Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 redmonster

Tech Dave wrote: »
    Not a peep! leaving it very late??
    Still not a word . . . . :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 redpoppy

I start next Monday on the October class, we had our contracts in the post last Thursday and they wanted them back before we started. We've had a few further emails with details for the course, timetables etc.

I hope you all get called soon. :)

redpoppy wrote: »
    I start next Monday on the October class, we had our contracts in the post last Thursday and they wanted them back before we started. We've had a few further emails with details for the course, timetables etc.

I hope you all get called soon. :)
    Thanks redpoppy ... ..best of luck next week;) . . . .hopefully we'll have ours this week . . . . .what time does the class run from (8 - 4.30)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 redpoppy

We had a timetable in the post to start at 9am - 5pm and then had a further email to say arrive at 830 to get through registration etc. I have a friend who started back in March in Phoenix Pk and he told me the classes run between 830-430pm each day so I'm hoping that will be the hours after the first day so I can miss the traffic as I will be driving in and out of Dublin every day.

We got the timetable for the year too and the good thing is we have 2 weeks off at xmas from 16/12/11 to 02/01/12 - probably be the last xmas and new year I have off for a while :eek:

I just cant wait to start now, we've all been waiting so long now. :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

The Nov crew, Class 13 are due to have contracts out this week to be returned asap and like Dublin start at 9am on the first day unless we hear otherwise. Good luck to everyone in class 12 and 13.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 medic999

Best of luck to all who start next week and the week after, your time has come finally, its been a long year, hopefully it will happen for the rest of us in march, keeping the fingers crossed:o, Heads down now for a few months and social life goes out the window:(, enjoy it tho as its been a long time coming, good luck,:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ardyl

hi lads

I am early 90's on current panel, and I spoke to manorhamilton
    last week. They said I should be called in next class but couldnt
    tell me when it would be. Hopefully budget wont affect us. fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 superserg78

Any idea what number they're up to now?

last guy into nov class was no.90 on the panel. I have heard the next class is scheduled for the 4th march 2012 so all going well we will get the start then.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 superserg78

medic999 wrote: »
    last guy into nov class was no.90 on the panel. I have heard the next class is scheduled for the 4th march 2012 so all going well we will get the start then.

That's great news. Did manor hamilton give that date?

This should be the last class of this panel so.

• Advertisement

thats good news alright, does that mean the next class will be in Dublin?
    I've heard conflicting rumours that every second class alternates between
    Dub and Ballinasloe,/// and then also that the remainder of all classes on the current panel are to be done in Ballinasloe. Either way I'll be just glad to be called.:)

Ya me too, cant wait to get called, wonder how many are left on this panel, a good few seem to have the deferred so hopefully they will have enough candidates to run a class, that would be my only worry,

yeah I know what you mean, but those that deferred will have to accept second time around , or lose their place, so there should be enough to fill a class.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ParaHappyman

How ye now!!I sent back the contract for class 13 via registered post and it was delivered on Monday. I am just wondering if anyone else in class 13 has received any more info or e-mail's etc in relation to the class since they sent back their contracts? I haven't received anything since..........?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 seangannon

How ye now!!I sent back the contract for class 13 via registered post and it was delivered on Monday. I am just wondering if anyone else in class 13 has received any more info or e-mail's etc in relation to the class since they sent back their contracts? I haven't received anything since..........?

Same here and nothing yet...

seangannon wrote: »
    Same here and nothing yet...

I rang them in Manorhamilton today to ask if we would be receiving any more info from them but the lady I spoke to said that from now on it will be the NAS college that will contact us!She said that they(NAS college) 'might' send us an email or text between now and Tuesday, but that if they don't we just go to the college on Tuesday at 9am as planned and take it from there........Not long now :D And can I just say to the rest of ye that are waiting to get a call to start the training : Keep the heads up, don't listen to any rumours and your call will come!!I was in the exact same position and I now how it feels!!!

Same here. Cant wait now!!! anyone starting on tuesday i'll see ye there!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tech Dave

Anybody staying in the hotel next week??

Anybody staying in the hotel next week??

I think I will be staying there for the first week anyways!!are you? I'm headn to Ballinasloe tomorrow so that I can hopefully locate exactly where the college is to be prepared for getting there Tuesday morning and I will be going to organise staying in the hotel then hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

I think I will be staying there for the first week anyways!!are you? I'm headn to Ballinasloe tomorrow so that I can hopefully locate exactly where the college is to be prepared for getting there Tuesday morning and I will be going to organise staying in the hotel then hopefully!

Head through the town, heading towards Athlone. Pass Fred Kilmartin's Ford Dealer on your left. Straight through next lights. Take the next left, signposted Roscommon (R357). This is Creagh Road. Pass the cemetery on your right. Pass the HSE Creagh Training Centre on your right. Keep going until you come to an industrial unit on your right, the name of the company is Parkmore Switchgear.

The college is the next turn to the right through green pillars with metal railings, there is a FAS sign on the railings on the left.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=creagh+road+ballinasloe&ll=53.337638,-8.204641&spn=0.034593,0.104628&hnear=Creagh+Rd,+Ballinasloe,+County+Galway&gl=ie&t=h&z=14&vpsrc=0&layer=c&cbll=53.337776,-8.20469&panoid=yrMqZSc6A98s9295SEJ8Ew&cbp=12,30.79,,0,6.2

Go straight up the driveway to the end, ambulance college parking is around the rear of the building. Entrance is at the front, up the stairs to the 1st floor.

HTH, enjoy your time there! :) Good luck to all starting!

• Advertisement

coolmoose wrote: »
    Head through the town, heading towards Athlone. Pass Fred Kilmartin's Ford Dealer on your left. Straight through next lights. Take the next left, signposted Roscommon (R357). This is Creagh Road. Pass the cemetery on your right. Pass the HSE Creagh Training Centre on your right. Keep going until you come to an industrial unit on your right, the name of the company is Parkmore Switchgear.

The college is the next turn to the right through green pillars with metal railings, there is a FAS sign on the railings on the left.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=creagh+road+ballinasloe&ll=53.337638,-8.204641&spn=0.034593,0.104628&hnear=Creagh+Rd,+Ballinasloe,+County+Galway&gl=ie&t=h&z=14&vpsrc=0&layer=c&cbll=53.337776,-8.20469&panoid=yrMqZSc6A98s9295SEJ8Ew&cbp=12,30.79,,0,6.2

Go straight up the driveway to the end, ambulance college parking is around the rear of the building. Entrance is at the front, up the stairs to the 1st floor.

HTH, enjoy your time there! :) Good luck to all starting!

Thanks a million Coolmoose!I had looked at google street view but could only find the training centre :o No need for google maps with your info!Thanks again, much appreciated.

I rang them in Manorhamilton today to ask if we would be receiving any more info from them but the lady I spoke to said that from now on it will be the NAS college that will contact us!She said that they(NAS college) 'might' send us an email or text between now and Tuesday, but that if they don't we just go to the college on Tuesday at 9am as planned and take it from there........Not long now :D And can I just say to the rest of ye that are waiting to get a call to start the training : Keep the heads up, don't listen to any rumours and your call will come!!I was in the exact same position and I now how it feels!!!

hope you are right , the uncertainty is the worst thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

ardyl wrote: »
    hope you are right , the uncertainty is the worst thing.

Did you not get a letter with your contract telling you where and when to be on Tuesday.

sorry lads, should have explained better,i'm hoping to be called in the next class ( in the new year). anyway best of luck to all those starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Thanks a million Coolmoose!I had looked at google street view but could only find the training centre :o No need for google maps with your info!Thanks again, much appreciated.

Glad to help, anything else you need to know...just ask! Best of luck to ye all on Tues, and welcome to the service!

Glad to help, anything else you need to know...just ask! Best of luck to ye all on Tues, and welcome to the service!
    Thanks for that ;)

Cheers :)

Did anyone get a look around? I only got a quick nose just now

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tech Dave

seangannon wrote: »
    Did anyone get a look around? I only got a quick nose just now
    The college?? Anybody gonna be about the hotel this evening?

• Advertisement

The college?? Anybody gonna be about the hotel this evening?

Yeah the college. I saw feck all really but at least I know where I'm going. Na only just settled in now. Are you gonna stay in the hotel for the seven weeks?
    I know of a room going to rent if your interested.

Advertisement