mrs W, I'm in a similar situation to yourself. First holiday with little one this Sat and issue date says tomorrow but still at registration phase. Have emailed but no reply. I did get through to customer services twice though on Wednesday and the girl there said she'd put a note to speed it up and I'm to collect it. She also asked for my mobile number for them to call me if any issues with the application. Keep phoning if it saves you a trip. I got through and was on call waiting about 2.30pm. Managed to hang up the call by accident but got through again 10 mins later. Let me know how you get on. Does anyone know are passport express collected in Balbriggan? Any point in calling straight to Balbriggan?

Dsmum wrote: »
    Hi Mrs W, I'm in a similar situation to yourself. First holiday with little one this Sat and issue date says tomorrow but still at registration phase. Have emailed but no reply. I did get through to customer services twice though on Wednesday and the girl there said she'd put a note to speed it up and I'm to collect it. She also asked for my mobile number for them to call me if any issues with the application. Keep phoning if it saves you a trip. I got through and was on call waiting about 2.30pm. Managed to hang up the call by accident but got through again 10 mins later. Let me know how you get on. Does anyone know are passport express collected in Balbriggan? Any point in calling straight to Balbriggan?

I got through this morning so didn't go up. Similar story, put another note on my application with my number and to phone me to collect etc.

The woman at customer services said last week that it was a closed office and they can't phone them in balbriggan? Would be much handier for me if we could though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 rhapsodyinblu

Hi, I'm travelling to London first thing on Friday morning for the weekend (Ryanair) and my passport hasn't arrived yet. It currently says the following...
    Status: Application No. 10342961253. Received on 08/05/2014 and has been registered.
    Issue Date: 21/05/2014
    Website Last Updated: 21/05/2014 at 07:45

Its been like this for the last 10 days! Today is the 10th working day and it hasn't posted, I'm really anxious I won't be able to go. I tried calling their office but I got the 'our operators are all busy at this time please hold' response, waited for 20mins on the phone before I ran out of credit.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Just keep calling?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chimemark

Hi, I'm travelling to London first thing on Friday morning for the weekend (Ryanair) and my passport hasn't arrived yet. It currently says the following...
    Status: Application No. 10342961253. Received on 08/05/2014 and has been registered.
    Issue Date: 21/05/2014
    Website Last Updated: 21/05/2014 at 07:45

Its been like this for the last 10 days! Today is the 10th working day and it hasn't posted, I'm really anxious I won't be able to go. I tried calling their office but I got the 'our operators are all busy at this time please hold' response, waited for 20mins on the phone before I ran out of credit.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Just keep calling?

From my own experience with passport express it will not be ready today. Mine had an issue date of 14/05/2014. It stayed on "received and registered" until the morning of the 19th, then went from checked to approved during the day. On the 20th it went to "printed". I received it this morning (21st).

I think you will have to contact them, or go there, to have any chance for Friday.

It did take me 20 mins to get through. I also phoned again today and the girl in customer service (name begins with L in case any of her managers are reading) was very helpful. Said that priorities are those travelling earlier than others. So today they might prioritise someone travelling tomorrow. You would need to let them know you are travelling though. Keep phoning! It's the womans voice and in Irish that means you are through. The second you hear the male voice I would hang up and redial. Let us know how you get on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Dsmum wrote: »
    It did take me 20 mins to get through. I also phoned again today and the girl in customer service (name begins with L in case any of her managers are reading) was very helpful. Said that priorities are those travelling earlier than others. So today they might prioritise someone travelling tomorrow. You would need to let them know you are travelling though. Keep phoning! It's the womans voice and in Irish that means you are through. The second you hear the male voice I would hang up and redial. Let us know how you get on!!

What phone number are you using?

01 671 1633

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Kara b

Hi My initial issue date 15th May but extra information was required(which i sent by return post) now my issue date is 30th does it take another 10 working days or might i get it sooner.The passport is a renewal for my 12 year old daughter who is traveling on the 2nd of June. Any advice?

I got through on the phone again this morning and was told mine is on the urgent list but they're only put on it 2 days before travel so it only went on it today. I will only be called tmrw after lunch to tell me if I can pick it up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chimemark

Does anyone know if the larger 66 page passports take much longer to print? My passport express application has been stuck on approved for a couple of days now, whereas my daughters went from approved to printed in half a day?

chimemark wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the larger 66 page passports take much longer to print? My passport express application has been stuck on approved for a couple of days now, whereas my daughters went from approved to printed in half a day?

They only get printed Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm not even sure if they have the new large books yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roundone

Hurray for the passport staff! Mine is due to be issued tomorrow and it will be. I can collect it from their office so won't miss our holidays! Yippee!!
    Thanks for all the advice everyone.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So how long is it taking approx at the moment?

Mine was received on 16/05 - target issue date is 29/05 but just wondering if that is accurate?

Zascar wrote: »
    So how long is it taking approx at the moment?

Mine was received on 16/05 - target issue date is 29/05 but just wondering if that is accurate?

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/passport-express/current-turnaround-times/

I'm getting mine tmrw too!! On the 10th day but I also provided proof or travel so it's marked as urgent. Lovely girl rang me this evening and sorting them for me. Thanks for all the help

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Redlady14

My husbands and sons issue date was today the 22nd of May but there still at the received and registered stage what do you think is the likely hood of me getting them in the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mayflower2014

Redlady14 wrote: »
    My husbands and sons issue date was today the 22nd of May but there still at the received and registered stage what do you think is the likely hood of me getting them in the next couple of days.

I'm on the same boat . My sons first ever passport issue date is on 22nd may . But it's still in received and registered stage . If u get any changes update here pls. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Would it be worth a call to them? Maybe the system is not responding... I'm worried mine might be the same, I have a buffer of a week and a half before I go on my hols. Or not if I don't have a passport!

I will of course update I finally got through to them after trying all morning and was on hold for 30 mins he said their either being checked or due to be checked but was trying to say it could be 12-15 days he wasnt the friendliest of people, I'm just going to keep checking the status update.

I will of course update I finally got through to them after trying all morning and was on hold for 30 mins he said their either being checked or due to be checked but was trying to say it could be 12-15 days he wasnt the friendliest of people, I'm just going to keep checking the status update.

I tried yesterday got through once but after few mins the call disconnected by itself . And then only got the msg we're busy . Check the website .anyway I get website update at 7.45 am, 1.45 pm and 18.45 pm everyday . Just wondering does the website update at same time for all ? Or it's different time for each application . Thanks

I think it's the same time for all, anyways the passport office just rang me my husbands has being checked and approved will be posted Monday but my sons is delayed as I signed in my married name and its my maiden name on his birth cert so I've to send on my marriage cert to him and he'll send on the passport then he was a nice lad. Status is saying being checked on my husbands one

Zascar wrote: »
    Would it be worth a call to them? Maybe the system is not responding... I'm worried mine might be the same, I have a buffer of a week and a half before I go on my hols. Or not if I don't have a passport!

Call them a few days before the issue date to be sure, you'll be fine though.

I think it's the same time for all, anyways the passport office just rang me my husbands has being checked and approved will be posted Monday but my sons is delayed as I signed in my married name and its my maiden name on his birth cert so I've to send on my marriage cert to him and he'll send on the passport then he was a nice lad. Status is saying being checked on my husbands one
    At least your one is being checked .mine is still received and registered stage . Hopefully it'll change on moday . Finger crossed . Btw Which office your application in ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SirMeow

Hey guys,
    Basically I plan on leaving to go on Holidays on the 28th. I posted my passport application out on the 14th and the issue date is the 27th.
    How long after the issue date does it take to receive the passport?
    How do I go about getting it before Wednesday?. I have a 2 day window.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

SirMeow wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Basically I plan on leaving to go on Holidays on the 28th. I posted my passport application out on the 14th and the issue date is the 27th.
    How long after the issue date does it take to receive the passport?
    How do I go about getting it before Wednesday?. I have a 2 day window.

I don`t fancy your chances. My Issue date was the 13th I didn`t get it till the 15th, you might be lucky.

Think you`ll have to go into the passport office to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

It amazes me how people constantly leave their passports until the very last minute and then get in a panic trying to get a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 SirMeow

It amazes me how people constantly leave their passports until the very last minute and then get in a panic trying to get a new one.

I wasn't expecting the passport office to suddenly have delays on their passports

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement