Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SirMeow

NZ_2014 wrote: »
    I don`t fancy your chances. My Issue date was the 13th I didn`t get it till the 15th, you might be lucky.

Think you`ll have to go into the passport office to be sure.

I think if I show them the ticket for the 28th they can do stuff to process it faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

SirMeow wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting the passport office to suddenly have delays on their passports

The summer months are the worst time of year to apply for a passport. 50% of all passport applications for the year come in May, June and July. You don't need to wait until your passport is nearly expired to apply for one. You can renew any time.

The summer months are the worst time of year to apply for a passport. 50% of all passport applications for the year come in May, June and July. You don't need to wait until your passport is nearly expired to apply for one. You can renew any time.

This will be my first passport ever. Also first plane flight :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Redlady14

At least your one is being checked .mine is still received and registered stage . Hopefully it'll change on moday . Finger crossed . Btw Which office your application in ? Thanks

It's in Dublin, try ringing them Monday it was after I rang them it changed

• Advertisement

It amazes me how people constantly leave their passports until the very last minute and then get in a panic trying to get a new one.

It amazes me why anyone would book a flight without a valid passport!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

I think if I show them the ticket for the 28th they can do stuff to process it faster.

They can process it on the issue date providing you have proof of travel, you would most likely have to collect it though.

They can process it on the issue date providing you have proof of travel, you would most likely have to collect it though.

Does that mean I could collect it on the 27th?

Does that mean I could collect it on the 27th?

If that is the issue date then yes.

• Advertisement

If that is the issue date then yes.

The guy I spoke to said the delays may effect my issue date? He told me my passport is expected to arrive on Friday-Monday

The guy I spoke to said the delays may effect my issue date? He told me my passport is expected to arrive on Friday-Monday

If your travelling on the issue date or after they will sort you out.

If your travelling on the issue date or after they will sort you out.

Ye I would be traveling on the day after so I would probably go to Cork and get my passport on the 27th then head out on the 28th

Ye I would be traveling on the day after so I would probably go to Cork and get my passport on the 27th then head out on the 28th
    The passport wont be printed in Cork as the only printing machines are in dublin, it would be sent to cork from dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

Hi everyone.

Received my passport in the post today and my image is very dark. I sent in a colour photo and it seems like they photocopied as it's very dark and looks 'burnt'.

Will this be OK or should I send it back?

Hi everyone.

Received my passport in the post today and my image is very dark. I sent in a colour photo and it seems like they photocopied as it's very dark and looks 'burnt'.

Will this be OK or should I send it back?

Photo's are printed in greyscale and it wouldn't have been sent to you if it was too dark.

The passport wont be printed in Cork as the only printing machines are in dublin, it would be sent to cork from dublin.

Sounds good then. I could head to Dublin on Tuesday,stay the night then head the next morning.
    When do they ship the passports from Cork to Dublin?

Also I still havnt got the ticket yet but the date that suits me best is Wednesday. The only problem is me getting my passport on Tuesday or Wednesday morning is not 100% so I could be wasting a good 500-700 euro on the ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JUY

I have applied for my son's passport. He has obtained Irish citizenship through naturalisation. I have not included my birth certificate or passport with the application as this was not required on the passport form. I have also checked the passport.ie website and noted that this was also not required for naturalisation. Can you please advise if I am correct or whether the birth cert or passport of the parent is required.

JUY wrote: »
    I have applied for my son's passport. He has obtained Irish citizenship through naturalisation. I have not included my birth certificate or passport with the application as this was not required on the passport form. I have also checked the passport.ie website and noted that this was also not required for naturalisation. Can you please advise if I am correct or whether the birth cert or passport of the parent is required.

Naturalisation cert and birth cert is all for under 18s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 JUY

The issue date for my son's passport says 26/5/2014 on the passport tracker site. As at 23/5/2014, the status shows "receipt and registered". I am due to travel on 2 June due to my mom being hospitalised with a heart attack. As I have no one to leave him with, I had to wait for his passport. Can anyone advise me what to do please. I was unable to get through to the passport office by phone.

Naturalisation cert and birth cert is all for under 18s.

How long does it take them to print the passport?
    My current status is received so could they really review and have it printed by the next day or early Wednesday?

How long does it take them to print the passport?
    My current status is received so could they really review and have it printed by the next day or early Wednesday?

It depends on the time of day its approved. If it's approved before 1 it'll be printed that day but you still couldn't pick it up until the next day....in Cork at least anyway. If its approved after 1 it won't get printed until the following day.

It depends on the time of day its approved. If it's approved before 1 it'll be printed that day but you still couldn't pick it up until the next day....in Cork at least anyway. If its approved after 1 it won't get printed until the following day.

Thanks for the info :)
    Im gona try to get my passport approved by monday, hopefully printed the same day then pick it up on Tuesday.
    If I ring on Monday at 9am would they be able to approve it within 3 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Umbreal

I'm sending away all the required documents to renew my passport tomorrow and I just realised that my current passport has the apostrophe and space in my surname but when filling in the forms I omitted it. Does anyone know if the passport office will kick up a massive fuss? I still have 47 days before I fly but am sort of worried about the time because I still have to apply for a visa and possibly change my tickets.

Umbreal wrote: »
    I'm sending away all the required documents to renew my passport tomorrow and I just realised that my current passport has the apostrophe and space in my surname but when filling in the forms I omitted it. Does anyone know if the passport office will kick up a massive fuss? I still have 47 days before I fly but am sort of worried about the time because I still have to apply for a visa and possibly change my tickets.

You're really over thinking this. You'll just get what's on your previous passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Umbreal

You're really over thinking this. You'll just get what's on your previous passport.

So even though I've put on the application form ONAME, my passport will be issued as O' NAME? Seems weird. Yeah I'm probably over thinking this but I do not want my application to be rejected or for me to be held in customs because my tickets and passport don't match up. I was thinking of just filling out and getting another form witnesses tomorrow to be safe.

Umbreal wrote: »
    So even though I've put on the application form ONAME, my passport will be issued as O' NAME? Seems weird. Yeah I'm probably over thinking this but I do not want my application to be rejected or for me to be held in customs because my tickets and passport don't match up. I was thinking of just filling out and getting another form witnesses tomorrow to be safe.

If your name is O'Sullivan and you wrote OSullivan but O'Sullivan appears on your previous passport then I would give you O'Sullivan. Don't worry about it. I have seen people completely misspell their own names and get their own dates of birth wrong. That's when you call someone to confirm details. if you have an Irish language surname with an O then I would leave the apostrophe out.

If you are getting a new form you will need new photos too. The garda signature, the form number on the back of the photos and the date stamp will have to match what's on the application form. I think it's madness though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mayflower2014

How long does it take to go to next stage after being checked ?

• Advertisement

How long does it take to go to next stage after being checked ?

Depends on the number of applications ahead of yours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement