Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

I got my application form and pictures signed last week but I don't think I'll be able to send them off for a week or two, will they be ok with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

retweet wrote: »
    I got my application form and pictures signed last week but I don't think I'll be able to send them off for a week or two, will they be ok with that?

You're grand, the certificate of identity is good for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

You're grand, the certificate of identity is good for 6 months.

Great,Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 seanshaz

We have just recently adopted our Niece in the Philippines through Hague convention rules we are waiting on the ammended birth certificate,my wife (Filipino) is living there with the child and we are planning on taking the child home to Ireland at some stage over the next year or so,
    just wondering people what are our options.can we apply for an irish passport as i am Irish,and my wife has dual citizenship

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

How long does it take for it to move on from "application has been received" bit?

Mines saying that since last Monday :-(

And how quickly does it move through the rest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 chimemark

Mrs W wrote: »
    How long does it take for it to move on from "application has been received" bit?

I'm on the 13th working day and I have just gone to "Application No. xxxxxxx. Received on 30/04/2014 and is being checked" this morning.

If all is correct I understand it will be posted back a couple of days from now.

chimemark wrote: »
    I'm on the 13th working day and I have just gone to "Application No. xxxxxxx. Received on 30/04/2014 and is being checked" this morning.

If all is correct I understand it will be posted back a couple of days from now.

Is yours passport express?? Mine is saying issue date 23rd

Is yours passport express?? Mine is saying issue date 23rd

Yes, passport express. If yours is saying 23rd I would add at least 5 working days before you get it back.

I'll post again when I actually receive mine so that you have some idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Mine says issue date of the 28th? Does that mean that my 10 days will only start then? Im traveling on the 4th of June and submitted it on the 14th of May!

If I have to go into the passport office for an emergency one will I need to pay the full €150 if its not received on time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Issue means Issue, you'll be fine.

• Advertisement

chimemark wrote: »
    Yes, passport express. If yours is saying 23rd I would add at least 5 working days before you get it back.

I'll post again when I actually receive mine so that you have some idea.

I'm travelling on the 24th!!!

I was up last week and they put a note on it and advised I would collect it. The girl said I should be ok

It all depends on how busy the issueing office is. May, June and July are the worst months to apply for a passport.

I'm travelling on the 24th!!!

I was up last week and they put a note on it and advised I would collect it. The girl said I should be ok

If they put a note on it I guess you will be okay. I am not in any hurry as I'm not travelling so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roundone

Mine's still at exactly the same stage too!

At least they put a note on yours. They told me I was panicking a bit too soon and to come back in again nearer the date of travel.

roundone wrote: »
    Mine's still at exactly the same stage too!

At least they put a note on yours. They told me I was panicking a bit too soon and to come back in again nearer the date of travel.

At what stage do you panic tho?? Should I go back up Wednesday if it hasn't moved to the next stage?

At what stage do you panic tho?? Should I go back up Wednesday if it hasn't moved to the next stage?

It won't go to the assigned to checker stage until a day or 2 before the issue date. We were working on May 21st issue dates in the Cork office today.

It won't go to the assigned to checker stage until a day or 2 before the issue date. We were working on May 21st issue dates in the Cork office today.

What if it's not at checking by Wednesday/Thursday though? Would Thursday be too late to go up if I need it for Friday??

What if it's not at checking by Wednesday/Thursday though? Would Thursday be too late to go up if I need it for Friday??

Whats the issue date?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bullology

FYI I submitted my express renewal on 24th April received on the 25th by passport office Dublin and had an issue date of 9th May nothing happened till May 12th (11 work days later) when they rang to say my pictures had shadows and would have to be resubmitted. I could not make it to Dublin to hand deliver alternative photos but received my returned passport on May 14th and returned it to post office within one hour. Now my issue date is 26th May and my 2 weeks holiday period finishes on the 25th May FML!
    My advice is if you are travelling within the next month - go for a 3 day passport not express which can take 21 working days if there are issues with photos etc.

Whats the issue date?

23rd....

• Advertisement

It will depend on how busy the issuing office is whether or not they get to it by Wednesday/Thursday. Right now your application is in a box with 19 other applications. The box will be assigned to the checker. The checker could pick up your application first and if everything is in order with your application it could be approved in 5 minutes. On the other hand there could be messy applications in the box and the checker might now get around to looking at yours for a few hours. You just don't know.

You can call customer care and ask to have a note put on that you will collect it. The checker should see a it and call you to arrange collection. You can try call into the office with proof of travel and they might be able to do something.

It will depend on how busy the issuing office is whether or not they get to it by Wednesday/Thursday. Right now your application is in a box with 19 other applications. The box will be assigned to the checker. The checker could pick up your application first and if everything is in order with your application it could be approved in 5 minutes. On the other hand there could be messy applications in the box and the checker might now get around to looking at yours for a few hours. You just don't know.

