Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

chimemark wrote: »
    Application received on 30/04/2014. Issue date 14/05/2014 (today). Tracking status just now:

"Application No. xxxxxxx. Received on 30/04/2014 and has been registered."

10 working days and counting......

You're a day out from me and mine was posted today. Just check again tomorrow. It goes very quickly from checked to post I think. Oh and there was a bank holiday in there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

Mince Pie wrote: »
    check after 6pm and you might have a tracking number then. Think they update about 4 times a day.

Still showing as printed. Dangerously close.

NZ_2014 wrote: »

You'll get the tracker number tomorrow and don't worry I'll post once I've received mine to give you an indication of delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

If it was approved before 1 pm today, it should be in the office in the morning and posted out tomorrow afternoon.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys I have a question about the photos. I got mine taken in a booth that spits out just one piece of paper. When getting signed the garda just cut it in 4 and signed the back. However because of where he signed and stamped, there is a big border around two sides of two of the photos. If I cut to the edge of the photo it will cut off part of his signature and the application number. Is that ok? I really cannot afford any delay as I'm leaving in 3 weeks.

How long is it taking right now in Dublin?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    Guys I have a question about the photos. I got mine taken in a booth that spits out just one piece of paper. When getting signed the garda just cut it in 4 and signed the back. However because of where he signed and stamped, there is a big border around two sides of two of the photos. If I cut to the edge of the photo it will cut off part of his signature and the application number. Is that ok? I really cannot afford any delay as I'm leaving in 3 weeks.

How long is it taking right now in Dublin?
    Thanks

Send in the photos as they are, let the passport office staff cut them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Hey Guys, Im traveling in 3 weeks. I only realised on the weekend that my passport was lost. I submitted an application yesterday, however, the guard told me that I dont need to send in a certified copy of my ID with the application and didnt stamp the copy for me. So I just sent it in without.

I then checked the passport website again and it says that I do need it. Will my application be refused without it?

It also isnt showing yet on the tracking system?

DylanII wrote: »
    Hey Guys, Im traveling in 3 weeks. I only realised on the weekend that my passport was lost. I submitted an application yesterday, however, the guard told me that I dont need to send in a certified copy of my ID with the application and didnt stamp the copy for me. So I just sent it in without.

I then checked the passport website again and it says that I do need it. Will my application be refused without it?

It also isnt showing yet on the tracking system?

You do need it with a lost passport. Post it in with a note and application number to customer care section.

You do need it with a lost passport. Post it in with a note and application number to customer care section.

Thank you, I will do that tomorrow.

Will it be delayed by much if I send it in tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

Mince Pie wrote: »
    You'll get the tracker number tomorrow and don't worry Ill post once I've received mine to give you an indication of delivery.

Yep, got my tracking this morning, and I think it's with the local postman should get it later!

• Advertisement

Yep, got my tracking this morning, and I think it's with the local postman should get it later!

Got my passport!! Yay! I can travel again

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

My passports expired since jan this year. I may be traveling in July. To renew it do I just complete the form and send it in with photos and old passport? Or do I need to send birth Certs etc etc again?
    I'm over 18, I say birth Certs etc as I was born outside Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chimemark

chimemark wrote: »
    Application received on 30/04/2014. Issue date 14/05/2014 (today). Tracking status just now:

"Application No. xxxxxxx. Received on 30/04/2014 and has been registered."

10 working days and counting......

Status: Application No. xxxxxxxx. Received on 30/04/2014 and has been registered.
    Issue Date: 14/05/2014
    Website Last Updated: 16/05/2014 at 07:45

Over 12 days now. Or 11 if you include the bank holiday.

I forgot to send something in with my application, do I just post it to the passport office in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

It says my passport has been printed since yesterday. Should it not have posted by now?

It says my passport has been printed since yesterday. Should it not have posted by now?

What PP office dealt with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

What PP office dealt with it?

Cork

Cork

Ok, your passport was approved on Thursday. It will depend on what time the passport was approved. If it was approved before 1 pm it should have got to the Cork office on Friday morning and got sent out in the post in the afternoon. You'd get it on Monday. If it got approved after 1 pm on Thursday it probably won't come into Cork until Monday. It'll get sent out in the post on Monday evening and you'll get it on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roundone

Is the Passport Express Tracker updated at the weekend?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hbuzz

Can you get a passport from the passport office if you have a current passport express application?

Hbuzz wrote: »
    Can you get a passport from the passport office if you have a current passport express application?

Go in with proof of travel and they might be able to do something.

Go in with proof of travel and they might be able to do something.

Thank you, on the new form I'm bringing in to the passport office, should I fill out the lost/stolen passport section, obviously the passport express office have my old cancelled passport

Hbuzz wrote: »
    Thank you, on the new form I'm bringing in to the passport office, should I fill out the lost/stolen passport section, obviously the passport express office have my old cancelled passport
    To my knowledge, you cant have two applications in the system at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 julianclare

Hi Guys,
    Could somebody please help me!

I am supposed to be flying out to barcelona with Ryanair on Monday at 6:30am but I of course have just realised that my passport has gone out of date.

If I went to the passport office on monday would I be able to renew my passport either that day or by early tuesday to catch the later flight that day without booking it. I have all paperwork done.

I know its a long shot. I was also told to chance it that if you got out of the country that they would have to let you back. Has anyone got past ryanair staff checking boarding passes if I accidentily changed the year of expiry?

My main question is how quick could I get it on monday without rebooking new flights out that would be urgent?

Hi Guys,
    Could somebody please help me!

I am supposed to be flying out to barcelona with Ryanair on Monday at 6:30am but I of course have just realised that my passport has gone out of date.

If I went to the passport office on monday would I be able to renew my passport either that day or by early tuesday to catch the later flight that day without booking it. I have all paperwork done.

I know its a long shot. I was also told to chance it that if you got out of the country that they would have to let you back. Has anyone got past ryanair staff checking boarding passes if I accidentily changed the year of expiry?

My main question is how quick could I get it on monday without rebooking new flights out that would be urgent?

A pilot Rapid Renewal programme based in the Dublin passport office on Molesworth Street will allow one-day passport renewals – by appointment only – for citizens who have a last-minute passport issue. A total of twenty appointments will be available every day until October. Appointments can be made from 2.30pm the previous day at www.dfa.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if you need to fill out section 6 of the form (lost/stolen passport) if passport express have your passport but you require an emergency one? Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement