Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

Got the call today for my references. Hopefully were still go for the 10th! It's getting close now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

Absolutely brilliant news. Great to see the process moving again, even if they are still holding back on confirming the places for October. Everyone stay positive and cross your fingers. Good luck to the Oct class and everyone waiting in the wings for Nov.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Chervill

References have been checked for october 10th class. My three referees have been contacted today and yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 superserg78

Chervill .....what number on the panel are you?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Chervill .....what number on the panel are you?

Mod note to Chervill - Please be very careful about disclosing information which could immediately identify you to your potential employers. Given that this person has no other posts on boards to date, I personally would advise that you do not reveal your number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emtmayo

Thats brilliant the references have been checked for October class. Hopefully the rest of us wont be too far behind!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Just wondering if any of the guys from the oct class have got official word on a start date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 redmonster

Hi, I was speaking to Manorhamilton this morning, not good news ..... they reckon november class wont be going ahead this year, but will be first class of 2012.... at this stage im just going to wait& pray for the letter to come!!!! they still have no idea & i dont think anyone does.....who knows it may go ahead in nov hopefully, but we should have been notified of the 2nd last week in august if that were the case :(:(:(

moose112 wrote: »
    Just wondering if any of the guys from the oct class have got official word on a start date

No word on official start date yet for october class. Don't know what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

has anyone received any communication lately to confirm 10th of october start date? What has the last thing that ye have been informed of ? ... please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

subscriber wrote: »
    has anyone received any communication lately to confirm 10th of october start date? What has the last thing that ye have been informed of ? ... please

I waiting my self haven't heard any thing since I got rang about references, I know 2 of my 3 were contacted. But I've heard nothing from hse regarding an induction day. It's getting close now.

HighlyCooL wrote: »
    I waiting my self haven't heard any thing since I got rang about references, I know 2 of my 3 were contacted. But I've heard nothing from hse regarding an induction day. It's getting close now.

they are leaving it fierce late for a class starting on the 10th , considering ppl at this point only have three weeks to move , get started, and get accommodation... There is nothing worse than not knowing all the time. Anyone talk to manor lately, do they have anything to say for themselves, or are they just waiting to be told as well?

Based on previous classes, how long before induction day do classes usually receive contracts to sign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 xALFAx

I spoke to them about ten days ago and at that stage they weren't sure what was happening.

At that stage they were telling people to hold off handing in notice for current employment until they knew exactly what was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Will the panel expire come January when it is a year old??

bono_v wrote: »
    Will the panel expire come January when it is a year old??

I wouldn't think that they would expire the panel, it would cost alot to put a new panel together. Also so far there are only about 25 trained from this panel, it would be a waste of money setting a new one up so soon.

Looks like october 10th class is not going ahead.

We have had no direct contact from the hse at all to explain to us what is happening. Its only what we hear on this thread and if we call manorhammilton every so often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 medic999

The current panel will be extended but it seems the funding is not there to take in any more students for the unforeseeable future so its going to be a long slow wait i imagine. The october class should have heard at this stage so until you are sitting in the classroom i wouldn't be getting excited. There is 16 A&E nurses still waiting for their start date in UHG after going tru the interviews and being told they have a position months ago. its a disgrace of a situation and only going to get worse. The country is broke and healthcare is the main dept to suffer. Emigrate is the only answer:mad:

Early next year will hopefully see the classes starting again. With the overtime costs the ambulance service have at the moment they will need more paramedics on the road to reduce this. We've gone through the hard part of getting on the panel we will get the call soon!!!! :)

Hey anyone heard anything from manorhamilton recently??

emtmayo wrote: »
    Hey anyone heard anything from manorhamilton recently??

Ya they rang this morning , class going ahead 24th october..

thats brilliant news....roll on the next class :)

• Advertisement

thats brilliant news....roll on the next class :)

Are u not for this class emt mayo??

unfortunately no i might just make the next one (barely!!) if not i will def be the one after that. Hopefully the rest of us will get the call soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Great news with the new start date being announced. The best of luck to all of you and I really hope there are no more stumbling blocks between now and the 24th October.
    Give your mates a shout and tell them your social life will be postponed for at least a year, but you'll see them for a pint after that:D

You will love it, enjoy the learning and your new career;)

unfortunately no i might just make the next one (barely!!) if not i will def be the one after that. Hopefully the rest of us will get the call soon.

be aware mayo EMT that people deferred places for this class and reserves were used to fill the vacancies so i have heard.. as such they were moved to the bottom of the barrel ... which essentially has bumped u and everyone else up a few places .. i have no idea how many though.. u may very well be in the next class... stay positive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 medic999

Ya emtmayo i am like you i am delighted the class is going ahead cause i am unsure where i stand whether i will get into the next class or not, depends on the amount of drop outs or deferrels. Its great to see that its moving again, roll on next year, i wonder is there any chance of that november class going ahead maybe early december. The exam dates are still booked on the phecc website, keep the fingers crossed.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭stevie06

Just Got a Call, 1st Nov Class is going ahead in Ballinasloe. :eek:

unfortunately i can't start as it is too short notice. :(

but best of luck to all who start in Nov.

is it only the firse 8 weeks of this course are in phoneix park and then its changing ?? Is that true , wondering from the point of accommodation. Anyone know anything ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 redmonster

OMG, cannot believe i got the call for November this morning, am so thrilled to get ballinasloe & all :)... thats a shame for u stevie06, but dont worry ur time will come soon...........roll on november :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Green11

Been following for a while, brilliant news delighted for all of you that things have got moving again. :D Very anxious time for everyone. Anyone any idea how many have deferred? My very anxious other half is also on the panel :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Holy god what a lovely surprise for us all!! Im early 90's on the panel so would be the class after the november class. Been told it could be around March. Anyone hear anything on this??

Advertisement