You can call customer care and ask to have a note put on that you will collect it. The checker should see a it and call you to arrange collection. You can try call into the office with proof of travel and they might be able to do something.

I went up to the Dublin office last week and they put a note on that I would collect it, put my number on it to call as soon as it's ready or if there's any issues.
    I tried calling and emailing for 3 days but couldn't get a response, that's why I went up!

I went up to the Dublin office last week and they put a note on that I would collect it, put my number on it to call as soon as it's ready or if there's any issues.
    I tried calling and emailing for 3 days but couldn't get a response, that's why I went up!

That's about all you can do. Nobody has called you yet as it's just sitting in a box waiting to be assigned to a checker. The passport office is still within their 10 day guarantee with your application so I doubt they will prioritise it. If your application is only a straight adult renewal the only problems I can see are

1. Did you put down your PPSN number on the form?
    2. Did you put your mothers maiden name down?
    3. Did you submit your most recent passport?
    4. The photograph.

1 and 2 can be sorted out with a phone call so keep your phone near if you forgot them. A lot of people actually submit older passports which are not the most recent. If you submitted your most recent one you're grand. The only real potential problem is the photo. If you followed the photo guidelines you should be ok. Like I said, you can approve a renewal in 5 minutes if everything is ok with it.

That's about all you can do. Nobody has called you yet as it's just sitting in a box waiting to be assigned to a checker. The passport office is still within their 10 day guarantee with your application so I doubt they will prioritise it. If your application is only a straight adult renewal the only problems I can see are

1. Did you put down your PPSN number on the form?
    2. Did you put your mothers maiden name down?
    3. Did you submit your most recent passport?
    4. The photograph.

1 and 2 can be sorted out with a phone call so keep your phone near if you forgot them. A lot of people actually submit older passports which are not the most recent. If you submitted your most recent one you're grand. The only real potential problem is the photo. If you followed the photo guidelines you should be ok. Like I said, you can approve a renewal in 5 minutes if everything is ok with it.

It's my first renewal in my married name and baby's first one. I checked everything 5 times and even got the girl in the post office to check it but knowing my luck I'll have missed something obvious!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roundone

I got an answer to my email today and I got through on the phone!
    The people I was dealing with were very nice and helpful but they can't really do any more than take your number and put a note on your applications to call you when they are ready for collection.

It's my first renewal in my married name and baby's first one. I checked everything 5 times and even got the girl in the post office to check it but knowing my luck I'll have missed something obvious!

I would ignore the post office staff when it come to passports to be honest.

Did you include your original marriage certificate to change your name (not a photocopy)?

Did you include your babies original long form birth cert (not a photocopy)?

The big thing with children's applications is the consent. Your name and your partner's name on the consent should match what's on the birth certificate. If you have married since your baby was born you should include your marriage cert as it covers the name change from the birth cert.

eg. If you were Mary Murphy when the baby was born (and Mary Murphy on the birth cert) but signed as Mary O'Sullivan on the consent, I would look for your marriage cert to explain the name change. But if you included your marriage cert with your own application you should be grand as the applications will be assigned to the same checker who should do them both together.

roundone wrote: »
    I got an answer to my email today and I got through on the phone!
    The people I was dealing with were very nice and helpful but they can't really do any more than take your number and put a note on your applications to call you when they are ready for collection.

That's positive anyway!

I would ignore the post office staff when it come to passports to be honest.

Did you include your original marriage certificate to change your name (not a photocopy)?

Did you include your babies original long form birth cert (not a photocopy)?

The big thing with children's applications is the consent. Your name and your partner's name on the consent should match what's on the birth certificate. If you have married since your baby was born you should include your marriage cert as it covers the name change from the birth cert.

eg. If you were Mary Murphy when the baby was born (and Mary Murphy on the birth cert) but signed as Mary O'Sullivan on the consent, I would look for your marriage cert to explain the name change. But if you included your marriage cert with your own application you should be grand as the applications will be assigned to the same checker who should do them both together.

Yes I included both long form versions (they're the originals so I assume they're long form!)

OH came with me to Garda station and we both signed it there and had it witnessed by the guard.

Should I go up again tomorrow? There's still no update on the tracking :(
    If I went up Thursday instead would they say it's too late if it hadn't moved at that stage?

Yes I included both long form versions (they're the originals so I assume they're long form!)

OH came with me to Garda station and we both signed it there and had it witnessed by the guard.

Should I go up again tomorrow? There's still no update on the tracking :(
    If I went up Thursday instead would they say it's too late if it hadn't moved at that stage?

Sounds like you've done everything ok. Did you already submit proof of travel?

• Advertisement

Sounds like you've done everything ok. Did you already submit proof of travel?

I emailed it last Monday 12th but didn't get any response. I told the woman at customer services on Wednesday but she just said it was too early to panic and didn't look at it.
    I can't get excited about holidays with the thoughts of not actually getting my passport :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement